+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visitors Visa Extension Approved, no instructions?

Brassx

Aug 13, 2012
Recently, my online application to extend my stay here in Canada was Approved. ("A final decision has been reached This application has been approved") The little helper stated:
"
We have reached a final decision on your application.

If your application is approved, we will send you a letter and instructions on how to get the visitor visa, work and/or study permit you applied for.

This letter will be sent to your account."

Well it was approved, and I've yet to receive a message in my inbox of my myCIC account, does anyone know how long this usually takes? Or if it meant that it was actually mailing a letter to my current address? Or since I applied to extend my current stay, do I receive nothing? Sorry for any ignorance I show in the matter.

Thanks for any help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Brassx said:
Recently, my online application to extend my stay here in Canada was Approved. ("A final decision has been reached This application has been approved") The little helper stated:
"
We have reached a final decision on your application.

If your application is approved, we will send you a letter and instructions on how to get the visitor visa, work and/or study permit you applied for.

This letter will be sent to your account."

Well it was approved, and I've yet to receive a message in my inbox of my myCIC account, does anyone know how long this usually takes? Or if it meant that it was actually mailing a letter to my current address? Or since I applied to extend my current stay, do I receive nothing? Sorry for any ignorance I show in the matter.

Thanks for any help!
You will get a visitor record in the mail.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A letter will be sent to the mailing address that was stated on the application. Mine took only a couple days to be sent after the approval.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Just wondering what your timeline was for extension approval? And when did you submit online application? Just wondering what kind of time frame I am looking at.
Thanks!

Brassx

Aug 13, 2012
I submitted mine February 15th and it was approved February 21st. Pretty quick for me, But I imagine they aren't usually that quick.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Hello Brass,
Was just wondering if you have heard any more about your approval? Did they send you a new visitor record in the mail? I finally got mine approved yesterday - YAY!
Just wondering how long it took for you to receive something.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
GMCSierra said:
Hello Brass,
Was just wondering if you have heard any more about your approval? Did they send you a new visitor record in the mail? I finally got mine approved yesterday - YAY!
Just wondering how long it took for you to receive something.
I have applied visa extension for my wife, in fact I have followed online questionnaire, which prompted to fill Visa extension application. However today they have withdrawal the application with below reason.

Any idea what could be the issue?

You are currently in possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident in Canada. A temporary resident visa cannot be issued at our office.

Quick response will be appreciated.