+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online reapplication!

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hello folks,

Unfortunately I have been refused student permit from Canadian Embassy, Paris. It is shocking news for me. Since I have applied for the study permit to study at the University of Alberta for the PhD program I pretty much hoped to get the visa but I'm completely shattered by the decision. As the refusal letter mentions the following reasons behind the decision---

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• whether the person has been accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution;
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip, to pay tuition fees and to support himself or herself while in
Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your
situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

In this circumstance how could I go further? Any suggestions and thoughts from your side folks?
Highly appreciated!!

Thanks

Visa victimized Sharma

shahidparwez

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2016
IELTS Request
02-05-2016
File Transfer...
04-05-2016
Ualberta said:
Hello folks,

Unfortunately I have been refused student permit from Canadian Embassy, Paris. It is shocking news for me. Since I have applied for the study permit to study at the University of Alberta for the PhD program I pretty much hoped to get the visa but I'm completely shattered by the decision. As the refusal letter mentions the following reasons behind the decision---

In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• whether the person has been accepted to study at a Canadian educational institution;
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip, to pay tuition fees and to support himself or herself while in
Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your
situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

In this circumstance how could I go further? Any suggestions and thoughts from your side folks?
Highly appreciated!!

Thanks

Visa victimized Sharma
All these are generalized reasons there is no specific issue. What you have done i believe you have made some big mistake as U of Alberta is a reputable institution which has some good standards and other important thing that you have applied for Phd program for which rejection chances by VO are very limited. Have you gathered some supervisory support from U of Alberta with some financial support ?

aircanada

May 27, 2014
I'm very confused by your writing. Did you obtain acceptance (with funding) from the University of Alberta?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
All you have listed are possible reasons but left off the actual reason they rejected like was it funding was it ties to hone country, exactly what was said on the additional pages as the reason

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Hello folks,

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, its very strange and at the same time frustrating. Yes, those reasons mentioned on the refusal letter sound general and in the another paper of the letter the VO has mentioned- I quote here-

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

purpose of visit
employment prospects in country of residence
personal assets and financial status

From the documents which you have submitted in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you
have answered all questions truthfully, as required by subsection 16(1) of the Act. Specifically, I am not
satisfied that the following information is truthful: IMM1294

Those above mentioned reasons that made me victimized. With respect to the IMM1294 form yes I could not write the past ten years Employment description completely since the blank spaces are not enough for my case. I have written the rest descriptions in my Letter of Expression.

With respect to the ''purpose of visit'' is already clear that I would be doing my PhD studies---strange I have submitted all the offer letter from Alberta what else does the VO need? Completely bullshit??? Sounds so, eh?

''employment prospects in country of residence''---an odd reason? Since in my LOE letter I have already clearly mentioned that after my PhD I would go to academia back in my home country. So why is this BS reason??? Could not get this VO, do you? Also my current country of residence is not my home country.

''personal assets and financial status''--- Back home I have but not in this my current country of residence. But I do have some money in my bank account here in my country of residence. Any clear-cut response to deal with this reason?? If so, let me know dear folks.

These are the spots that have victimized me, folks. Any further thoughts? Highly appreciated.

Study permit victimized Sharma

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
Bs65 said:
All you have listed are possible reasons but left off the actual reason they rejected like was it funding was it ties to hone country, exactly what was said on the additional pages as the reason
In the additional pages---

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:

purpose of visit
employment prospects in country of residence
personal assets and financial status

From the documents which you have submitted in support of your application, I am not satisfied that you
have answered all questions truthfully, as required by subsection 16(1) of the Act. Specifically, I am not
satisfied that the following information is truthful: IMM1294

Those above mentioned reasons that made me victimized. With respect to the IMM1294 form yes I could not write the past ten years Employment description completely since the blank spaces are not enough for my case. I have written the rest descriptions in my Letter of Expression.

With respect to the ''purpose of visit'' is already clear that I would be doing my PhD studies---strange I have submitted all the offer letter from Alberta what else does the VO need? Completely bullshit??? Sounds so, eh?

''employment prospects in country of residence''---an odd reason? Since in my LOE letter I have already clearly mentioned that after my PhD I would go to academia back in my home country. So why is this BS reason??? Could not get this VO, do you? Also my current country of residence is not my home country.

''personal assets and financial status''--- Back home I have but not in this my current country of residence. But I do have some money in my bank account here in my country of residence. Any clear-cut response to deal with this reason?? If so, let me know dear folks.

happyReem

May 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you applying alone or with family?

Did you show sufficient fund (excluding the PhD funding offer) that would cover minimum 1st year tuition fees + 10k for you and 4k for your spouse and 3k for other family members?

Did you attach your CV with the application?

Ualberta

Star Member
Apr 27, 2016
happyReem said:
Are you applying alone or with family?

Did you show sufficient fund (excluding the PhD funding offer) that would cover minimum 1st year tuition fees + 10k for you and 4k for your spouse and 3k for other family members?

Did you attach your CV with the application?
Thanks, I have reapplied. Lets hope it goes to the right direction!

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Thx for ur sharing! Now i have a very bad feeling of my aplications.
I dont live in my home country and i have working visa in my residence country.
I will prepare my reapply docs and i will make as detail as possible.
I will even give them like more than 100 pages docs.