+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

C

cchabert

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

There are direct flights to Alberta from Chicago, San Franciso, Seattle, Pheonix, Minneapolis, Las Vegas, Houston, Detriot, Denver, Salt Lake City...etc.

Thanks,
L.B
To be safe I used Atlanta - Dallas - Calgary and never intent to use Atlanta - Toronto - Calgary, on those days there was not any bulletin from CIC but in my mind I want simply to land in Alberta.

Cheers

jonnyU

Jun 16, 2010
Ell.Bee said:
Hi Jonny,

Everyone on this forum had enough long wait with the AINP and CIC process. The last anyone one wants is a denied entry and waiting again for re-entry. Yes it is aboslutely possible to land in a province other than the one that has nominated you. But why take the risk if there is a option to land in same province ?
Any sensible person would take the option where there is no risk while you are advocating landing in any province is fine.

Thanks,
L.B
Okay Ell, I’m here not for a quarrel but let’s make few things clear. First (and again it is from cic bulletin not my assumption), it does not make less risky if you land via Alberta, second I am not advocating landing from other province (Read my post cleary). The only point I'm trying to make is that it is more important to show your intention to reside the porviance that nominiated you than to do landing from that province it self. Many of you were more stressed about the direct flight to AB and other stuff. With my Business Law degree that is the conclusion I made from the cic bulletin. If you differ than it is your right.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonnyU said:
Listen pal, the sceneario you wrote is purely your assumption. There is nothing like that you'll find on cic page or PN page. Now about my friends, one is from Baltimore MD and another from Saltlake UT. The one from UT flew to Baltimore and they both made a drive to Toronto. And yes they both were selected via AINP.
you are right they need some evidence about your intention to live in Alberta. what makes them suspicious is if you are living in Salt Lake city and then you fly to baltimore and drive to Toronto when you could have taken a direct flight from Salt Lake city to Edmonton operated by Delta.

people think it is okay to do anything to save some bucks. like one guy might have flew from Salt Lake to baltimore to save international flight fees. then he gets to visit two more cities like baltimore and then buffalo while saving some more money while renting a 8 seater minivan and take friends family along across the border. he did not get interrogated, he was lucky. that dont mean this is the pattern that everyone should follow.

the forum is to share experience to avoid problems. people do think it is okay to do things the way they want . that is why immigration folks are getting stricter when they smell a rat in peoples intentions.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
To be safe I used Atlanta - Dallas - Calgary and never intent to use Atlanta - Toronto - Calgary, on those days there was not any bulletin from CIC but in my mind I want simply to land in Alberta.

Cheers
any wise person would do this.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brownredxx said:
So you just show your ticket then you're good to go, wherever you want, is that right? I dunno,I think they're smarter than that. I think we're missing a point here, I believe they will just let you sign something that will go back to you when you go and apply for citizenship. Wouldn't that be more practical and convenient?
they are not foolish as you think nor do they think we are fools. they are seeing that people are trying to be smarter than they actually are. they are doing the job of trying to retain the immigrant in the provice that nominated them. there are people who want to use this as a loop hole where they will get the nomination from one provice and live in another province. in first place they never had intention of living in the nominating province. they have all kind of statistics to find the details with the SIN as to where you got nominated and now where you are paying taxes etc...and they are getting stricter with these immigrants in terms of their intent.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
AlbertaGovernor said:
you are right they need some evidence about your intention to live in Alberta. what makes them suspicious is if you are living in Salt Lake city and then you fly to baltimore and drive to Toronto when you could have taken a direct flight from Salt Lake city to Edmonton operated by Delta.

people think it is okay to do anything to save some bucks. like one guy might have flew from Salt Lake to baltimore to save international flight fees. then he gets to visit two more cities like baltimore and then buffalo while saving some more money while renting a 8 seater minivan and take friends family along across the border. he did not get interrogated, he was lucky. that dont mean this is the pattern that everyone should follow.

the forum is to share experience to avoid problems. people do think it is okay to do things the way they want . that is why immigration folks are getting stricter when they smell a rat in peoples intentions.
I totally agree with you AG

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonnyU said:
Okay Ell, I'm here not for a quarrel but let's make few things clear. First (and again it is from cic bulletin not my assumption), it does not make less risky if you land via Alberta, second I am not advocating landing from other province (Read my post cleary). The only point I'm trying to make is that it is more important to show your intention to reside the porviance that nominiated you than to do landing from that province it self. Many of you were more stressed about the direct flight to AB and other stuff. With my Business Law degree that is the conclusion I made from the cic bulletin. If you differ than it is your right.
oh so you have a law degree... no wonder you are uslessly arguing on the forum even when you are justfying something that is wrong. common trait of a lawyer....will fight as long as they get the money, forget its right or wrong.

