NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
When did you apply?
Sorry for asking is my timeline not visible in the signature.

Application received 28June 2019
Aor 6th Sep 2019
Processing 22 Oct 2019
FP 1 was requested 1st Nov 2019
FP 2 was requested 12th Nov 2020

Waiting and losing excitement for getting Canadian citizenship.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Sorry for asking is my timeline not visible in the signature.

Application received 28June 2019
Aor 6th Sep 2019
Processing 22 Oct 2019
FP 1 was requested 1st Nov 2019
FP 2 was requested 12th Nov 2020

Waiting and losing excitement for getting Canadian citizenship.
I check this forum though my phone and can't see timelines/signatures. Anyway I think we pre September 2019 ppl are In a limbo. Most of the ppl who received test invites are ppl who applied after September 2019. Don't understand the reason why.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I check this forum though my phone and can't see timelines/signatures. Anyway I think we pre September 2019 ppl are In a limbo. Most of the ppl who received test invites are ppl who applied after September 2019. Don't understand the reason why.
Not true, a bunch of people got them who applied before then. You have to check the month threads.

Reactions: his*marty

miq

Oct 1, 2010
The wait is painful for everyone! Just hang in there and live your life as is....it will come through eventually..
VERY TRUE . IRCC VERY UNEFFICENT ORGANISATION. THEY ARE GOOD ONLY IN COPY PAISTING ROUTINE REPLIES BY AGENTS. MY CITIZENSHIP VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS CALL CANCELLED ON 11TH FEB 2020 AND NEVER RESCHEDUALED. EXACTLY ONE YEAR HAS GON NOW. EVERY TIME SAME COPY PAIST ANSWERS OF COVID 19. AND NOW PR CARD RENEWAL IS ON DECISSION MADE SINCE 19TH NOV 2020. EVERY TIME CUT AND PAIST ANSWER IS " YOU PR CARD APPROVRD AND SENT TO LOCAL OFFICE FOR IN PERSON DELIVRRY " . MY QUESTION IS HOW LONG IRCC WILL TAKE SHELTER OF COVID 19?

Last edited:

Sweetcandyyy

Feb 7, 2021
Hello all, what the difference between online and in person test? One with interview, one without?
I am considering if I receive email invitation about online test should I take it. Thanks in advance!

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
What if the photo id is not clear during the citizenship test. Will that be treated as disqualification of exam.
  • Just recollected that I took photo sit back in chair instead of moving close to webcam.
    Any advice

Andrey236

Nov 5, 2016
You should raise a web form and let IRCC know that your test was cancelled so they can send you a test invite. Do let us know what was the response from IRCC.

Good luck.
I called them last Thursday
they didn't tell me anything new
In process
Wait

Reactions: adey786

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
@ AshesNdust Did your Ecas changed to complete? Any guess how long it going to receive the certificate?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Maybe some goodness https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/02/05/ottawa-will-continue-online-citizenship-tests-after-success-of-pilot-program.html

when I called IRCC 2 weeks ago they said online tests are not for everyone as it’s a pilot program still and only some applicants are selected(as stated on their website) this article came out this weekend and looks like tests are expanding to all?
That isn't 100% clear from the article, actually - they specifically dodged making that statement outright by saying that it was an unprecedented success and then tempered expectations by categorically saying that 'the system is still being assessed' which is to indicate that they're not done with the pilot program, which means continued restricted invites (albeit beyond the original pilot goal, but at very restricted capacity) until they deem the pilot concluded and plan for general availability.

Ottawa’s groundbreaking virtual citizenship exam pilot program has exceeded its target intake, and more online tests will be scheduled.

Since the exam was launched virtually at the end of November, more than 6,700 applicants have taken the test, surpassing the initial target of 5,000, according to Asim Zaidan of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
“This has been successful thus far. At this point, the new testing platform is still being assessed,” said Zaidan.
Having said that, when the floodgates do open, I imagine that early 2020 applicants should be cleared out a lot faster as it moves towards March 2020 and beyond.

