+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario enters stage 3 (fall'20 course delivery)

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Exactly! Plus my class consists of just 22 people and it's still going to be held fully online for the fall :(

I really don't understand why universities have to operate online if bars, restaurants and movie theatres can open. Baffling to say the least.
It's because universities/colleges already spent lots of time and money to move everything online

Reactions: GradStudent18

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Yes makes sense...but how long is the contradiction going to continue ?

Bars are open, while universities are operating online ... sad.
In Manitoba, restaurants are opened to full capacity. But universities are still online. It's money after all. Universities have spent a lot to move to online classes. That's what they said. We still have to pay the same or higher fees even for online classes. My school's tuition is hiking this sem. They have to make up loss from low enrollment anyway, since domestic students don't have to study full-time, and they're not willing to take online classes, while intl students are more likely to defer

Reactions: GradStudent18

GradStudent18

Nov 11, 2019
In Manitoba, restaurants are opened to full capacity. But universities are still online. It's money after all. Universities have spent a lot to move to online classes. That's what they said. We still have to pay the same or higher fees even for online classes. My school's tuition is hiking this sem. They have to make up loss from low enrollment anyway, since domestic students don't have to study full-time, and they're not willing to take online classes, while intl students are more likely to defer
Now that you've put it that way, I understand why they are doing it online given all other public places & services are opening up / have already opened up.

This is really frustrating and anxiety-inducing.

Mine is a master's program and I run the risk of doing more than 50% of the program from home, if the Jan - April term is also online ( and therefore my entry will be non-essential ).

I think the Jan term will also be online seeing what's happening with Covid in the world. Canada will not want to risk allowing foreign students into the country in Jan if the global situation doesn't return back to normal.

This 50% limit issue will make me ineligible for PGWP after doing so much - topping my undergrad program, doing great in the GRE, applying to so many universities, getting those admits, then getting confused in choosing among them, then applying by myself and getting an approval for the study permit. After all this, covid comes to topple down people's whole lives. :(

Reactions: Bond 007

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Now that you've put it that way, I understand why they are doing it online given all other public places & services are opening up / have already opened up.

This is really frustrating and anxiety-inducing.

Mine is a master's program and I run the risk of doing more than 50% of the program from home, if the Jan - April term is also online ( and therefore my entry will be non-essential ).

I think the Jan term will also be online seeing what's happening with Covid in the world. Canada will not want to risk allowing foreign students into the country in Jan if the global situation doesn't return back to normal.

This 50% limit issue will make me ineligible for PGWP after doing so much - topping my undergrad program, doing great in the GRE, applying to so many universities, getting those admits, then getting confused in choosing among them, then applying by myself and getting an approval for the study permit. After all this, covid comes to topple down people's whole lives. :(
If Jan-Apr goes online, they'll probably modify if not make exceptions for PGWP eligibility since they've been accommodating so far.

Last edited: