+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
My VO is Vancouver. I'm a July 2019 applicant and still waiting for an online test invite. I spoke to IRCC the other day, and the agent actually told me that, based on the submission date of my application, I'm in middle of the pack of applicants as ther

Do you mean that you've never received an online test invite? I'm a July 2019 applicant and I haven't received an invitation to take an online test too. IRCC are apparently working on some applications from 2018.
It is useful to contact them through a call because i tried through web form and they did not reply me (Reply supposed to be within 2-5 business days) , just knowing status of my application

stevenliang

Mar 19, 2019
yes, I am really disappointed for this as I was really looking forward to this - becoming a Canadian with a roomful of people and then celebrating with family and friends. That said, I doubt they will have any in person ceremonies this year and I am not waiting another full year to become a Canadian. :/ Although, I'm sure if you were willing to wait for that it's a possibility. Just know, that you may be waiting until well into 2022.
I agree that may take another year to have in person ceremony back. But there's no reason for the rush as travelling is restricted. Getting a passport means not much at the moment.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Do you think that the new COVID 19 restrictions in Ontario would stop the online test invitations in the province?
Thanks,
No, because I did my online test and our province has been in code red lockdown for 3 months.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I agree that may take another year to have in person ceremony back. But there's no reason for the rush as travelling is restricted. Getting a passport means not much at the moment.
If you have no reason to need to travel in the next year, I don't see why you couldn't wait. I can't afford that time as my husband lives in North Africa and he is going to Qatar for work... there may be a situation where I go to join him in Qatar while we wait for sponsorship and I cannot afford to wait a year.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Do you think that the new COVID 19 restrictions in Ontario would stop the online test invitations in the province?
Thanks,
Online tests in Ontario have been pretty slow and almost non existent anyway

stevenliang

Mar 19, 2019
If you have no reason to need to travel in the next year, I don't see why you couldn't wait. I can't afford that time as my husband lives in North Africa and he is going to Qatar for work... there may be a situation where I go to join him in Qatar while we wait for sponsorship and I cannot afford to wait a year.
Did your status change to Decision Made?

miq

Oct 1, 2010
1. citizenship application submitted 4th April 2019.
test invitation cancelled on 11feb 2020. because candidate age was above 55 age
waiting for interview.
waiting for interview call since then
2. applied for pr renew on 3rd sep 2020. on status of decission made since 20th November 2020. when I asked ircc they say your pr card approved . wait for pick up.
waiting since then .
reasone ircc giving since then is we are operating with reduced staff.
in the consequence what is the effect on mental , physical, economical, family health of candidate?who is responsible for this loss. pl comment.

Reactions: i-sore

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
waiting for interview.
2. applied for pr renew on 3rd sep 2020. on status of decission made since 20th November 2020. when I asked ircc they say your pr card approved . wait for pick up.
waiting since then .
in the consequence what is the effect on mental , physical, economical, family health of candidate?who is responsible for this loss. pl comment.
Unfortunately, the blame is only placed on Covid. I am in a lot of spousal sponsorship groups and the pain and suffering is becoming unbearable for people. I know myself I haven't seen my husband in over 9 months and I don't know when I will be able to see him again. :(

miq

Oct 1, 2010
waiting for interview.
waiting since then .
if you have one day job in back home and your pr card expired. ircc agent very easily suggest apply for travelling document when you reach home.
they don't know the reality on ground . which is like this.
when you reach home =15 days quarantine
apply and wait for travelling document +2 months.
apply for airline booking and vaccination about 15 days
when you reach canada 2 weeks quarantine.
if you are lucky you are at your work after about 4 months just to compleat one day work. hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: his*marty

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone here got additional documents request before/after online test invitation? If so and if you have submitted your docs via email, have you heard back?

miq

Oct 1, 2010
Unfortunately, the blame is only placed on Covid. I am in a lot of spousal sponsorship groups and the pain and suffering is becoming unbearable for people. I know myself I haven't seen my husband in over 9 months and I don't know when I will be able to see him again. :(
similar with me i could not see my wife she stuck back home since last one year .flights cancelled because of covid. her pr date expired . agent suggested apply for travelling document. when applied ircc office back home they cancelled her pr reason not enough days .with out realising flight cancellations. here a lawer told me you could enter from land border with out travelling document and then fight your case. if had you not applied prtd at back home.

• Sad
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
similar with me i could not see my wife she stuck back home since last one year .flights cancelled because of covid. her pr date expired . agent suggested apply for travelling document. when applied ircc office back home they cancelled her pr reason not enough days .with out realising flight cancellations. here a lawer told me you could enter from land border with out travelling document and then fight your case. if had you not applied prtd at back home.
Oh, this is a most stressful situation. My husband is not a Canadian PR, so the situation is different - definitely yours requires more legal assistance as her PR lapsed. It's so hard to be without your partner during these times.

Reactions: i-sore