Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
Citizenship Application: Single | Location: Edmonton, AB | Physical Presence on citizenship application day: 1,110 days
Application Sent: Mar 16, 2020 | Application Delivered: Mar 20, 2020 (Signed: Covid-19)
AOR: Aug 19, 2020
ECAS: In Process: Sep 01, 2020
Online Citizenship Test Invite: Dec 29, 2020 | Online Citizenship Test: Jan 3, 2021 (Unofficial Score: 18/20)
Email for interview received: Jan 21, 2021
Interview date: Feb 3, 2021
Documents asked: Multiple travel-related documents
Fingerprints Request: None | Fingerprints Done: None
ECAS: Decision Made: Feb 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony Email: Feb 15, 2021 | Online Oath Ceremony: Feb 24, 2021

Became Canadian Citizen on 24 Feb 2021. Citizenship certificate expected in about 2-4 weeks
Thank you IRCC. Thank you Canada!

Good luck to all of you; may your process complete soon! Best wishes to all!

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Citizenship Application: Single | Location: Edmonton, AB | Physical Presence on citizenship application day: 1,110 days
Application Sent: Mar 16, 2020 | Application Delivered: Mar 20, 2020 (Signed: Covid-19)
AOR: Aug 19, 2020
ECAS: In Process: Sep 01, 2020
Online Citizenship Test Invite: Dec 29, 2020 | Online Citizenship Test: Jan 3, 2021 (Unofficial Score: 18/20)
Email for interview received: Jan 21, 2021
Interview date: Feb 3, 2021
Documents asked: Multiple travel-related documents
Fingerprints Request: None | Fingerprints Done: None
ECAS: Decision Made: Feb 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony Email: Feb 15, 2021 | Online Oath Ceremony: Feb 24, 2021

Became Canadian Citizen on 24 Feb 2021. Citizenship certificate expected in about 2-4 weeks
Thank you IRCC. Thank you Canada!

Good luck to all of you; may your process complete soon! Best wishes to all!
CONGRATULATIONS !! i congratulate you as well on your pristine timeline ... its like there hasn't been any covid lockdowns in AB and everyone was working normally there .. just perfect

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Still waiting on a user to receive IRCC's online tests & oaths data.

If IRCC is able to overcome the issues which are preventing them from achieving their online infrastructure's full potential, then we may potentially have half of the 2020 applicants complete the process by year end. The online platform allows IRCC to forgo physical constraints and enable for larger mass invites than otherwise. Further, with the population-wide vaccine access promised by September, we may see invites ramped up as more and more IRCC workers head back to office.

IRCC has likely already proactively completed the processing stage for Jan 2020 applicants up to around March 2020 (lower end estimate) OR up to around June 2020 (higher end estimate).

What about the numbers?

There are around 300k applicants in all of 2020. Tack on approximately 60k applicants remaining from 2019. Therefore, the total pending applications are around 360k. Further, from Jan 2020 to June 2020, we will have around 150k applicants (I made a whole post previously on where I got these numbers from).

There are also 252 working days this year - removing Jan & Feb, it leaves us with 214 days.

If IRCC averages 1k oath & test invites per working day, they will cover 214k applicants. These applicants include the 60k from 2019 & the remaining 154k from Jan 2020 to June 2020. Now that is 1k test invites per DAY. Prior to COVID, IRCC was averaging half of this with their physical testing and oath set up.

The optimist in me can see IRCC pull off 1k invites per day - potentially even more when workers head back to office. The pessimist in me feels IRCC will be satisfied with the old average and thus we would only barely see any 2020 applicants complete the process by this year. The realist in me awaits hard data, as it is then when we will figure out the serious estimate.
Good one.

Just a couple of pointers -

Though the number might be small, it might be best to set aside a number of applicants who do not need the test (children under 18 and people over 54).

The second one is this => Not everyone's application is routine. When the application goes into non-routine processing with additional BG / Residency checks, these applications are not a part of the 12 month window anyway. This is unfortunate but this is the truth. This number is unknown but from what I have seen, this number is significant. For discussion about people receiving their test/oath within 12 month timeframe, I think we can exclude these non-routine applications.

