+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visitor Visa Application

mansipeer

Sep 19, 2017
I had applied online for a visitor visa on 18-08-2017. My GC key account shows that the documents are still under process. The process is taking long. Whom should I contact? I have been asked to fill an IRCC web form but it asks for the Visa office I have applied to. How to know which office is that? Kindly help.

Thanks

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
That is less than a month ago. Visitor visa applicants are waiting up to 4 months at the moment.

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
That is less than a month ago. Visitor visa applicants are waiting up to 4 months at the moment.
I applied on the 18th Aug online aswell and got my Passport Submission Request Letter Today. I also got an email from the local Canadian Embassy today whom I messaged YESTERDAY asking what is the hold up?

They informed me they try to process ALL Tourist Visa Request within 14-working days, however they have experienced system technical difficulties over the last month, hench the hold up.

If you go onto CIC website you will see a message that they did maintenance on their system today aswell. According to the embassy's email a mass amount of passport submission request letters were sent out to applicants today.

I have heard of Visa's taking a long long time and I am by no means an expert BUT to say upto 4-months without backing that up with some facts is a bit discouraging and harsh. In such a case surely there will be updates on the IRCC mailbox asking for an interview / additional docs etc.

I think it is best to wait 10-days after estimated processing time has expired from application country and then to send them a message / webform, at least in my case it worked.

Good luck to you sir. I suggest keep pressing them

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I applied on the 18th Aug online aswell and got my Passport Submission Request Letter Today. I also got an email from the local Canadian Embassy today whom I messaged YESTERDAY asking what is the hold up?

They informed me they try to process ALL Tourist Visa Request within 14-working days, however they have experienced system technical difficulties over the last month, hench the hold up.

If you go onto CIC website you will see a message that they did maintenance on their system today aswell. According to the embassy's email a mass amount of passport submission request letters were sent out to applicants today.

I have heard of Visa's taking a long long time and I am by no means an expert BUT to say upto 4-months without backing that up with some facts is a bit discouraging and harsh. In such a case surely there will be updates on the IRCC mailbox asking for an interview / additional docs etc.

I think it is best to wait 10-days after estimated processing time has expired from application country and then to send them a message / webform, at least in my case it worked.

The fact that you got PPR in a few weeks does not mean that's the case for everyone. I have applied online for my mother-in-law since June 24 and have still gotten no update. I know others who have applied in May and are still waiting. The response VO gave me was they received far many temporary visa applications and they are currently outside processing times. I know it depends on the VO application is made to but it appears there is a general significant delay across board. So the previous poster saying waiting period is up to 4 months is not so far fetched if you are at the receiving end.
*Mandie*

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
The fact that you got PPR in a few weeks does not mean that's the case for everyone. I have applied online for my mother-in-law since June 24 and have still gotten no update. I know others who have applied in May and are still waiting. The response VO gave me was they received far many temporary visa applications and they are currently outside processing times. I know it depends on the VO application is made to but it appears there is a general significant delay across board. So the previous poster saying waiting period is up to 4 months is not so far fetched if you are at the receiving end.
*Mandie*
I guess you are right again this whole Canadian Visa Application thing blows my mind ive been to many places around the world but never experienced such a chaotic / weird / nerve-wrecking application system I mean....people gotta make plans which is kinda hard if its 1-month for me, 4-months for "Pete", 2-weeks for "Gloria" its just kinda insane but I guess it is what it is.

Anyway could not help to laugh out loud for your anchor image link at bottom "CIC processed application 1 year 4 months and 5 days later" is that true bydaway?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I guess you are right again this whole Canadian Visa Application thing blows my mind ive been to many places around the world but never experienced such a chaotic / weird / nerve-wrecking application system I mean....people gotta make plans which is kinda hard if its 1-month for me, 4-months for "Pete", 2-weeks for "Gloria" its just kinda insane but I guess it is what it is.

Anyway could not help to laugh out loud for your anchor image link at bottom "CIC processed application 1 year 4 months and 5 days later" is that true bydaway?
Oh that is in reference to my hubby's sponsorship application in February last year; has since received his visa as of November last year. Oh trust me, I've been through the FSW, Sponsorship and now visit visa ( which is proving to be a pain considering it's only a TRV!). And very soon citizenship - can't wait to be done with CIC. Lol
*Mandie*

saurez7777

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
My girl friend applied for visitor visa on Aug 19 and got Passport request today.

Saffa1989

Sep 15, 2017

May I ask which Visa office you have mailed? I applied online on 22 Aug our flights leave on the 3d of Oct. My girlfriend is Canadian. and I am South-African that currently resides in Thailand. Any comments would be appreciated.

anonymous88

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
May I ask which Visa office you have mailed? I applied online on 22 Aug our flights leave on the 3d of Oct. My girlfriend is Canadian. and I am South-African that currently resides in Thailand. Any comments would be appreciated.
Hey mate Im also a South African who resides in Thailand go figure to many of us creatures here.

1) Okay I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Id rather start playing the lottery since the chances of you winning the lottery are better than making your Canadian flight on 3-Oct. Why?
Well I literally just got home after submitting my Passport Request Letter at the VFS in Sukhumvit 15, thinking I would make my flight next Friday 29-Sep.
The Visa processing time is not all that you wait on, UNBELIEVABLY / UNFORTUNATELY....
Ive got a letter / receipt here from the VFS office which I can send you a pic off if ya wanna see it. Unbelievably it takes 2-working days for VFS to submit your passport to the Canadian Embassy in BKK despite it being literally less than 5-min drive away and then it takes another 7-working days for the Canadian Embassy to print your visa in your passport and send it back to VFS for collection.

Remember we are talking working days here so that kinda brings you to or very close to 3 Oct already, so you'd have to look at a change of dates, I'd say push it forward at-least 2-weeks minimum.

I applied on 18Aug and got my submission letter 19Sep

If ya inbox me your email I'll forward you the info I received from the embassy in Bangkok.
Basically what I did was I filled a webform and strangely got a reply from the embassy. It basically read that my visa was completed on due processing time but due to a "system overload / glitch" is the reason why I didn't receive my passport request earlier, according to the email I have, it said the system automatically sends out a mass Passport Request message on 19th Sep for all processed applications.

Hope that helps somewhat.
Goodluck Cant believe such a great country has such a horrible immigration system