+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online courses/Distance learning

NinaNinaNina

Jan 3, 2020
Hi
I am an international student. I am a Master's student. 6 out of 11 courses of my program were online.(I should mention that I have studied at a university not a college). Do you think I might face a problem when I want to apply for PGWP/PR or citizenship?
Has anyone had an experience regarding being asked if they have passed online courses during their programs?

It is urgent to know.

Jan 11, 2020
you are not eligible for PGWP. after February 2019, the CPC-E officer checks the transcript and university transcript URL to confirm online courses. the problem is only for PGW. Your options are LMIA or marriage with citizen/PR

NinaNinaNina

Jan 3, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
The point is that it is not mentioned if courses are online or not in the transcript.
what do u mean by transcript URL?

Jan 11, 2020
every program needs government approval. the transcript shows codes for different programs. If the officer wants, he can get all the details about the courses from the central system. It is designed to crack down fake courses. It completely depends on the officer to go into details or not. But the bottom line is as per your post, you seem not eligible for the PGWP. I read at few places, students got away with it but since February 2019, it is getting tougher and officers following complaints they received from others for online courses. IRCC taking the complaints seriously and not giving any PGWP for those who took such distance learning programs. you should check with the students who received PGWP after February 2019 for a similar program.

NinaNinaNina

Jan 3, 2020
The point is that my program is a Master’s program which is not necessarily called a distance learning!!
How are they going to understand if the courses are online!!! is there anyway to understand this? Because it is not mentioned in the transcript, & every semester the format of offering courses change!
I think they might ask me to tell them if the courses were online or not! Is there any other ways to find out?!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The point is that my program is a Master’s program which is not necessarily called a distance learning!!
How are they going to understand if the courses are online!!! is there anyway to understand this? Because it is not mentioned in the transcript, & every semester the format of offering courses change!
I think they might ask me to tell them if the courses were online or not! Is there any other ways to find out?!
The fact that it is a Master's doesn't mean it isn't distance learning. They can easily find out from the school.

As you've been told, you don't qualify for a PGWP.

NinaNinaNina

Jan 3, 2020
so you mean that they are going to contact my university to find it out? Is that correct?
Except contacting school, are there any ways? (Do they have access to my personal school portal for example?)

Jan 11, 2020
so you mean that they are going to contact my university to find it out? Is that correct?
Except contacting school, are there any ways? (Do they have access to my personal school portal for example?)
They don't reveal details or tell what they are going to do. It is students responsibility to take the courses as per IRCC guidelines. IRCC is allowed to access to the university portal. You better prepare for all the possibilities and alternatives options. If you are lucky enough, officer might not check anything. Talk to recent graduates from your university who took the same program