So, if we are talking about the number of applicants that might receive their tests in a span of 12 months, then considering the above scenarios would give us a more accurate estimate.

The problem is that we don't exactly know the split (if someone has this info, please post it here). I'll probably raise another ATIP request later this year to see if I can get these numbers and we can crunch them together.

I expect to see a rise in the number of test invites in the next couple of months. They can't hang on to this pilot-program story for too long. How long are they going to keep mentioning the program is in pilot when the number of applicants tested have far surpassed the number planned for the pilot project.

I'm very worried about the oath ceremonies though - Unless they significantly increase the frequency AND the number of applicants per ceremony, this is going to cause a bottleneck.

We might see an answer to the question of how they are planning to handle the backlog for both test and oath in the ATIP request I have submitted to IRCC already. The document should arrive in March.

Last edited:
Reactions: his*marty and BOYX

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Good one.

Just a couple of pointers -

Though the number might be small, it might be best to set aside a number of applicants who do not need the test (children under 18 and people over 54).

The second one is this => Not everyone's application is routine. When the application goes into non-routine processing with additional BG / Residency checks, these applications are not a part of the 12 month window anyway. This is unfortunate but this is the truth. This number is unknown but from what I have seen, this number is significant. For discussion about people receiving their test/oath within 12 month timeframe, I think we can exclude these non-routine applications.

So, if we are talking about the number of applicants that might receive their tests in a span of 12 months, then considering the above scenarios would give us a more accurate estimate.

The problem is that we don't exactly know the split (if someone has this info, please post it here). I'll probably raise another ATIP request later this year to see if I can get these numbers and we can crunch them together.

I expect to see a rise in the number of test invites in the next couple of months. They can't hang on to this pilot-program story for too long. How long are they going to keep mentioning the program is in pilot when the number of applicants tested have far surpassed the number planned for the pilot project.
Q: "How long are they going to keep mentioning the program is in pilot"
A: Until the pilot dies or the spaceship crashes ;)

Lumiere

Jun 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SIN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Request
11-01-2016
Med's Done....
18-01-2016
Passport Req..
12-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2016
LANDED..........
06-2016
My wife did citizenship test on 29th jan 2021.she failed her first test 14/20.we were thinking that she will get another test date but today feb 10 she got an email about her interview which would be on 23rd of feb .I am bit confused did she actually passed the test or after interview she need to give another test.also if someone can help what questions can be ask in interview
Could you please share the online interview experience with details related to your wife's case ?

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Not really. I've received invites twice (Once before COVID hits and once online) and never received a call. Just an email with "Notice to Appear".
I was going to ask the same question cause my friend just told me on the phone he received a phone call and email as well. Maybe depends on the immigration office they proceed differently. what do you think? thanks.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I was going to ask the same question cause my friend just told me on the phone he received a phone call and email as well. Maybe depends on the immigration office they proceed differently. what do you think? thanks.
It’s possible that it comes both ways. My office is Scarborough and the only communication was all via email.

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
It’s possible that it comes both ways. My office is Scarborough and the only communication was all via email.
i'm from Scarborough location.
i Did my test on 7th Feb 2021 and to most SHOCKING Surprise happened today, when i called CIC, agent mentioned that the file is not recorded the result and it is showing as "RESCHEDULED".
i am confused now, does anyone has this new experience.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
i'm from Scarborough location.
i Did my test on 7th Feb 2021 and to most SHOCKING Surprise happened today, when i called CIC, agent mentioned that the file is not recorded the result and it is showing as "RESCHEDULED".
i am confused now, does anyone has this new experience.
That is... very messed up and unfortunate. I'm very sorry to hear. I submitted the test just 6 days ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'll wait a bit more before I call them.

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
That is... very messed up and unfortunate. I'm very sorry to hear. I submitted the test just 6 days ago and haven't heard anything yet. I'll wait a bit more before I call them.
i have raised a webform with my result as an attached PDF. The only thing i can do now.