+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visitor Visa Applied - Need Advice PLSS!!!

mandyiary

Apr 3, 2017
Hi All!

I'm from the Philippines (Philippines passport), father is Indian so I have an OCI card as well. I'm currently in New Delhi.
I applied for tourist visa online today but I am so nervous since I tend to overthink. Could anyone please just advice what they think my chances are?

I applied for 2 weeks tourist visa.

Here's what I submitted:

Proof of finance:
-A screenshot of my online bank statement and card since I'm not in the Philippines and can't obtain the hard copy of the statement. (at least $2000 in it)
-I'm working as a freelancer so I included my contract with a company based in Singapore to show how I earn.
-My brother will be sponsoring my travel so included his letter, bank statement, credit card statement, employment letter and notarised letter of guardianship that he is my legal guardian.

Proof of ties (I heard this is very important and this is what I am nervous about)
-Property on my name
-Father's business registration in India. (I mentioned that I live in the philippines but Im an overseas citizen of India and I have been with my dad since few months. I also travel back and forth from Delhi to Philippines)

Travel History
- Used UK visa (I studied there for about 5 months but I dropped out and went back home)
- Used Tourist Visa for Japan
- I have several travel stamps from travelling to and from Delhi to Philippines.
- Also, travelled to Indonesia, Macao, Hong Kong, Scotland. *these countries don't have stamps since they only issue a slip.
- I am a travel blogger and have a website.
- I applied for a German student visa from New Delhi last 2014 and was rejected because of lack of documents/they din't believe my purpose. But since then, I got a UK visa and Japan Visa.

What do you guys think? Like I mentioned, I have anxiety attacks and tend to overthink! Please be gentle. :-[

mandyiary

Apr 3, 2017
*UPDATE*
Visa Refused :'( :'( :'(

I'm a 22 year old female from the Philippines. I applied for a tourist visa on April 2, 2017 and was denied on April 7, 2017 on the basis:

- travel history
- Employment prospects in country of residence
- Personal assets and financial status

travel history- I'm currently in India since the past 5 months as my father is Indian. I also hold an OCI card. I have travelled to almost 7 countries in the past 3 years. I have obtained a UK Visa and Japan Visa. I don't know how else to satisfy travel history? I'm planning to attach a table form of my history including details like duration, etc. And also old boarding passes and old passport which has some stamps from travelling to and from Philippines and India. I genuinely want to travel as a tourist and have no other intention!!

Employment prospects in country of residence - I am still studying, I'm doing a distance learning course from uni of london and my exams are in singapore. I'm also working as a freelancer to support my travels but I am largely financially dependent on my dad. How else can I prove this? Attaching my student ID and examination form? and a letter from my father?

- Personal assets and financial status
I have my own bank account which has about $2500 CAD. I submitted my brothers bank statements and employment proof as he would be sponsoring my travel along with the screenshot of my bank statement and freelancing contract. I also attached a land ownership on my name. For my new application, Im thinking to add my father's ITR and business registration here in India. I did not include it before since my brother was sponsoring me. Would that help?

In my previous application, I did not attach a letter of explanation so this time I'm going to that as well.
Please, please advice. Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a visit did you request?

mandyiary

Apr 3, 2017
2 weeks. I reapplied today. Let's see!!

I added additional documents like my Father's ITR, bank statement and business regstration. My brother's business permit, vehicle registrations as additional proof of asset.
I also added proof of relationship: my PAN card and my brother's birth certificate.

My brother is in the Philippines and my Dad in India but I am supported by them both and I do have strong ties in both the countries.

mandyiary

Apr 3, 2017
Bump.

Update:
I received a passport submission request on the 18th of May. What does that mean?
Also, I am travelling out of India right now and will be back in a week. Is it okay to submit the passport then?
I also made changes in my hotel bookings since I changed the dates of my travel. I hope that does not affect my visa status?