+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Masters Course from Canadian University to increase score

link2ashish81

Apr 12, 2020
Hi

I have a Bachelors of Education (B.A. honors) and my current score is reaching 440. I am thinking of enrolling for a Masters Online course from any canadian university to increase my score. I can also do a masters course from India which will be much cheaper.
Will it give me any advantage if i chose any canadian university over an indian university. Any insight will be much appreciated.

regards
A

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I have a Bachelors of Education (B.A. honors) and my current score is reaching 440. I am thinking of enrolling for a Masters Online course from any canadian university to increase my score. I can also do a masters course from India which will be much cheaper.
Will it give me any advantage if i chose any canadian university over an indian university. Any insight will be much appreciated.

regards
A
Tqking an online course will not count as Canadian education when it comes to CRS points.

link2ashish81

Apr 12, 2020
Tqking an online course will not count as Canadian education when it comes to CRS points.
Hey... thanks for your response... this is exactly what i was looking for... Now, i have a situation, i am 38 years old with a 4 year engineering degree and my wife is 35 with 3 years graduation.. i read that if you have a 4 year degree then an additional 1 year of education can better my score but i am already 38... for my wife she is younger but has only 3 years of graduation .... would you suggest who should go for a higher education, me or my wife and how much difference a masters will bring to our score...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey... thanks for your response... this is exactly what i was looking for... Now, i have a situation, i am 38 years old with a 4 year engineering degree and my wife is 35 with 3 years graduation.. i read that if you have a 4 year degree then an additional 1 year of education can better my score but i am already 38... for my wife she is younger but has only 3 years of graduation .... would you suggest who should go for a higher education, me or my wife and how much difference a masters will bring to our score...
You need to do some research or hire a consultant. You will have to look at various scenarios and what options you have to eventually qualify for PR if either of you pursue more education. CRS score for FSW is over 470 at the moment. You should also be looking at whether it makes sense for your family to immigrate especially if you have a good career and lifestyle at the moment. It can be much harder to immigrate at your ages for various reasons. You are likely looking at a few years until you can attempt to apply for PR. Would add to teach in Canada you have to be licensed by the province. Depending on the province that may require further education. There is also a surplus of teachers in many areas of Canada so getting a full-time teaching job may take years.