+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you @rajkamalmohanram for your reply.

Q1. Is the 5 year eligibility period starts from the date of becoming PR to the date of application or anything else.
For example, if one becomes PR in April 2016 and applies to citizenship on April 2020. For Health history the time period is from April 2016 to April 2020. or it should be for 5 years. (I mean April 2015 to April 2020). I know, it doesn't make sense, as the applicant was not in Canada during Apr 2015 to April 2016. But eligibility period during application is 5 years, right?

or April 2016 to till date. (4 years 10 months), will this work.

The eligibility period is a constant. 5 years from the date you signed your citizenship application. So it should be from April 2015 to April 2020. Yes, I know it doesn't make sense if you became a PR recently (in 2017, for example) and you are requesting medical records for before your time here but in case the officer requests a record like that, then it is better that you have it.

Q2. Is the "Limited Personal Claims History" sufficient.

Should be fine.

Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. I greatly appreciate.

Reactions: visa_4all

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Thank you for your reply. After getting the test invite, I was so excited and thought I am almost at the finish line.. but with the request for additional documents, seems like the journey and the anxiety that comes with it... are far from over...
Well, the good news, is that a few people who have sent in the additional documents after taking the test got invited to the oath very quickly. The only extra document that seems to take a lot of time getting are the health summaries and those are easy to request, it’s just filling out a one page form, and waiting to get them in the mail. So, at least it’s not dealing with getting background checks or more tests. Hang in there, you’re almost there!

xxmaine

Jul 11, 2012
For the people who took the test I noticed when I took the pr card photo it’s a bit blurry and I’m worried the office won’t be able to verify the details on my card. I even bought the latest the webcam. Would that trigger an interview? Thanks everyone.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
For the people who took the test I noticed when I took the pr card photo it’s a bit blurry and I’m worried the office won’t be able to verify the details on my card. I even bought the latest the webcam. Would that trigger an interview? Thanks everyone.
Yeah, I have the same worry. I could not get it in focus unless it was too far to actually read the text on it. To make it even more annoying, it was reflecting the computer screen on it. I tried turning the lights up and down and could never get it 100% clean. You can read the card text, but was definitely a bit blurry. So, I’m hoping that they are giving a bit of leeway on this as long as they can see the picture. They do have the scans from passports and any other picture ID that was jncluded with the application. That might be enough if they can clearly see that you match the photos you sent in as well as the picture on the ID. That would actually be more of a security check then a card a person is physically holding.
I think there are a lot of bugs like this that need to be worked out. Another one is the signature on the ID. The PR cards don’t have them, but they did say on twitter it was fine, but they really need to update this on the website and the email they send for the test.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Yeah, I have the same worry. I could not get it in focus unless it was too far to actually read the text on it. To make it even more annoying, it was reflecting the computer screen on it. I tried turning the lights up and down and could never get it 100% clean. You can read the card text, but was definitely a bit blurry. So, I’m hoping that they are giving a bit of leeway on this as long as they can see the picture. They do have the scans from passports and any other picture ID that was jncluded with the application. That might be enough if they can clearly see that you match the photos you sent in as well as the picture on the ID. That would actually be more of a security check then a card a person is physically holding.
I think there are a lot of bugs like this that need to be worked out. Another one is the signature on the ID. The PR cards don’t have them, but they did say on twitter it was fine, but they really need to update this on the website and the email they send for the test.
I had the same issue and it was soooo tricky to centre it with the webcam because you go left, the card goes right and it's hard to hold straight. lol

Reactions: itwillbegood

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
Question: when a citizenship application is in ECAS process, does that mean the file is in my local IRCC branch? Why do the Government make us mail the applications over to Sydney, NS, and then back at our local IRCC office? I don't get it.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I had the same issue and it was soooo tricky to centre it with the webcam because you go left, the card goes right and it's hard to hold straight. lol
Congrats on passing! Yes, trying to center it without being behind it was a nightmare. I am stressed out that I couldn’t make it 100% sharp, but there wasn’t much I could do. I think I redid the picture about 8 times.
Other people said they heard back about 2 weeks after they took the test. So, hopefully, we’ll all hear back very soon.

xxmaine

Jul 11, 2012
Congrats on passing! Yes, trying to center it without being behind it was a nightmare. I am stressed out that I couldn’t make it 100% sharp, but there wasn’t much I could do. I think I redid the picture about 8 times.
Other people said they heard back about 2 weeks after they took the test. So, hopefully, we’ll all hear back very soon.
Hopefully everything goes well. And we can hear back in two weeks time.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Hello
Me and my wife passed online citizenship test on 13th Dec and Application status changed to DECISION MADE on 27th dec.I did not got any email for oath ceremony ..is there anyone experiencing the same ?
Congratulations on passing the test! May I ask when did you apply? Just to understand where has the cic reached with the test invites...thanks

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I don't see the online test invites updated in the application trackers. Do we have this info on a sheet to see who is getting the invites? It might help us understand the rate of these invites and have an approximation timeline (very rough though)

Thoughts?

Reactions: itwillbegood