+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online (distant) learning Masters evaluation by WES

Yazan9

May 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm want to apply for an online masters degree in City, University of London; the program is a total of 180 accredited hours and can be completed within 1-5 years. Details to the program can be found from here.

My questions is: will it be evaluated by WES as an equivalent to a Canadian masters degree to increase my point to express entry?

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
100% ECA will be master's in Canada. All the best.

Yazan9

May 11, 2021
100% ECA will be master's in Canada. All the best.
Thank you Mona, you have made my day! :)

Is it possible to share with me any details regarding the online learning and/or City, University of London that you might have about this?

WES are a bit vague on this one and their assessment tool doesn't include neither online learning nor city, universioty of london (although they have Unieversity of London not "city").. not to mention it's almost impossible to reach out to WES via email to confirm any details which is very frustraiting.

Thank you again for your help!

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm want to apply for an online masters degree in City, University of London; the program is a total of 180 accredited hours and can be completed within 1-5 years. Details to the program can be found from here.

My questions is: will it be evaluated by WES as an equivalent to a Canadian masters degree to increase my point to express entry?
Are you intending this course for CRS only ?
Where are you located?

Yazan9

May 11, 2021
Where are you located?
I live in Jordan, and immigration isn't the only reason for doing this, however, this path is the shortest and the most financially feasible to increase my score and get a masters.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
I live in Jordan, and immigration isn't the only reason for doing this, however, this path is the shortest and the most financially feasible to increase my score and get a masters.
No idea about City University
Pm sent :p
GL

Last edited:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Where are you located?
The detailed credential of the whole course is required to see if it's equivalent. The topics covered in each semester is the basic criteria and the credits allotted to it. Also the credits that is required by the final Thesis to award the final degree is significant. WES compares it to the similar course in Canada to check the similarity. "Most" online courses from UK have not been awarded Canadian equivalent masters by WES, but a full time education at the university campus does and it's 100% guaranteed. I hold a Masters from London btw