+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online request for OWP was denied. How do I indicate it in my PR application?

PriyeshIyer

Jan 3, 2023
I had applied for a Spousal Work Permit online from India and the application was denied.
I landed in Canada on a visitor visa and was issued my Spousal Open Work Permit at the port of entry.
Now when I apply for my PR I can see 2 questions which are very similar and I am not sure where to indicate about my application that was denied.

1. Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Where do I mention about my online application that was denied?

getcicky

Sep 23, 2023
I had applied for a Spousal Work Permit online from India and the application was denied.
I landed in Canada on a visitor visa and was issued my Spousal Open Work Permit at the port of entry.
Now when I apply for my PR I can see 2 questions which are very similar and I am not sure where to indicate about my application that was denied.

1. Has XXX been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Where do I mention about my online application that was denied?

In 2. What was the reason for denial?

PriyeshIyer

Jan 3, 2023
In 2. What was the reason for denial?
"Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B."

This was the reason.

I have received an ITA now and simply want to indicate this but I don't know which one of those 2 questions do I indicate it under?