+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online outland application-unsure of information received

Nyash

Jun 8, 2022
Hi there!
I am a Jan'22 outland applicant for spousal PR. We have heard crickets since we submitted our application online nearly 5 months ago now. As you can imagine we are not even able to track our app without an AoR.
We finally contacted the local MP and this is where we are unsure of the information we are getting. I thought the MP's office asks for a consent form to access our information from the IRCC. This never happened for us. The MPs aide contacted the IRCC over the phone with our UCI numbers and said sponsorship is being assessed and AOR will follow SA....which seems contradictory to everything we have seen (viz, first AOR and then rest?). The aide was very sincere and eager to help, so I do not feel like doubting what they said, but perhaps the agent they spoke to may have told them so?
Any insight into this from the forum is appreciated!

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Hey. I was on a similar boat where there was no info about the online app submitted. The representative that I hired also wasn't able to check the application status. Contacted the MP and they got a reply from IRCC. After 5 business days, we got an email from IRCC which I posted on the forum and they said it's an AOR.

So let's hope that since the MP has reached out you should be hearing something soon.

Reactions: Nyash and armoured

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hi there!
I am a Jan'22 outland applicant for spousal PR. We have heard crickets since we submitted our application online nearly 5 months ago now. As you can imagine we are not even able to track our app without an AoR.
We finally contacted the local MP and this is where we are unsure of the information we are getting. I thought the MP's office asks for a consent form to access our information from the IRCC. This never happened for us. The MPs aide contacted the IRCC over the phone with our UCI numbers and said sponsorship is being assessed and AOR will follow SA....which seems contradictory to everything we have seen (viz, first AOR and then rest?). The aide was very sincere and eager to help, so I do not feel like doubting what they said, but perhaps the agent they spoke to may have told them so?
Any insight into this from the forum is appreciated!
My MP has contacted IRCC on my behalf a few different times, and I never signed any sort of consent form. The AOR is often first, but not always, and there's no rhyme, reason, or order to a lot of the IRCC information and letters you'll receive.

Reactions: Nyash

Nyash

Jun 8, 2022
Hey. I was on a similar boat where there was no info about the online app submitted. The representative that I hired also wasn't able to check the application status. Contacted the MP and they got a reply from IRCC. After 5 business days, we got an email from IRCC which I posted on the forum and they said it's an AOR.

So let's hope that since the MP has reached out you should be hearing something soon.
Thank you so much for sharing this! It does give us some hope in what has been a very frustrating wait