+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Try this --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp . Have someone in Canada call this 1800 number and conference you in. See if you can gather information.

satyac said:
Thanks arajesh,,,,I was guessing that if i dont apply for PR card with some time period say 6 months ,my PR status fall in jeopardy...Is it true..

Please any one reply me...
Thanks

VJ

Jul 6, 2010
Hi Guys
It is a nice Thread. I can see lot of information shared between the people. This is so helpful.
Even I'm in the same category. Applied in 2171.

Application sent to CIC Bufalo on March 15 2010.Simply Waiting and Waiting.. One more thing, before that My application was returned for correction on "Present" field (Background history). My bad.. Corrected and sent it .

Threads are so helpful.

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
1 more

http://www.newsweek.com/2009/02/06/worthwhile-canadian-initiative.html

siva007

Apr 23, 2009
Thank you priya86. I had sent the cashier's check. How do I find out if the CIC had cashed my check? Should i check back with the bank?

Thanks for your advise.

Regards,
Siva

priya86 said:
Shiva ,

Once they cash your MO ,They will print your file number starts with B******** on MO .So ask your bank for copy of that receipt .
Once they will start your process then your status will appear on ecas.It will take about 2 to 3 months.
You can check it by visiting https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas.

Hope will help,

kins4u2

Star Member
Mar 20, 2009
Thanks arajesh for sharing useful information.

arajesh5 said:
Guys,

First things first - My family and I landed as PRs today. Yes it was successful.

Now, the story - nothing big.

1. One person in this forum helped me with an address in Alberta. I must thank him profusely for it. The address alongwith very useful thoughts from AlbertaOrburst, Manny, AlbertaATJ and Avalap helped me tons.
2. I went to the counter at 11 AM. There was nobody waiting in line. I went straight to the immigration line. A lady officer called me. I went to her and did not let her talk. I said I went there a day ago and that the officer was not convinced with a Manitoba address. Told her I have an Alberta address and am back to complete my landing formalities. She said -- "Thats great". Give me the COPRs. I did. She asked me "Oh provincial nominee". I said Yes. She asked me "When do you intend to move to Canada". I said "In a couple of months when I wrap up job n such." . She asked me to take a seat, called me in 10 minutes and asked me to sign the COPRs.

... Do you notice I used some of your advice here ? lol - even the words in a few places.

Lessons to be learnt:

1. Talk convincingly. It is NOT automatic that your PR is granted at the landing post. Note: I can talk superb. If I cudnt play this game well - that means this task needs preparation. Do you homework - Plan to talk convincingly about how soon you plan to move to Alberta.
2. Have an address in Alberta. The fact that an address in Alberta is not necessary is not completely correct. I did take this part light and it bit me. and Oh - Know what .. I had to stay 2 days nights in the US - all hotels in Niagara Falls and Buffalo were $199 minimum - and thats for very ordinary - no-iron-box-Knights Inn (not an Hampton Inn or Embassy Suites)

and about Canada - I wouldnt relate this to Canada being unwelcoming as a few people tend to think. I think the officer who declined to let me land was doing his work - Check abuse - Check to see if PNPs intend to serve the actual purpose of PNP immigration.

about Service Canada - went at lunch time -so had a good 1 hour wait.

and to the forum - I have seriously not found such a nice bunch before. Kudos guys.

and to myself - A big lesson in life - about ill planning.

Thank you so much .. Srini_72 :) , AlbertaOrbust, Xprime, Josephdadreamer, Avalap, Manny and AlbertaATJ.

satyac

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
despoimmigrant said:
hi GYWS after long silence i am back here to give my update.

I faxed CIC with TORONTO address to send my PR cards. I got PR cards yesterday on Toronto address.

So this is it.........
Hi despoimmigrant..

Congrats on getting your PR cards..

Now Im want to take same path,i want to fax canadian address.But im not having any friends or relativies who can send me my PR card.So im guessing to send some mail forwarding service address .My concerns are do this will work.Right now im in USA,i did not provided canadian address during landing ,and now if I fax candian address ,cannot they find out that im not canada now from there landing reports...

Please share your thoughts on it and please provide me FAX number to send candian address..

Thanks

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Anyone who sent his cic application around March 26 2010, has got request for his AOR and Medical request?

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
Dear Rajesh..
heartily congrats dude!! I was waiting for your post since yesterday from 11.30 AM alberta time!!:)
Hope sometime we all will meet at Alberta and remember this time of wait n struggle!!