+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online vs mail citizenship application

SPADMASH

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
hi
just a week ago my husband and kids had citizenship oath ceremony. they applied in November 2019 and got it now after 2 years of wait. I couldn't join them because I was not eligible during that time as I had gone to my home country for 2 months. now I qualify, but I am very confused which is better sending my application through mail or just doing it online. Plz advise me regarding this. I don't want to wait for long time hopefully .
thanks

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
hi
just a week ago my husband and kids had citizenship oath ceremony. they applied in November 2019 and got it now after 2 years of wait. I couldn't join them because I was not eligible during that time as I had gone to my home country for 2 months. now I qualify, but I am very confused which is better sending my application through mail or just doing it online. Plz advise me regarding this. I don't want to wait for long time hopefully .
thanks
Absolutely, Online is much much faster. I have seen many 2021 applicants got certificate now. They have applied online. DONOT apply by mail. The online system is accessable by all the teams of citizenship department. You can check the spreadsheet of 2021 or there is a thread here for the online applicants. You can see how fast it is.

Reactions: SPADMASH

aseth03

Dec 7, 2021
HI ,

I am filling application online , had one query for the passport details .
I am Indian Citizen , got my passport renewed in Canada .
What should I fill in Country or territory of issue ?
Place of Issue is as mentioned in passport .

Thanks

rpatel08

Nov 10, 2021
What should I fill in Country or territory of issue ?-> india
Place of Issue is as mentioned in passport .-> canada