+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV Application

gubat

Feb 1, 2013
Just an update. I've received my passport today and it's positive. I think for online applications they will only ask for your passport once it is approved.

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
submitted with the application package
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
@gubat thanks for sharing a good news.
its quite fast then for online applications.

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
hi guys just want to share with you that i just submit my passport this morning together with the letter from the cic then i received it with the visa stamp this afternoon. online application really do save a lot of time.

aimraje

Feb 18, 2012
keai_253 said:
hi guys just want to share with you that i just submit my passport this morning together with the letter from the cic then i received it with the visa stamp this afternoon. online application really do save a lot of time.
hello..where's ur location?

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
@aimraje i applied online and i go submit my passport in singapore

aimraje

Feb 18, 2012
@keai_253 i see.. im having a hard time with electronically signing.. im 100% sure i typed in the first & last name correctly, and the security answer as well... -sigh- the only things i didnt upload are the optional ones (schedule 1 & explanation letter) what could be wrong?

any idea? thanks!

meldoremi

May 30, 2013
Hi all,

I am a Malaysian passport holder, so my CIC office is Singapore. I recently submitted an application for a transit visa (have a flight that will transit in Vancouver for 80 mins), and here's my timeline -

May 16 (Thursday): Submitted online application
May 21 (Tuesday): Received message from CIC saying a decision has been made and told me to mail in my passport
May 27 (Monday, morning): Courier (with passport) delivered at High Commission

Today is May 30 (Thursday) and I still haven't heard from the High Commission, and I'm getting antsy because I need my passport to fly out on June 8 (Saturday). I realized I'm cutting it a bit close, mainly because I have misunderstood the online application process: As a first-time applicant for a Canadian visa, I wasn't aware that I still needed to mail in my passport eventually, so I did not factor in transit (mailing) time.

Anyway, I'm quite glad to have found this forum. Question for those of you who have had your TRV (visitor or transit) processed in Singapore using online application:

1) Did you receive a message when your passport left the High Commission (either via courier or registered mail)? (It seems like gubat did...)
2) How long did it take after you submitted your passport (or delivered if you mailed it) before #1 happened (i.e. how long did your passport stay at the High Comm)?

I'm getting really worried, especially if for some reason they wouldn't use my DHL label (I included a company account as payer's account number - hope they'll accept that as prepaid). The Visa Section does not take phone calls, so I don't know what else I can do other than sending them an email. Any thoughts?

Thanks all!

P/S: IMHO this whole process is so overkilled for a 80-minute transit. I expected the online app to be similar to the Australian ETA, where everything was really done electronically. No mailing required. If I knew it were this troublesome, I'd have picked a different flight. Sigh...

keai_253

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in His time
Hi meldoremi,

Unfortunately I can not help you on your status.
Yes I did apply online for TRV and my passport was submitted here in Singapore because I am working here.

But I personally submit my passport and collect it at the same day.

Goodluck to you.

meldoremi

May 30, 2013
Thanks for your prompt response, keai_253!

I ended up emailing them to explain my situation, and they responded around 5pm today! (OK so they're not that mean. :))

They requested for more info on my DHL account (company name, account holder name, etc.). I've just provided the info to them, so hopefully they can mail it out tomorrow, if not Monday.

I'll keep everyone posted.

keai_253 said:
Hi meldoremi,

Unfortunately I can not help you on your status.
Yes I did apply online for TRV and my passport was submitted here in Singapore because I am working here.

But I personally submit my passport and collect it at the same day.

Goodluck to you.

hk21

May 27, 2013
gubat said:
We are on the same boat. They receive my passport on monday ( 02/04 ) and today I received and email that they'll be sending my passport back this afternoon. I'll inform you what the final decision is. :)
Did you apply from outside Canada?

arespinoza

Sep 8, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So after you get your TRV approved can you then fly to canada or did you still need to apply for a Work Permit if so how did you apply?

infinity8

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
Doc's Request.
08-02-2011 Divorce Papers
AOR Received.
23-03-2011 RPRF
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
05-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2012
LANDED..........
31-01-2012
aimraje said:
@ keai_253 i see.. im having a hard time with electronically signing.. im 100% sure i typed in the first & last name correctly, and the security answer as well... -sigh- the only things i didnt upload are the optional ones (schedule 1 & explanation letter) what could be wrong?

any idea? thanks!

I made the same mistake. You should confirm the selection "I agree", Click and select it.

gojhanet

Apr 14, 2014
Hi! Can someone help me please.

I'm from Manila and I applied my parents for a TRV online. After I have successfully paid thru my credit card I clicked the 'Return to CIC Online Services' and showed a page that reads something like " no need to check on MyCIC to check about the status of your application etc". Haven't fully read what It said and I logged out after that message. However, when I check MyCIC the following day, the status reads " application not submitted". I tried to do resubmit it but it would still lead to the payment page.

Was my application successfully submitted or not? Why I haven't receive any email from them. Or should I wait for more days? What would be the status of your application in MyCIC once you have successfully submitted your application.

Thank you.