+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only received 1 year PGWP for 2 one year course with 4 months break

vish_s

Feb 10, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have received PGWP for one year for two graduate certificate courses. Below are the details.

First Course: Business Analytics, Seneca College, JAN 2021 To AUG 2021
I took a study break after my first course i.e., from AUG 2021 To DEC 2021.​
Second Course: Project Management, Humber College, JAN 2021 To AUG 2022

I applied in SEP 2022 and received PGWP in FEB 2023. Except graduation certificate from my second college (instead, submitted confirmation of graduation), I submitted all other documents with a letter of explanation. My passport has validity until 2029.

I talked to a lawyer and he suggested either re-consideration or reapplying the application. Is it advisable to seek service from a lawyer or do it on our own? How many days do we have time to apply for reconsideration? Is this calculated from the day of graduation? Can I work when giving it for reconsideration?

Please share your valuable suggestions for this issue.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: liberty_guy

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
Hello everyone,

I have received PGWP for one year for two graduate certificate courses. Below are the details.

First Course: Business Analytics, Seneca College, JAN 2021 To AUG 2021
I took a study break after my first course i.e., from AUG 2021 To DEC 2021.​
Second Course: Project Management, Humber College, JAN 2021 To AUG 2022

I applied in SEP 2022 and received PGWP in FEB 2023. Except graduation certificate from my second college (instead, submitted confirmation of graduation), I submitted all other documents with a letter of explanation. My passport has validity until 2029.

I talked to a lawyer and he suggested either re-consideration or reapplying the application. Is it advisable to seek service from a lawyer or do it on our own? How many days do we have time to apply for reconsideration? Is this calculated from the day of graduation? Can I work when giving it for reconsideration?

Please share your valuable suggestions for this issue.

Thank you
Is it because of the break after 1st course or the graduation letter? Kindly update here once you get things sorted as I am planning to do 1+1 too.

vish_s

Feb 10, 2023
Is it because of the break after 1st course or the graduation letter? Kindly update here once you get things sorted as I am planning to do 1+1 too.
My friends who applied with the same got 3 years, so may be its not because of the break and the graduation letter. It might be an error from their side or any mistake in my application. Anyway, I am going for re-consideration request through a lawyer.

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
My friends who applied with the same got 3 years, so may be its not because of the break and the graduation letter. It might be an error from their side or any mistake in my application. Anyway, I am going for re-consideration request through a lawyer.
Good luck bro, hope you get it

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Hello wish,
I hope your issue was resolved and you got 3 year PGWP.
Can you confirm the process of reconsideration request? is it through the webform itself or any other? Please help. Appreciate it

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Did you submit a full transcript AND Letter of completion for BOTH programs? Go to your portal and check. 9 times out of 10 it is because of this reason, they will issue a shorter PGWP

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Did you submit a full transcript AND Letter of completion for BOTH programs? Go to your portal and check. 9 times out of 10 it is because of this reason, they will issue a shorter PGWP
Hello Impatient Dankaroo,
Thank you for your reply.
I can confirm both transcripts were uploaded as I completed graduation from 1 college itself. I believe there was some technical issue that led to only 1 Graduation letter was uploaded. I have all the original documents with me. I raised a webform requesting a reconsideration. Can you please suggest a way to rectify this situation please. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello Impatient Dankaroo,
I can confirm both transcripts were uploaded as I completed graduation from 1 college itself. I believe there was some technical issue that led to only 1 Graduation letter was uploaded. I have all the original documents with me. I raised a webform requesting a reconsideration. Can you please suggest a way to rectify this situation please. Your help is greatly appreciated.
I believe there was some technical issue that led to only 1 Graduation letter was uploaded
There is your issue.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I understand.. can you suggest me a way to get this issue resolved?
I have documents for both years with full-time status
Apply for reconsideration. I do not know what the process is, consultant a lawyer or certified immigration consultant. You have to apply within x amount of days after your decision was made

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Apply for reconsideration. I do not know what the process is, consultant a lawyer or certified immigration consultant. You have to apply within x amount of days after your decision was made
Thankyou for your reply. I have raised a webform for reconsideration. I received an automated email stating that documents were received and added to the file for officer to view. Is that everything that can be done? I understand you might not know the exact procedure but any advise would be greatly appreciated.
THANK YOU AGAIN.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
Hello,
Apologies to bother you.
I have raised webforms with documents and one of the IRCC agent did mention to do that to be reconsidered.
I called them again and a different agent said you only uploaded one graduation letter so VO made the decision, there's nothing that can be done. But it was due to a technical issue.
Would you suggest anything else moving forward? Can MPs help in this case as I was clearly eligible for 3 year PGWP. I understand there was an error but the transcripts included grades for both courses, so I feel its a combination of errors.

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Hello,
Apologies to bother you.
I have raised webforms with documents and one of the IRCC agent did mention to do that to be reconsidered.
I called them again and a different agent said you only uploaded one graduation letter so VO made the decision, there's nothing that can be done. But it was due to a technical issue.
Would you suggest anything else moving forward? Can MPs help in this case as I was clearly eligible for 3 year PGWP. I understand there was an error but the transcripts included grades for both courses, so I feel its a combination of errors.
If I were you, I would order GCMS notes, and see what was the concluding remark when the visa officer made the decision on your file. I personally like to include a letter of explanation (with an enclosure section listing all the documents attached) in all my visa applications even though it is not required. In the event the visa officer reads the letter and finds a document missing, they should be coming back to you. I was once contacted by the visa officer for a missing piece of a document, which I believed was correctly uploaded, luckily I mentioned about this document in the explanation letter I attached.

I'd also consider the 180 days period when requesting such reconsideration. Also, take advice from an immigration consultant.

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023
If I were you, I would order GCMS notes, and see what was the concluding remark when the visa officer made the decision on your file. I personally like to include a letter of explanation (with an enclosure section listing all the documents attached) in all my visa applications even though it is not required. In the event the visa officer reads the letter and finds a document missing, they should be coming back to you. I was once contacted by the visa officer for a missing piece of a document, which I believed was correctly uploaded, luckily I mentioned about this document in the explanation letter I attached.

I'd also consider the 180 days period when requesting such reconsideration. Also, take advice from an immigration consultant.
Hi Sam ,
I have already requested GCMS notes. In my application, transcript were for both courses but due to some technical issue only one Graduation was uploaded. I understand its not their mistake.
but as soon as I realized this might be a factor leading to decision, i raised a webform with explanation and all required docs.
Do you know any scenario where pgwp validity was reconsidered?
Would you advise to speak to MP or lawyer?
any advise would be greatly appreciated

sameer111

Mar 11, 2023

also the 180 days since my graduation has passed since i Received approval after 185 days. I believe I still havechance to reapply as 90 days are still not over since my SP expired