Doc's Request.
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Please share your online interview experience if anyone can my wife will have interview 23 feb .

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Please share your online interview experience if anyone can my wife will have interview 23 feb .
Interview content is classified as they state that on the letter. You cannot reveal anything that is being discussed, have your support papers as they state on the invite. That's all you need to worry about.

Reactions: his*marty

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I did test on 23 January (Scarborough) and I spoke to an customer representative on phone a while ago.

Per conversation, no one has touched my file. Since my fingerprints are expiring soon, I was advised to send a webform asking for a status. So I did! I asked a very tight lipped question asking for status and specifically when I will get an Oath invite. I am on a right rope, either I will get an invite within a week or my file will go back to the pile of dust once they send me a new fingerprint request.

I mean, it is what it is......voila?

Every case is different, and so is every officer. Let's see what comes next.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I did test on 23 January (Scarborough) and I spoke to an customer representative on phone a while ago.

Per conversation, no one has touched my file. Since my fingerprints are expiring soon, I was advised to send a webform asking for a status. So I did! I asked a very tight lipped question asking for status and specifically when I will get an Oath invite. I am on a right rope, either I will get an invite within a week or my file will go back to the pile of dust once they send me a new fingerprint request.

God protect us all. :confused:
The way the whole thing is organized gives me anxiety. Anyone can end up waiting for 2 years or more just because an officer thought so. I really hope it won't be your case.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
God protect us all. :confused:
The way the whole thing is organized gives me anxiety. Anyone can end up waiting for 2 years or more just because an officer thought so. I really hope it won't be your case.
Indeed ! The applicant's recourse is to effectively use a webform, and use it when it is needed the most. I pre-empted this and decided to take action rather than hopelessly logging to Ecas 5,000 times a day.

Honestly, If I didnt had a fingerprint issue, I would have kept quiet and stayed low to wait and watch. However, I have decided to go proactive. I articulated my question around status and not on fingerprints, however , technically if they need a valid fingerprint to move on, then let's get on with it now than getting a fingerprint request 6 months down the line. My preemptive message also draws attention that they have a window to put me on next Oath ceremony (reducing backlog) or keep the backlog :).

I would want to better manage 10% of the game which I can control rather than not taking any action. For the rest, I should be the one waiting and watching.

A note to everyone who is doing online test and have received a fingerprint request in past:

Make sure that you follow up via webform after a week to 10 days of the test. If the test date is closer to the fingerpint expiry, there is a high probability that officer may not be able to complete the file in time to issue an Oath invite and that could trigger a second fingerprint request. So better raise flags via webform early so to get fingerprints sooner than later. My theory is that the file will be looked at it again whenever the (first or second) fingerprints are received, so that may give way for the Oath invite.

Should I get a second fingerprint request, my line of action would be:

Send scanned copy of fingerprint to them via webform (that's what I did first time, got 2 copies one addressed to IRCC and second to myself. IRCC confirmed receipt of my fingerpint twice one web form reply and other from Vancouver office) as *mails take time, and then the internal dispatch of documents*. Again, that will be an opportunity to remind again if my file can be put into the next Oath ceremony.

Last edited:

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area

This made me kinda nervous that my file may have been forgotten as well, so I decided to call IRCC just now. I basically asked if there has been any updates since I wrote my test on Jan 4 and added a point that it's quite strange that some applicants who wrote their test around the same time as I did had their status changed to DM or oath ceremonies while I had not heard back at all. He looked into my file and confirmed that the results for the second set of fingerprints received about a month ago were clear, and that the test result was officially a pass. I was also assured that as of now there is nothing to be done on my side and that the officer is working on my file as there was recent updates to my file. Honestly, I wish IRCC would be more transparent in updating their applicants... I guess I am somewhat relieved to hear these updates at least. Now I know my application is not somewhere in a pile of forgotten applications lol

Oh, and I was surprised to get connected to an agent that's actually helpful for the first time. If I waited over an hour just to hear another generic answer, I might have blown up this time haha

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
someone opened a thread under the name "petition on citizenship backlog" ... the thread is now deleted to reasons to me seem unknown.
If someone could please shed a light and explain why the thread on the that topic was deleted, i would be grateful to them.
is it that no one should talk about the delays experienced with the process? , specially after reading in the news that "citizenship is at the least priority as we do not receive complains from them".

