+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online course for next two intakes

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Well I have spoke to my friend in Canada he said that they are facing a second wave and there won’t be any in-person class for next 2 intakes. More over I have spoke with my counsellor at IDP even they said Canada is unlikely to open boarders anytime near and online classes going to take place for next two intakes.
By next two intakes, do you mean September 2020 and February 2021, or February 2021 and September 2021?

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Well, as far as I know they issue visas at least in some countries.
I personally do not mind studying remotely for 2-3 months.

However, assuming that the borders are closed once again and we end up studying 100% remotely without stepping in Canadian soil, then I am worried if we will be able to apply to pgwp.. According to the letter which I received, we should be fine.

But still worried!!

Capricorn11

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Well, as far as I know they issue visas at least in some countries.
I personally do not mind studying remotely for 2-3 months.

However, assuming that the borders are closed once again and we end up studying 100% remotely without stepping in Canadian soil, then I am worried if we will be able to apply to pgwp.. According to the letter which I received, we should be fine.

But still worried!!
and I am more concerned about employment after completing all the courses remotely. I am sure they will allow students for Jan as long as they have letter from college/ university and could explain the network and bandwidth issue in home country that's how many students have already entered Canada tho there entire class was moved online

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
and I am more concerned about employment after completing all the courses remotely. I am sure they will allow students for Jan as long as they have letter from college/ university and could explain the network and bandwidth issue in home country that's how many students have already entered Canada tho there entire class was moved online
If you mean "pgwp" by employment, that is also what I am worried about.

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
But as far I know many students who were approved before March 18 regardless of their class is entirely online have reached Canada without facing any issue so they might allow international students
You are the only positive thinking one I have heard from here.... hopefully they will allow us to access before Jan, cause my next semester will delivered in hybrid format... sigh..

ozzyess

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
By the way, anyone has an idea what this clause means: "
  • complete up to 50% of your program online (until April 30, 2021) if you complete the other 50% of your program in Canada
Does that mean you have to be in Canada (regardless of the place or province) while studying remotely? Or does it mean that you have to be on the campus?