+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online TRV Application from USA

sp_sarkar

May 11, 2016
Hi all,

I am creating this topic for all the applicants who have applied online for Temporary Resident Visa and waiting for decision yet to make.
Please post your views and experience here to help others to obtain visas.
Thanks in advance
Cheers!!!!
-SP

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
If you applied online and got a message with a letter on My CIC account requesting you to submit your passport then you need to submit the following 6 documents. You can send it to the New York or Los Angeles address. The New York office accepts passports after you have received a letter requesting you to submit your passports. However, the New York office does not accept a paper visitor visa application. The rumor that the New York office is closed is false.

Also please understand that the requirements might change over years, so call (646) 741 0130 to confirm documents and addresses before mailing out your passports.

Address to send the following documents along with the original passport:
Visa Application Centre (SP)
290 Madison Ave, 2nd fl.
(41st Street & 40th Street)
New York, New York 10017
U.S.A.
Documents
1) One copy of the letter requesting you to submit your passport
2) Two copies of the Consent Form
3) Orignal valid passport
4) Photo Copies of Cashier Check for the amount of USD 30.59 (USD) for online applications.
5) Letter confirming your contact information
6) Return Envelope from USPS only

Address to send the VAC Service Fee for passport submission:
CSC Consular Services, Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352
Documents
1) Original Cashier's Check, Money Order or Bank Draft for the amount of USD 30.59 only if you submitted an online application.

If you live close to Los Angeles then here are the addresses to send your documents

Address to send the 6 documents
Visa Application Centre
2120 E. Grand Avenue, Suite 108A
El Segundo, CA, 90245
U.S.A.

Address to send the VAC Fee for Passport Submission
CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039

Please call the respective offices before you send your documents to confirm the documents and addresses.

formalboygirl

Star Member
Jun 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-04-2011
kudos to you, your hard work will help other future visitor visa applicants.

vrichard

Jul 20, 2016
THANKS A LOT TO YOU!!! Your post was the only reference in the internet which clearly explains the processes / documents need to be sent after receiving passport request letter, even the official cic or cse sites dont have this info.. great research and i am sure it would have helped many people like me. THANKS AGAIN!

davidzoan

Aug 2, 2016
Thanks to OP for this information. I referred to the info while applying and this was of great help!

onlineesha

Aug 2, 2016
Hi ,I am trying to upload IMM5257B form and I am clicking the validation button in the form but then also I am not able to see any bar code but it's showing validation completed. But when I am uploading the doc it's giving me error like error validation but it's not showing me any specific error. Please help me it's urgent.

davidzoan

Aug 2, 2016
onlineesha said:
Hi ,I am trying to upload IMM5257B form and I am clicking the validation button in the form but then also I am not able to see any bar code but it's showing validation completed. But when I am uploading the doc it's giving me error like error validation but it's not showing me any specific error. Please help me it's urgent.

I think others face this problem too.
Try the steps mentioned in this post.

use canadavisa[dot]com[slash]canada-immigration-discussion-board/unable-to-upload-imm5257-t199727.0.html;msg3145252#msg3145252

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Hi,
I am on F1 visa in USA & have applied TRV online 4 days ago. I haven't received any bio-metric request notice or confirmation of submission in last 4 days. The only notice i received was for "Fee receipt confirmation". I can see in GC account that even the application number has not be assigned yet.
I am not worry but definitely little curious about the delay in receiving "bio-metric and submission confirmation notices" because my past experience is different then this time. I applied TRV in December 2016 and received both notices along with the Visa application fee confirmation immediately and my that TRV application was approved by the mid of January. I still have a valid TRV Visa which will expire next month, but i had to apply for new one since i was travelling for the new year holidays.

Anyone else having the same delay in receiving bio-metric and confirmation of submission??? If yes, please share your experience or advise that what to expect?

Thanks!

bond078

Aug 21, 2017
When sending the passport to VAC, is the "Passport delivery" fee $31.4 per person or total per family? if a husband and wife are applying for visa, should they pay $31.4 or $62.8?

Jul 11, 2018
As per VAC email dated July 11th,2018

Hello,

See details below as to how to submit your passport.

-Passport

-VAC consent form: http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/checklists/US/en/General/Consent_Form.pdf

- CIC letter (approval letter)

- Copy of VAC Service Fee for passport submission -- $32.27 per applicant. It can be paid:

(VAC FEE IS ONLY WAVIED IF BIOMETRICS WAS DONE IN OUR OFFICE)

> At the Visa Application Centre with a credit/debit card (Visa/Mastercard).

> By bank draft, cashier’s check, certified check, or money order made out to “CSRA Consular Services, Inc.” **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.** Tear off and keep the receipt portions of money orders for your records.
The photocopy is listed a requirement because it serves as proof of payment and we cannot continue processing your passport without it. You will submit the actual check/money order for the payment by mail to the following address and a copy within your package that you will send to our office:
P.O. Box 419557 (CSRA Consular Services Inc)
Boston, MA 02241-9557
DO NOT SEND PREPAID RETURN ENVELOPES, PASSPORTS, OR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE LOCKBOX -- ONLY SEND VAC FEE PAYMENTS

- Return mailing options: (Please be advised, per our website we do not accept prepaid FedEx labels from applicants.)

A) Submit a prepaid USPS, UPS, or DHL envelope (must be larger than letter-sized) to our office. Be sure to include a tracking # on it.
B) Submit a fee of USD 20.21 for us to create a FedEx shipment (US addresses ONLY).
This can be can be paid by Visa/Mastercard at the VAC OR by bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSRA Consular Services Inc. **We do not accept personal checks or cash. If you have sent a personal check please have it cancelled. If it has been cashed you must submit a copy of a bank statement showing the withdrawal so that we can accept the payment.**
The original cheque(s) must be sent to the following lockbox with your name written on the back with a pencil and a copy within the package that you will send to our office:
P.O. Box 419557 (CSRA Consular Services Inc)
Boston, MA 02241-9557
DO NOT SEND PREPAID RETURN ENVELOPES, PASSPORTS, OR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO THE LOCKBOX -- ONLY SEND VAC FEE PAYMENTS

---
Kind regards,
Visa Application Centre (ay)
290 Madison Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017

Email: ny-info@csc-cvac.com
Call Centre: (646) 741-0130