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
someone opened a thread under the name "petition on citizenship backlog" ... the thread is now deleted to reasons to me seem unknown.
If someone could please shed a light and explain why the thread on the that topic was deleted, i would be grateful to them.
is it that no one should talk about the delays experienced with the process? , specially after reading in the news that "citizenship is at the least priority as we do not receive complains from them".
Probably because the last thread that was started turned into people personally attacking anyone with a dissenting opinion, unfounded attacks on the IRCC and their employees, psuedo-lawyers going on and on about various rules and laws they clearly don’t understand, ego stoking over perceived actions which actually gardened more negative publicity and did nothing to actually help the situation, people complaining because they seem to think that it shouldn’t take more than 6 months for a country to allow people to become citizens, and people not understanding that while their stress and problems are very real to them they do not constitute a nation emergence that would allow the federal government to suspend the requirements of applying for citizenship.

The reality is this, before the shutdown there was no online pipeline for the citizenship process. The IRCC had to deal with writing one from scratch that would meet all security/legal requirements (which is a much higher level than school testing) all while having to figure out how to have the entire workforce work from home or at a massively decrease onsite presence. They then needed to test the system to make sure it ran smoothly so it could handle tens of thousands of applications with multiple variables. Somehow people seem to think this should take a few months.

Something like this would usually take at least a year with a dedicated team working on it. They were able fo do this in about 9 months during a pandemic. Currently, they are finishing up the pilot program which started with 5000 people. By all accounts, it went well and they are getting ready to gear up and increase the number of invites.

But, hey, this is just my opinion and I’m sure others will disagree.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Probably because the last thread that was started turned into people personally attacking anyone with a dissenting opinion, unfounded attacks on the IRCC and their employees, psuedo-lawyers going on and on about various rules and laws they clearly don’t understand, ego stoking over perceived actions which actually gardened more negative publicity and did nothing to actually help the situation, people complaining because they seem to think that it shouldn’t take more than 6 months for a country to allow people to become citizens, and people not understanding that while their stress and problems are very real to them they do not constitute a nation emergence that would allow the federal government to suspend the requirements of applying for citizenship.

The reality is this, before the shutdown there was no online pipeline for the citizenship process. The IRCC had to deal with writing one from scratch that would meet all security/legal requirements (which is a much higher level than school testing) all while having to figure out how to have the entire workforce work from home or at a massively decrease onsite presence. They then needed to test the system to make sure it ran smoothly so it could handle tens of thousands of applications with multiple variables. Somehow people seem to think this should take a few months.

Something like this would usually take at least a year with a dedicated team working on it. They were able fo do this in about 9 months during a pandemic. Currently, they are finishing up the pilot program which started with 5000 people. By all accounts, it went well and they are getting ready to gear up and increase the number of invites.

But, hey, this is just my opinion and I’m sure others will disagree.
Thank you very much, really appreciate your explanation.. as i actually clicked on the thread to find it deleted, seems that i missed alot of action :D

well.. the delays are reasonable, no one should expect to have his citizenship in a similar timeline as pre covid.
Its the total halt of the tests is the issue, if only 10 people were allowed to do a paper test, people would feel there is a bit of progress in the process and could wait in line for their turn (there are much less vital operations allowed to operate with a larger number of people indoors)..

Distancing for paper tests could be arranged, and precautions with sanitizing documents could be done .... its the unexplained halt without any updates on the testing process is what got people to feel thrown around and disrespected imo...

its not an easy time for anyone ... there are people waiting a lifetime for some good news, which seems to be delayed without any clear reason or progress .

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I totally agree. I am March 2019 applicant and still waiting for.test invite and some ppl who applied in September and October 2019 from my area have already taken tests.
Check the Facebook groups so many 2020 applicants are getting test invites.. also seeing a lot of October 2019 applicants getting invites last week.. I don’t think people care about the tracker anymore.. when they get an invite they just move on :) can’t blame them

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Check the Facebook groups so many 2020 applicants are getting test invites.. also seeing a lot of October 2019 applicants getting invites last week.. I don’t think people care about the tracker anymore.. when they get an invite they just move on :) can’t blame them
Can you please share the name of the group ? (Since links will be automatically deleted in the forum)

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Do you think the citizenship certificate of two persons in the same application are sent together or are they sent separately?

My wife received her Certificate after 13 days of Oath but my minor son has not. they both have the same application number and their status changed to complete on the same day.

Anyone who has received the citizenship certificate separately rather than together?