so are you a no win no fee lawyer :p

jonnyU

Jun 16, 2010
AlbertaGovernor said:
just cos you have a business law degree you cannot be justifying someones foolish risky decission. are you a no win no fee type of lawyer :p
"you are you a no win no fee type of lawyer" and this comes from a person with user id Alberta Governer. Well FYI I'm not justifying someone folish risky decision, just concluding the cic bullition the way I see. If you can show me where in the cic bulletin it says it is less (or no) risky landing via AB than I am with you. But you know it well there is not. Just like you I'm here to help and give people my feedback. Also, I did say if you want to disagree with me than it is your right. Even after this you want to insult me and my degree hiding behind the web like a coward than go for it.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Dear Governor,

You are absolutely correct. To judge an intention to live in Alberta is totally based on POE officer's personal sentiment. To be safe, we shouldn't take it for granted and conclude anything that is not concluded by CIC. I feel the immigration process is like running business, we need to buy insurance to prevent our business from failure. Below are some "insurance items" that I think of or learned from others:

1) Submit you original nomination certificate to CIC, you only need to keep a copy since the original copy is of no use after its validation date.
2) Use designated doctor to do medical exam and do not send the result package by yourself. If the package is lost for any reason, you have a chance to fight.
3) If you can, try to land in Alberta (for AINP) first and provide an Alberta address.

Before, I had a plan to fly to Seattle and driveto Vancour since I have a friend there. Now, this is not an option for me. I will fly to Calgary with connections in the US, or fly to Montana and drive to Alberta.

Anyway, we should play safe and not take the risk.

"the"

AlbertaGovernor said:
you are right they need some evidence about your intention to live in Alberta. what makes them suspicious is if you are living in Salt Lake city and then you fly to buffalo and drive to Toronto when you could have taken a direct flight from Salt Lake city to Edmonton operated by Delta.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
the is good. 8)

the said:
Dear Governor,

You are absolutely correct. To judge an intention to live in Alberta is totally based on POE officer's personal sentiment. To be safe, we shouldn't take it for granted and conclude anything that is not concluded by CIC. I feel the immigration process is like running business, we need to buy insurance to prevent our business from failure. Below are some "insurance items" that I think of or learned from others:

1) Submit you original nomination certificate to CIC, you only need to keep a copy since the original copy is of no use after its validation date.
2) Use designated doctor to do medical exam and do not send the result package by yourself. If the package is lost for any reason, you have a chance to fight.
3) If you can, try to land in Alberta (for AINP) first and provide an Alberta address.

Before, I had a plan to fly to Seattle and driveto Vancour since I have a friend there. Now, this is not an option for me. I will fly to Calgary with connections in the US, or fly to Montana and drive to Alberta.

"the"

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do your home work my friend, Calgary is not vanasthalipuram. It has good number of connecting flights major cities in USA.

brownredxx said:
When you say land directly to Alberta. how could you possibly do that? if there's no direct flight going there. You always have connecting flight coming from major cities like Toronto or Vancouver.

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
"vanasthalipuram".. Nice... Yeah LT is right... there are a lot of direct flights to Calgary and as well as Edmonton. Its just a matter of going on Priceline or Expedia and checking the availability..

BTW, folks it will be nice if we stop the bickering. We are all here to help eachother and not to make enemies. It doesn't look like we have heard much this week, lets hope we hear something before Christmas. To be safe prepare yourself not to hear from CIC still Jan. From what I have seen they tend to respond in batches.. Happy Holidays!!

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Do your home work my friend, Calgary is not vanasthalipuram. It has good number of connecting flights major cities in USA.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jonnyU said:
"If you can show me where in the cic bulletin it says it is less (or no) risky landing via AB than I am with you."
can you show me where it says you can land in any province? you are he only person on the forum who is justifying intentional landing in another province. good luck with your landing tell us what happens. btw you dont need to be with me, it really doesnt matter, this forum is for exchange of information not a voting center.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the said:
Dear Governor,

"the"
before the release of the bulletin i wouldnt be surprised if there were many folks who were planning landing in a province other than alberta. or unless that province is drivable from where they are or along the route.

good you changed your mind after releasing the bulletin as its better to be safe than sorry.