+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV application taking long time

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi all,
I applied for TRV for my mother in law online. I am a PR and currently living in Toronto with my family. My mother in law lives in Chennai. I applied online on her behalf. This is a regular visitor visa and not super visa. Last year when I applied for my parents the same way, we got the approval email in 2 to 3 weeks and then my father submitted passports in Chennai VFS office and got the visa stamped. I wanted to do the same way for my mother in law.

But now, the application was filed on Jan 2nd and from then I am not seeing any update. Application status says OPEN and all other docs says not needed at this time. Not sure if there is any delay in overall processing or if this is due to the new Bangalore center opening up.

Please advise if anyone is in the same situation. Thanks for all your help and inputs.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It's seems to be taking unusually long for your mother-in-law's TRV. Perhaps you could send an email enquiry or ring the VFS toll-free number.

The Bangalore consulate has been up-and-running since last year and processing times can be quite fast. So that may not be the reason for the delay in your case