+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visa- How long did it take for you ?

Divhar

Apr 27, 2015
Kingo said:
I applied in 2/4/2015 biometrics 7/4/2015 online SPP application with owp for my spouse 23/04 nothing yet
Hi Kingo.
I applied for my Student permit to Los Angeles VAC and I am currently in Canada.
01-04-2015 - Applied.
Have not heard anything yet and my school starts on May 11!
I did not receive anything about biometrics yet!
WHy?

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
shantan07 said:
Hey Mate,

I have got a passport request from CIC. I applied online and it seems visa has been approved since the letter says that if I don't send my phone passport within 30 days, it would result in refusal of my application.

Mate, I work with Credit Suisse, around 800 people work here and when I asked HR, she said she never received any call as such and also confirmed that HR would not disclose this info to third party. So based on her confirmation, I assume CIC wouldn't have called them. If they would have, I am sure I would have had a notification from one of the HR's..

Yes it does. For instance, in India the processing time is 3 weeks whereas in london it's 8 weeks. Go to canadian immigration website for exact info..
when did you applied for your study visa ?

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
hi Divhar ,
some people talking about they don't see the application until the study time is near my study will start at 21 of June about your biometrics did you apply online or using mail?

Divhar

Apr 27, 2015
Kingo said:
hi Divhar ,
some people talking about they don't see the application until the study time is near my study will start at 21 of June about your biometrics did you apply online or using mail?
Kingo,
I applied online with the help of a lawyer as Ive had bad experiences applying on my own :(
They say online is faster.
Once i receive a letter from them, I have send my passport through a friend to the USA as I have Indian Passport and is illegal to Mail it cross border.
I am very nervous about the time line as my school start on 11 May and received a letter from them saying I need to bring the Student permit before 5 days of class starting, else they will refund the fee.
Phew.
Last minute things have their own way of distress!
Whats your situation?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Check this forum for some discussions related to the Online Application for TRV:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-online-application-t258887.0.html;msg4242529#msg4242529

Kingo

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LA USA online application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-5-2015 passed in 1/6/2015
Passport Req..
05-06-3015
VISA ISSUED...
sooon
LANDED..........
soon
Divhar said:
Kingo,
I applied online with the help of a lawyer as Ive had bad experiences applying on my own :(
They say online is faster.
Once i receive a letter from them, I have send my passport through a friend to the USA as I have Indian Passport and is illegal to Mail it cross border.
I am very nervous about the time line as my school start on 11 May and received a letter from them saying I need to bring the Student permit before 5 days of class starting, else they will refund the fee.
Phew.
Last minute things have their own way of distress!
Whats your situation?
Dear Divhar
you dont need to do biometrics http:// www.cic.gc. ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=717&t=19 they will ask you about medical checkup if you didnt do it upfront only if not you will receive your letter directly

ashishk22

Nov 4, 2014
Aistah said:
Did u apply from inside Canada? Please tell me the procedure. I also want to apply for visa and currently I am in Canada with valid work permit.

Thanks
I applied from outside Canada, from India.

python143

Jun 20, 2015
Hi Friend,

I was going through your post and wondering did you get your visa finally?

Thanks,
Python143