+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visit Visa Application for Parents

afm759

Jan 24, 2021
Hi,

My parents received visit visa in 2019 but that expired, so they are applying again (ONLINE). I need help with the following:

1) I don't see a space for invitation letter. I also need to upload my own passport.

2) I also want to upload their old passports as they had canadian visa. As per recommendation, old passport should be uploaded if there is a visa on it. I dont know if they still need to know because current online application has a slot for UCI number, which will show them my parents' previous visa info

3) the address box in the online application doesn't accept "/". Their address is (for example) 166/7... I dont know whether to use a dash "-" instead, like 166-7. OR leave a blank like 166 7. Anyone else came across this problem?

4) there is just 1 slot for "additional documents". I uploaded their financial info there. But I still need to upload a few other "good to have" documents. Normally, with online applications, you can add a bunch of additional documents like cover letter, financial info, doctor's note, etc etc. I don't even see a slot for invitation letter and my passport. Those don't fall under "optional documents". They are mandatory.