+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online PR Card Renewal Application "incomplete application"

Joseph P

Mar 31, 2023
Submitted Feb 26, As of March 31st during 6am i got an email to check my application Online and it shows "Returned: "Incomplete Application" but did not get any email stating what i need to complete, except for the fact that when i went inside the edit application online, only part that had no "submit" green button was "consent / declaration" so i reded that and resubmitted it, was i correct for doing so? due to it not stating anything incomplete. Please help

Reactions: nikhil.t

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
Submitted Feb 26, As of March 31st during 6am i got an email to check my application Online and it shows "Returned: "Incomplete Application" but did not get any email stating what i need to complete, except for the fact that when i went inside the edit application online, only part that had no "submit" green button was "consent / declaration" so i reded that and resubmitted it, was i correct for doing so? due to it not stating anything incomplete. Please help
The same thing happened to my dad as well. He applied around the same time as you. No email or anything. He also redid the consent/declaration. Did you figure anything out? I'm hoping it doesn't mean that he has to do the whole waiting game again...

nikhil.t

May 11, 2023
Hi, Any updates on your application?
I'm in the same boat :
Application Submitted - 12th March 2023
Application returned - 11th May 2023, with no reason. Just says incomplete with an option to sign and resubmit, which I did. Hope i don't have to wait another 2 months now!
I read in another forum that when they return and application wihtout reason you should also check your photos section, click on edit and if theres an issue with thephoto its mentioned there. I have already submitted my application so can't do much but in case they return it again then I'll try that...

nikhil.t

May 11, 2023
The same thing happened to my dad as well. He applied around the same time as you. No email or anything. He also redid the consent/declaration. Did you figure anything out? I'm hoping it doesn't mean that he has to do the whole waiting game again...
Did you hear back from them or get any updates?

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
Did you hear back from them or get any updates?
Nothing yet. My application still says "submitted". I checked the photos section though before and nothing was highlighted, just the consent/declaration part of the application. Hoping I hear back soon!

Reactions: nikhil.t

nikhil.t

May 11, 2023
yes, this is for people where the Action button is greyed out, that's not the case for us. We could click on view and then resign the document.

nikhil.t

May 11, 2023
Any update for you? My dads still says "submitted" as of April 08th.
No, no update yet... Their processing time has increased to 90 days now! Also, did you submit any proof of residency obligation? I didn't and i think that's why they might have said its incomplete but they weren't specific so not sure! Will have to wait and watch.

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
No, no update yet... Their processing time has increased to 90 days now! Also, did you submit any proof of residency obligation? I didn't and i think that's why they might have said its incomplete but they weren't specific so not sure! Will have to wait and watch.
I saw that too and thought how insane it was to see such a high number! No need to prove residency obligation. Only if you've been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the past 5 years.

nikhil.t

May 11, 2023
I saw that too and thought how insane it was to see such a high number! No need to prove residency obligation. Only if you've been outside Canada for 1095 days or more in the past 5 years.
If you read it carefully after the first sentence it says please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for documents required and if you read the instruction guide which is on their websites it says to submit a residency obligation proof irrespective of the number of days you've lived in Canada.... It's a bit of a grey area because of the way they've structured the Sentence in the checklist document buti've researched other forums and most people have advised adding a document as proof.

Tonia62

May 18, 2021
If you read it carefully after the first sentence it says please refer to Appendix A of the instruction guide for documents required and if you read the instruction guide which is on their websites it says to submit a residency obligation proof irrespective of the number of days you've lived in Canada.... It's a bit of a grey area because of the way they've structured the Sentence in the checklist document buti've researched other forums and most people have advised adding a document as proof.
That applies only if you've been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more in the 5 years, otherwise it's not necessary to submit proof. This didn't apply to my mom when she submitted her application and she didn't submit anything extra. She got her PR card.

Reactions: YVR123

Jennnn11

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-12-2020
Did you guys get any updates? Had the same experience too