+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
i just finished my online citizenship test and passed it.While reading the instructions for the test i guess i messed up it says “no external sources should be used” including but not limited to internet, notes and copy of the book. So I thought i can use my notesDuring the test i looked into my notes even though they didn’t help me at all. My question is would my test results be “invalid”. Does officer constantly watch you through the camera if we were using notes?

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
i just finished my online citizenship test and passed it.While reading the instructions for the test i guess i messed up it says “no external sources should be used” including but not limited to internet, notes and copy of the book. So I thought i can use my notesDuring the test i looked into my notes even though they didn’t help me at all. My question is would my test results be “invalid”. Does officer constantly watch you through the camera if we were using notes?
The officer will review your test and let you know if it’s invalid and yes they can see what you were doing during the test because they video record you.

Reactions: Naaz kaur

Naaz kaur

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
The officer will review your test and let you know if it’s invalid and yes they can see what you were doing during the test because they video record you.
Ohh that’s a bummer. I waited so long I submitted my application in November 2019, and they started working on my application in FEB, 2020. Any idea within how many weeks they would get back to you or when i can call them to confirm my results? My case processing centre is VANCOUVER. Even though i live in ONTARIO :/

CorvusGlaive

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Ohh that’s a bummer. I waited so long I submitted my application in November 2019, and they started working on my application in FEB, 2020. Any idea within how many weeks they would get back to you or when i can call them to confirm my results? My case processing centre is VANCOUVER. Even though i live in ONTARIO :/
No timeline guarantee from CIC (that’s how they are ). You can give them a call in couple weeks to confirm. Hopefully everything would be okay. Good luck to you!

polarburr

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
22-11-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
29-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2015
LANDED..........
09-03-2016
My wife completed the citizenship test today and passed. Before the exam, I was fixing the webcam and had the devices manager opened. During the exam, approximately halfway through it, my wife noticed this other window still open and tried to immediately close it prompting a message saying something like "oops looks like you're opening a new tab.." Has anyone had the same experience where they inadvertently opened a different window? I am hoping IRCC is able to get information like which window was being opened so they are able to tell that there was no intention of cheating.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Incorrect. No video is recorded. Pictures are taken through the webcam at random times during the test.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html#monitor

How the system will monitor you
Our system will use your webcam to take your photo at random times during the test. It will not record any audio or video.

We do this to

• make sure you complete the test by yourself
  • confirm your identity
  • monitor any unusual activities
To confirm your identity, we’ll compare the

• photo you took of yourself
  • photos we randomly took while you completed the test
  • photos you submitted in your citizenship application
I have responded to the OPs question here.

Mitchigail

Aug 28, 2013

When did you apply for your citizenship application? After receiving your AOR how many months for you to wait for them to schedule your online citizenship test? Thanks

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
My wife completed the citizenship test today and passed. Before the exam, I was fixing the webcam and had the devices manager opened. During the exam, approximately halfway through it, my wife noticed this other window still open and tried to immediately close it prompting a message saying something like "oops looks like you're opening a new tab.." Has anyone had the same experience where they inadvertently opened a different window? I am hoping IRCC is able to get information like which window was being opened so they are able to tell that there was no intention of cheating.

hi there! wondering if there were any issues from your wife getting that message? curious if they suspected cheating in your case
i just wrote my test and got that message bc i clicked to close a tab for half a second, hoping it isnt an issue

AKT

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
hi there! wondering if there were any issues from your wife getting that message? curious if they suspected cheating in your case
i just wrote my test and got that message bc i clicked to close a tab for half a second, hoping it isnt an issue
was that an issue for you? I just clicked on a pop up to close it for 1 second and got the same message "oops looks like you're opening a new tab ". though passed the test in the end but not sure if they would deem it invalid

jhimvineet

Sep 4, 2018
was that an issue for you? I just clicked on a pop up to close it for 1 second and got the same message "oops looks like you're opening a new tab ". though passed the test in the end but not sure if they would deem it invalid
Hi
Please share update

Dulce0304

Mar 26, 2023
hi, I took my test yesterday and have problem with my camera. The computer has 2 cámara one in the front and one in the back. When I start the test I couldn’t see my self beacuse the camera was facing opposite. I tried to fix it but I couldn’t. After 4 minutes couldn’t do nothing. So I sat on front of bid mirror and took the test like that, because I was very nervous my leg keep moving and the cámara sometimes face my leg I was fixing it all the time, but I don’t know if I the test will be invalid after this. My score was 16/20. Please answer

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
hi, I took my test yesterday and have problem with my camera. The computer has 2 cámara one in the front and one in the back. When I start the test I couldn’t see my self beacuse the camera was facing opposite. I tried to fix it but I couldn’t. After 4 minutes couldn’t do nothing. So I sat on front of bid mirror and took the test like that, because I was very nervous my leg keep moving and the cámara sometimes face my leg I was fixing it all the time, but I don’t know if I the test will be invalid after this. My score was 16/20. Please answer
If the test results go through and ID needs to be revalidated by IRCC usually you will get an email from them to provide a clear scan copy of the ID. Usually you can expect such an email in just after few days

Dulce0304

Mar 26, 2023
If the test results go through and ID needs to be revalidated by IRCC usually you will get an email from them to provide a clear scan copy of the ID. Usually you can expect such an email in just after few days
The ID where ok. It was the front cámara that didn’t work on the test and I had used a mirror.