+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only experienced people can help me, SErious family problem, hardship in my life

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 no less than 6.5
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
21 july 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
[size=10pt]Hello Guys,
[/size]My info
- My nationality is Indian and I am 30 year old
- married for ~4 years, but came here alone as it was for studies
- finished 2 years university from Ontario in JAn 2016
- working as full time employee in reputed company in ONtario
- I have 3 years open work permit valid from this month.
- Planning to file pnp NEXT YEAR as its closed this year.
- Ielts general 7 bands
- I have father and mother back home which are NOT in CANADA. I am the only one in CANADA.
- I gave a copy of my marriage certificate while I applied for VISA in JUNE 2014
- I have no Kids
- I have not been charged ever anywhere anytime in the world for any type of issue.
- My wife has a job back home.
_

following is my PROBLEM -
My wife and her family is creating trouble and asking me to come back to INDIA and leave everything in canada because she is only single child and they don't want her to live far from their parents, so her parents are forcing and (just couple hours back) they threatened my family while they visited my parents.
_ I Tried a lot to convince MY WIFE and her parents but they won't understand and getting furious day by day saying that we have already waited a long time{ by long time they meant the time I spent here starting from sep2014}
_ I asked them to send my wife right away but they wont do that at all and saying that we don't want to keep this relationship.
_ after getting my WORK VISA I was about to file her WORK VISA AND call her here but I got backed up because of new job and moving on stuff.

After 30 days of this all tensions, I have made up my mind to move On and leave her and get a divorce because the way they are acting right now and not willing to listen or understand anything, things are not going to work out in future, and no one wants these types of trouble in their life.

Following are my questions:

1. Her father is giving me and family a threat that " he Will email Canadian embassy and f**K up my career here", <<<-- need your expert comments here
2. Which document will I need at the time of PNP and/ OR PR saying that I am not married anymore.

Please advise guys,if you don't know and can help me out by asking someone who would know about this type of situation then your 2 minutes efforts can help someone coming out of this hardship situation.

I appreciate your time for reading this.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
As to point 1: nothing can happen to you. They can write as many emails as they like. Here in Canada we do not accept such behavior at all.

As to your divorce, read this: http://www.futurescopes.com/getting-divorce/821/guide-getting-divorce-india-mutual-consent

Maybe others can have some more insight..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
1. You are considered adult. Canadian embassy won't be able to do anything without your consent.

2. You can declare marital status as divorced and provide copy of divorce certificate when you apply. Similarly for Separated if that is your situation instead

obib

Star Member
Dec 3, 2011
I will advice you create time,Travel back home and spend some Time with your wife.I tried to understand the situation and know that the circumstances may have been traumatic for your wife and the Family because long distance relationship is not easy and very depressive especially, with Canada where bringing Family over may take years.I am sure if you visit home and spend time with your wife and family,they may see reasons with you and be more patient.Give it another trial again rather than just moving on and marrying another woman.Think of this place yourself in her position where she has been away from you since about 23 months and you are not sure when you can join her in Canada will you also be able to take it? I wish you the best as you take your decision. Goodluck!

Lakesyde

Nov 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
XX17
App. Filed.......
XX-03-2014 (MPNP)
Nomination.....
XX-08-2015
AOR Received.
XX-01-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
XX-06-2017
Med's Done....
XX-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
XX--07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
XX--08-2017
LANDED..........
28-09-2017
imcool1 said:
[size=10pt]Hello Guys,
[/size]My info
- My nationality is Indian and I am 30 year old
- married for ~4 years, but came here alone as it was for studies
- finished 2 years university from Ontario in JAn 2016
- working as full time employee in reputed company in ONtario
- I have 3 years open work permit valid from this month.
- Planning to file pnp NEXT YEAR as its closed this year.
- Ielts general 7 bands
- I have father and mother back home which are NOT in CANADA. I am the only one in CANADA.
- I gave a copy of my marriage certificate while I applied for VISA in JUNE 2014
- I have no Kids
- I have not been charged ever anywhere anytime in the world for any type of issue.
- My wife has a job back home.
_

following is my PROBLEM -
My wife and her family is creating trouble and asking me to come back to INDIA and leave everything in canada because she is only single child and they don't want her to live far from their parents, so her parents are forcing and (just couple hours back) they threatened my family while they visited my parents.
_ I Tried a lot to convince MY WIFE and her parents but they won't understand and getting furious day by day saying that we have already waited a long time{ by long time they meant the time I spent here starting from sep2014}
_ I asked them to send my wife right away but they wont do that at all and saying that we don't want to keep this relationship.
_ after getting my WORK VISA I was about to file her WORK VISA AND call her here but I got backed up because of new job and moving on stuff.

After 30 days of this all tensions, I have made up my mind to move On and leave her and get a divorce because the way they are acting right now and not willing to listen or understand anything, things are not going to work out in future, and no one wants these types of trouble in their life.

Following are my questions:

1. Her father is giving me and family a threat that " he Will email Canadian embassy and f**K up my career here", <<<-- need your expert comments here
2. Which document will I need at the time of PNP and/ OR PR saying that I am not married anymore.

Please advise guys,if you don't know and can help me out by asking someone who would know about this type of situation then your 2 minutes efforts can help someone coming out of this hardship situation.

I appreciate your time for reading this.
This is 2016 my friend and your inlaw can not dictate to you regarding where u and ur wife are going to be settling. The truth is that you have to move ahead of them...
Pls to talk to ur wife and tell her to act like an adult that she is. My advice is that you should apply for a TRV VISA with CPC Ottawa (TRV allows you to re-enter canada while your work permit keeps u in Canada till u get ur PR) and travel home to see if you can convince ur inlaw not to destroy ur dreams and ambitions. I understand that the wife cld be feeling lonely, but their point is that they want the couple to settle close to them. Since u can work her work permit down to canada, i dont know why they shld be dictating to you again. You know what to do if they are proving stubborn.....and you can start the processing even before u start coming back to canada......but pls make a great effort to convince them and make peace first. God bless you

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
I know how typical indian family can be when it comes to this matter, speak with my experience, if you are planning to go back make sure you are able to come back safe in one piece, you dont want ending up getting your passport taken away from you by your father in law

We are grown up adults
You and your wife should be able to make decision and not the parents or in law, if your wife cant decide something her self and need her parents to decide for her i would say move on with your life

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request
7.5 no less than 6.5
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
21 july 2014
LANDED..........
SOON
Maggie03 said:
I know how typical indian family can be when it comes to this matter, speak with my experience, if you are planning to go back make sure you are able to come back safe in one piece, you dont want ending up getting your passport taken away from you by your father in law

We are grown up adults
You and your wife should be able to make decision and not the parents or in law, if your wife cant decide something her self and need her parents to decide for her i would say move on with your life
SIr, can you tell me Pros and cons of getting divorce from here in Canada.

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
Pros you can remarry and start a new life here
Cons I don't know. Your wife is in India and I have no idea on how the divorce works in that case since she is not here to sign the papers. It's better to ask a lawyer advise