The only way this growing backlog gets cleared (in my eyes) is a joint approach of in-person testing and online testing, neither of whose timelines are known because of ongoing issues.

Especially the in-person testing piece, because it has external dependencies (vaccination drive status, which is currently in the doldrums, and likely legislation that once vaccinations are open to the public, will make it so you either need to show proof of vaccination to sit for the exam in-person at a facility). I am skeptical that the online testing route alone has the capability to remove the backlog entirely without 100% automation on their side.

Reactions: Flandernss

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
That isn't 100% clear from the article, actually - they specifically dodged making that statement outright by saying that it was an unprecedented success and then tempered expectations by categorically saying that 'the system is still being assessed' which is to indicate that they're not done with the pilot program, which means continued restricted invites (albeit beyond the original pilot goal, but at very restricted capacity) until they deem the pilot concluded and plan for general availability.

Having said that, when the floodgates do open, I imagine that early 2020 applicants should be cleared out a lot faster as it moves towards March 2020 and beyond.

The only way this growing backlog gets cleared (in my eyes) is a joint approach of in-person testing and online testing, neither of whose timelines are known because of ongoing issues.

Especially the in-person testing piece, because it has external dependencies (vaccination drive status, which is currently in the doldrums, and likely legislation that once vaccinations are open to the public, will make it so you either need to show proof of vaccination to sit for the exam in-person at a facility). I am skeptical that the online testing route alone has the capability to remove the backlog entirely without 100% automation on their side.
In person testing is possible. I ve done some exams not too long ago with Transport Canada. I had a computer, wore a mask trought the entire test and got my results right away. Those exams were billions times more complicated than the citizenship exam. I am pretty sure people who have done exams for their driver's license got the same experience.
Either some people are not motivated to work or they are not motivated to grant citizenship to people. I think it is both... ‍♂

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

I liked reading your analysis and I somewhat agrees to your thoguhts.

We all have been stumbled with the thought that automation of citizenship test will fast track citizenship applications. Perhaps we were seeing a light (Online Oaths) at the end of tunnel.

Yes, it was a quick win for IRCC to automate the citizenship test process. We are not out of the woods yet. 6,700 out of circa 130,000 (85k applicant pending test number was given last April - So in about a years time there would be easily another 40-50k new applicants added to the pool) applicants is a very small number to even think about clearing the backlog.

Actually taking online Oath is more onerous administrative process than citizenship test. Unlike citizenship test, Oath requires more resources, planning.

I am thinking loudly, but some of the steps could be : completing final steps on the file, getting approvals from the 'boss' as there would be approval process in place, since there is a group Oath, Oath planner will have to add enough Oath ready candidates to the list. Even on day of Oath, IRCC will need additional resources to review identity of applicants, interviews. And post Oath management would include review of Oath declaration form, printing of Certificates of Citizenship and courier to the citizens. Now just imagine how onerous it is to manage this process virtually. The good news is that IRCC already has a workflow in place as they have been administering Oaths since middle of last year. Having said that, IRCC capacity to manage large number of Oaths is severely limited !!!!! Based on my reading on forum and discussion with friends who took Oath, each virtual session has as many as 25-35 candidates. Fact: IRCC adminstered 50,000 Oath in 8,000 ceremonies. Again, virtual Oatha will not be clearing the backlog in a very very long time.

All I am saying is that administering Oath virtually is more hassle than administering a citizenship test. Lets assume that flood opens and 60-75% population waiting for test do receive a test invite, there will be another large pool of applicants waiting for Oath.

Last edited:

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Maybe some goodness https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/02/05/ottawa-will-continue-online-citizenship-tests-after-success-of-pilot-program.html

when I called IRCC 2 weeks ago they said online tests are not for everyone as it’s a pilot program still and only some applicants are selected(as stated on their website) this article came out this weekend and looks like tests are expanding to all?
Maybe then they tested the online test successfully (the "Pilot") and now they have to test if the online test would work in a real-life situation... I am being ironic...