AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
Congratulations!

Im also about to take the test. I have a few questions.

1. From the sound of it, it seems that you receive your results right away (at least know if you have passed or not?).
2. How did you prepare for the test, did you just go through the study guide, or have you done through other test materials/ questions.
3. Do you turn your laptop camera on throughout the test, aka, how do they make sure that you are not cheating.

Many thanks,
1 - yes after completing the test they till you your score but they precise that it is not 100% official until the officer reviews it and confirm all is good and you didnt cheat!
2- I studied from the guide and used a website citizenshipsupport! very good plenty of questions for each chapter and it covers almost everything!
3- yes your camera is on all the time and is recording the whole time of the test! I am not sure if there is audio or not as they didnt ask for microphone! could someone confirm please? just make sure that your camera is indeed recording or the test will be invalidated

Reactions: little_sunshine123

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
1 - yes after completing the test they till you your score but they precise that it is not 100% official until the officer reviews it and confirm all is good and you didnt cheat!
2- I studied from the guide and used a website citizenshipsupport! very good plenty of questions for each chapter and it covers almost everything!
3- yes your camera is on all the time and is recording the whole time of the test! I am not sure if there is audio or not as they didnt ask for microphone! could someone confirm please? just make sure that your camera is indeed recording or the test will be invalidated
According to IRCC they are not recording video or audio. Instead they are taking random photos during the test. How often these pics are taken is unknown, but they are pretty straightforward with NOT recording video/audio during the test

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
According to IRCC they are not recording video or audio. Instead they are taking random photos during the test. How often these pics are taken is unknown, but they are pretty straightforward with NOT recording video/audio during the test
ohh yeah are you sure? could you please send me the source of this info I always understood that they record the whole test and the officer will review the recording for the whole period

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Reactions: djshshajtm

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Sorry I have another question.

If I prefer to change my last name to my husband’s, when should I do it(before/after oath)?

Also, as I am not planning to leave Canada/ be back to my hometown anytime, can I just do all the documents in Canada?

Thanks.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
ohh yeah are you sure? could you please send me the source of this info I always understood that they record the whole test and the officer will review the recording for the whole period
Read the manual...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html
How the system will monitor you
Our system will use your webcam to take your photo at random times during the test. It will not record any audio or video.

We do this to

• make sure you complete the test by yourself
  • confirm your identity
  • monitor any unusual activities

Reactions: little_sunshine123

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
Thanks so much for the detailed answer, they are really helpful!

I see, so they are using the webcam to take the photos (of you). I guess since they don't ask you to share your screen, hence not taking videos/ photos of your screen. I guess they dont know if you are googling for the answers.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Thanks so much for the detailed answer, they are really helpful!

I see, so they are using the webcam to take the photos (of you). I guess since they don't ask you to share your screen, hence not taking videos/ photos of your screen. I guess they dont know if you are googling for the answers.
That is also in the rules. Spend 10 minutes. Good read. Not stealing others' time ;)

Reactions: bellaluna

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021

Just did my test, got 18/20.
Didn't read the book, only did various mock tests about 10-15 times. In hindsight, I should have read the book 2-3 times.
Anyhow, Good luck y'all.
Can't wait to finish this 10 year journey...
Congratulations!

There seem to be a lot of these mock tests available, which ones did you find to be most useful? Thanks.

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
Read the manual...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/before.html
How the system will monitor you
Our system will use your webcam to take your photo at random times during the test. It will not record any audio or video.

We do this to

• make sure you complete the test by yourself
  • confirm your identity
  • monitor any unusual activities
yes thanks I missed this part sorry always though they will be recording the person so dodnt pay attention to this one! anyways tganks again noww the waiting game begins for the DM!

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Sorry I have another question.

If I prefer to change my last name to my husband’s, when should I do it(before/after oath)?

Also, as I am not planning to leave Canada/ be back to my hometown anytime, can I just do all the documents in Canada?

Thanks.
You will need to do this after your oath ceremony as your citizenship certificate will have the same name as you used when you landed. This is what I was told by IRCC. They use your original name.

j87

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
You will need to do this after your oath ceremony as your citizenship certificate will have the same name as you used when you landed. This is what I was told by IRCC. They use your original name.
Do you know if I can just do the name changing in Canada? Thanks!