+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Pre-arrival Service to prepare for job search in BC before coming!

Dec 17, 2014
Are you immigrating to British Columbia and want to get ready to find a job?

Participate in MOSAIC's FREE ONLINE PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES

MOSAIC is a multilingual, non-profit agency dedicated to assisting immigrants and refugees with settlement and integration needs. Through a variety of programs and services, we help clients to fully participate in Canadian society.

What is involved in the Online Pre-arrival Services?

MOSAIC's Online Pre-arrival Services is an employment focused online service. Participants can take part in a series of online workshops to build the skills, tools, and knowledge you need to find employment and successfully enter the workforce in your chosen field or occupation. Our Vancouver-based instructor will share real-life tips and strategies to look for work the Canadian way, explain what employers are looking for, and work one-on-one with individuals to succeed in job interviews!

Who is eligible?
You can join the program if you...
• are currently outside of Canada, already approved or in the process of applying to immigrate to Canada
• plan to settle in British Columbia
• have English (IELTS) level 5 or higher
• have access to a computer and high speed Internet
• have 7 to 10 hours a week to participate in the workshops for 6 weeks

MOSAIC's informative and interactive Online Pre-arrival Job Search Strategies Workshop (JSSW) and Workplace Communications Skills Workshop (WCSW) will give you the confidence you need to successfully enter the Canadian job market.

Learn about topics such as:

● Occupational Requirements
● Different Methods of Job Search
● Resources for finding advertised and hidden jobs
● How to Market Yourself
● Résumés and Cover Letters
● Interview Skills
● Workplace Culture
● Workplace Vocabulary
● Writing Emails and Reports
● Pronunciation and Conversation with Co-workers
● Participating in Meetings

When
Job Search Strategies Workshop: January 5, 2015 - February 13, 2015, February 16, 2015 - March 27, 2015
Workplace Communication Skills Workshop: February - March, 2015

To register or learn more, please go to our website. After you apply, you will receive an email from us in your Inbox. If you don't see it, try checking your Spam or Junk Mail.

You are also welcome to leave a message in this forum to be in touch with the Program Assistant.

Dec 8, 2014
Hello
Currently estrou in Brazil and I intend to find a job in Canada, where I intend to stay definitive ...
My profession is mechanical designer, I worked 13 years ...
But I'm willing to perform other functions ...
Any work that is assigned to me ...
I am grateful to so ...
Thank you...

Dec 17, 2014
Hi there,

If you are intending to come to British Columbia, I encourage you apply to this Online Pre-arrivel workshop first on our website. You will be given guidance on preparing your Canadian resume, cover letter, and use other tools to start your job search. When do you expect to arrive in BC?

Our organization is located in Vancouver. If you stay in Vancouver, I welcome you to visit our office where we can direct you to an employment program suitable for your needs. We cannot assign you a job now, but when you visit us we may be able to support you so you don't have to do your job search alone.

Hope this helps.
Helen

Harry_Putter

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
India
Visa Office......
Warsaw & Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Nov 2014
AOR Received.
17 Mar 2015
File Transfer...
12 Feb 2015 to Warsaw. August 2015 to Delhi
Med's Request
09 May 2015
Med's Done....
12 May 2015, TLU 20 May 2015
Interview........
Additional docus requested by NDVO on 11 Sept 2015, submitted on 22 Sept 2015
Passport Req..
09 Nov 2015 DM - 07 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Recvd COPR 13 Nov 2015
mosaicprearrival said:
Hi there,

If you are intending to come to British Columbia, I encourage you apply to this Online Pre-arrivel workshop first on our website. You will be given guidance on preparing your Canadian resume, cover letter, and use other tools to start your job search. When do you expect to arrive in BC?

Our organization is located in Vancouver. If you stay in Vancouver, I welcome you to visit our office where we can direct you to an employment program suitable for your needs. We cannot assign you a job now, but when you visit us we may be able to support you so you don't have to do your job search alone.

Hope this helps.
Helen
Hi Helen:
I am interested to join your program. Please send me the program details in the coming months.
Thanks,
Harry

moutaouakilhamid

May 25, 2015
mosaicprearrival said:
Are you immigrating to British Columbia and want to get ready to find a job?

Participate in MOSAIC's FREE ONLINE PRE-ARRIVAL SERVICES

MOSAIC is a multilingual, non-profit agency dedicated to assisting immigrants and refugees with settlement and integration needs. Through a variety of programs and services, we help clients to fully participate in Canadian society.

What is involved in the Online Pre-arrival Services?

MOSAIC's Online Pre-arrival Services is an employment focused online service. Participants can take part in a series of online workshops to build the skills, tools, and knowledge you need to find employment and successfully enter the workforce in your chosen field or occupation. Our Vancouver-based instructor will share real-life tips and strategies to look for work the Canadian way, explain what employers are looking for, and work one-on-one with individuals to succeed in job interviews!

Who is eligible?
You can join the program if you...
• are currently outside of Canada, already approved or in the process of applying to immigrate to Canada
• plan to settle in British Columbia
• have English (IELTS) level 5 or higher
• have access to a computer and high speed Internet
• have 7 to 10 hours a week to participate in the workshops for 6 weeks

MOSAIC's informative and interactive Online Pre-arrival Job Search Strategies Workshop (JSSW) and Workplace Communications Skills Workshop (WCSW) will give you the confidence you need to successfully enter the Canadian job market.

Learn about topics such as:

● Occupational Requirements
● Different Methods of Job Search
● Resources for finding advertised and hidden jobs
● How to Market Yourself
● Résumés and Cover Letters
● Interview Skills
● Workplace Culture
● Workplace Vocabulary
● Writing Emails and Reports
● Pronunciation and Conversation with Co-workers
● Participating in Meetings

When
Job Search Strategies Workshop: January 5, 2015 - February 13, 2015, February 16, 2015 - March 27, 2015
Workplace Communication Skills Workshop: February - March, 2015

To register or learn more, please go to our website. After you apply, you will receive an email from us in your Inbox. If you don't see it, try checking your Spam or Junk Mail.

You are also welcome to leave a message in this forum to be in touch with the Program Assistant.

nitika_677

Jan 16, 2015
Hello

I have got Permanent Residence Visa under Federal Skilled Worker Program. I am a UNIX System administrator and planning to move to BC. Currently I am in India. Can you assist me?

Regards
Nitika