+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV: Passport sent to CPP-Ottawa from the US

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I also got this email 10 minutes ago:

"Dear Ms. ------,

Thank you for your message which I have read through. In view of your experiences I have forwarded your summary to the Ottawa Centralised office to try to determine the cause of the confusion and will request if the office can contact you directly to advise you of the current status of your application.

Best regards,

Visa officer / Agent de visa
Consulate General of Canada - New York"

t30

Oct 27, 2013
At least you are getting personalized responses now.

I got this email this morning from Ottowa. I should have contacted them directly instead of the los angeles office earlier. What do you think. Thanks fr sharing your experiences.

"Dear Client,

Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.
Please visit your MyCIC account for instructions that will be sent to you when it will be time to send your passport for the issuance of your visa.

Regards,"

I believe you got a similar response from them in addition to the automated response to the email?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Got more emails from them:

"Dear Ms. ----,

We are interested to hear that you received the message you did on October 22. If you would be able to forward the email back to this email address for quality assurance purposes, we can deal with the matter here.

Our records show that the visa has been printed. Can you please confirm whether you have received your passport?

Thank you,

NHQ - Centralized Processing Region | AC - Traitement centralisé"

I sent them the details & said I don't have my passport, to which they replied:

"Dear applicant,

Please be informed that your application has been finalized and your passport was returned to you via regular mail on November 6, 2013.

Regards,

Section des résidents temporaires | Temporary Resident Unit – NK03487"

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
This is actually not an automated response. Wait for a couple of weeks before sending more emails.

t30 said:
At least you are getting personalized responses now.

I got this email this morning from Ottowa. I should have contacted them directly instead of the los angeles office earlier. What do you think. Thanks fr sharing your experiences.

"Dear Client,

Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.
Please visit your MyCIC account for instructions that will be sent to you when it will be time to send your passport for the issuance of your visa.

Regards,"

I believe you got a similar response from them in addition to the automated response to the email?

t30

Oct 27, 2013
Thanks. So you are saying the previous email is not automated? Let us know when your passport arrives.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
I got my passport back today. Visa stamp is from November 4th.

Good luck everyone!

anyta66

Dec 19, 2012
t30 said:
Just got a passport request from CIC today! wish me luck.
are you sending your passport to CPP-Ottawa, do you have the address you need to send your passport to?

I received an email indicating they need my passport but have not received any formal letter from CIC.

Regards,