+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Maybe then they tested the online test successfully (the "Pilot") and now they have to test if the online test would work in a real-life situation... I am being ironic...
I often give the advice of not calling IRCC if possible. People at those call centers are trained to give the same exact answers to everyone. At the end it will frustate you even more.
I dont envy them either, it looks like a very pathetic job.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
I check this forum though my phone and can't see timelines/signatures. Anyway I think we pre September 2019 ppl are In a limbo. Most of the ppl who received test invites are ppl who applied after September 2019. Don't understand the reason why.
Myself for example is a person you are looking for. I sent my application in Feb 2019 or sometime around there and was invited to take an online test in Jan 2021.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Yes, it changed to complete and I got my certificate 6 days after the oath. So, took my oath on a Friday morning and got it on the following Thursday.
Good to know and congratulation on the journey to be over. I hope we get ours soon.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Myself for example is a person you are looking for. I sent my application in Feb 2019 or sometime around there and was invited to take an online test in Jan 2021.
I often have the impression that the Pilot favored post september 2019 applicants. It does not mean that earlier applicants did not receive online test invites, but there is a concentration of post september 2019 in that lot so far....

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I often have the impression that the Pilot favored post september 2019 applicants. It does not mean that earlier applicants did not receive online test invites, but there is a concentration of post september 2019 in that lot so far....
And I agree. It was perhaps a quick win as security checks would have been valid and there was enough cushion to complete process for post Sept 2019 applicants before expiry of those checks.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
That may be true seeing a fair amount of 2020 applicants getting test invites. If they strictly follow the chronological order of applications being received/acknowledged, I believe we would not see many of 2020 applicants. But at this point, without the insight from IRCC, who knows what they are doing..

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
That may be true seeing a fair amount of 2020 applicants getting test invites. If they strictly follow the chronological order of applications being received/acknowledged, I believe we would not see many of 2020 applicants. But at this point, without the insight from IRCC, who knows what they are doing..
I am seeing nearly none of the 2020 applicants who received test invites according to the tracker. Where did you get that feeling - because I really wish you are correct lol

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
And I agree. It was perhaps a quick win as security checks would have been valid and there was enough cushion to complete process for post Sept 2019 applicants before expiry of those checks.
I totally agree. I am March 2019 applicant and still waiting for.test invite and some ppl who applied in September and October 2019 from my area have already taken tests.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
I am seeing nearly none of the 2020 applicants who received test invites according to the tracker. Where did you get that feeling - because I really wish you are correct lol
Right. My comment was purely based on my memory seeing posts in the past month or so. I may be wrong, but I had an impression some of those who were invited to an online test were 2020 applicants. Take that as a grain of salt though as I can't even rely on my memory all the time lol sorry in advance if I misled anyone by my comment.

Reactions: adey786

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Right. My comment was purely based on my memory seeing posts in the past month or so. I may be wrong, but I had an impression some of those who were invited to an online test were 2020 applicants. Take that as a grain of salt though as I can't even rely on my memory all the time lol sorry in advance if I misled anyone by my comment.
IIRC, some of the 2020 applicants on the forum got the invites through urgent processing.

Reactions: his*marty

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
That is an assumption based on an outcome bias. I am a September applicant. I had March 17th for testing and it was cancelled on the 14th (the saturday); and right now I am waiting to be called for the online testing. For what I know, every office send their processes for online testing request (centralized office) and basically after that you are on queue. These types of testing are not proctored at real time, but they will monitored and verified later. But it means that they cannot send inifinite online testing requests.

I contacted them through the local office by email and by phone and the answer is always the same. The online testing is a pilot program, be patient, eventually everbody will be called.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Hi any reference quiz for online test? Thanks in advance.

Quick question: me and my child (under 6 years old) applied together for citizenship.

Today, I received my citizenship online test. That mean, after I got citizenship, my child who is under 6 years old will get citizenship automatically? We applied together in the same envelope. Thanks and let me know.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi any reference quiz for online test? Thanks in advance.

Quick question: me and my child (under 6 years old) applied together for citizenship.

Today, I received my citizenship online test. That mean, after I got citizenship, my child who is under 6 years old will get citizenship automatically? We applied together in the same envelope. Thanks and let me know.
Search this forum for the quizzes. Very popular topic. Or just Google "Canadian Citizenship test preparation" you'll get a good couple of dozens of them. All are more or less equal.
Yes, you kiddo should get Cship together with you if and when you take the Oath (not been there yet, but from what I read). Good luck!