+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Balkrishna123

Jan 1, 2021
Hello
Me and my wife passed online citizenship test on 13th Dec and Application status changed to DECISION MADE on 27th dec.I did not got any email for oath ceremony ..is there anyone experiencing the same ?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello
Me and my wife passed online citizenship test on 13th Dec and Application status changed to DECISION MADE on 27th dec.I did not got any email for oath ceremony ..is there anyone experiencing the same ?
Congratulations, did you or your wife gets any e-mail asking to provide more documents after the test ?

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
For the photo id portion, they state that you can use your PR card but also state that it must have a signature. My PR card does not have a signature, so is it invalid? Anyone else use their PR card with no sig?

Signatures have not been issued on PR cards for ages now so its a confusing requirement.
You can use the driver's license instead. It has a signature
If you don't have a Driver's license, get yourself a Govt issued ID from the nearest Registry. Takes about a week from the date you ask for it

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
For the photo id portion, they state that you can use your PR card but also state that it must have a signature. My PR card does not have a signature, so is it invalid? Anyone else use their PR card with no sig?

Signatures have not been issued on PR cards for ages now so its a confusing requirement.
You can use your PR card even though it does not contain signature. See this:

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received my AOR and I still ordered my provincial health claims summary from Ontario.

The reason why you should immediately order it is because your eligibility period is a constant and it doesn't change. So far, the health claims summary is being asked for either the entirety of your eligibility period OR between the date you became PR and the date you submitted your citizenship application.

There is no reason I see for you to not order your provincial health claims summary right away for the entirety of your eligibility period. This will cover you as you are very likely to receive a request to submit documents for the periods I discussed above. In case they ask for a different period, you can order again but it is unlikely that they will ask you to submit health claims outside your eligibility period.
Hello

This Ontario Health Link says that the most relevant one is "Limited Personal Claims History" for IRCC purposes.

"Note: The Limited Personal Claims History is often requested as documentation for Canadian Immigration (CIC), Canadian Pension Plan, and Work Place Insurance Board. It contains less personal health information than the complete report."

Questions:
1. I want to know, I should apply for the eligibility period or the date from I became PR, which one is more relevant. Can we request both.

2. If IRCC asks for documents, is there any instance where they request only passport copies , but not health history.

3. Note: All passport stamps and entries, including visas and permits, must be translated in English or French. This includes any entries that fall outside of the period listed above. -- Does this include the Visas/ Stamps become becoming PR.

Thank you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello

This Ontario Health Link says that the most relevant one is "Limited Personal Claims History" for IRCC purposes.

"Note: The Limited Personal Claims History is often requested as documentation for Canadian Immigration (CIC), Canadian Pension Plan, and Work Place Insurance Board. It contains less personal health information than the complete report."

Questions:
1. I want to know, I should apply for the eligibility period or the date from I became PR, which one is more relevant. Can we request both.

2. If IRCC asks for documents, is there any instance where they request only passport copies , but not health history.

3. Note: All passport stamps and entries, including visas and permits, must be translated in English or French. This includes any entries that fall outside of the period listed above. -- Does this include the Visas/ Stamps become becoming PR.

Thank you
1. Officer wont be needing outside of eligibility period as it wont help for the application. So you can request any period but it should cover the eligibility period to send it to the officer.
2. Who knows on what the officer will ask. Till now they send the standard template which includes all those docs. Its not hard to request health history hence i dont see a problem in just getting the health history ahead and keep it ready.
3. They ask for all pages of passport. How would you segregate which pages are used for particular years if its stamped in non-english/french and officers cant identify which pages are used during this period. So keep all the pages translated for all the passports fall in the eligibility period.

Reactions: visa_4all

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

Questions:

Why would you need 2 reports??? If you order for a report from the start of your 5 year eligibility period till the day you applied for citizenship AND you became a PR within the last 5 years, this report should cover both scenarios, correct?

The document request email that people are getting is pretty standard. I would recommend getting your documents in order in advance, just in case you are asked for documents. You wouldn't want to waste more time.

Well, that's what 'outside the period listed above' means. Any and all stamps in your passport should be translated irrespective of when the trip was taken.

Thank you

Reactions: visa_4all

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Anyone knows why some people are getting additional document request after their online test vs some others who are not getting it?

Also, has anyone heard back from IRCC after submitting the docs?

Last edited:

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Anyone knows why some people are getting additional document request after their online test vs some others who are not getting it?

Also, has anyone heard back from IRCC after submitting the docs?
We haven’t been able to figure that out yet. So far, some people have gotten the extra documents request right after receiving the inline test invite, some have gotten the request a few days after taking the test, and others have never gotten the request.

The current theories that I’ve seen, that make sense to me, are:

1. If there’s a discrepancy between the dates that you have left and entered Canadian On your application and what the government has on record.

2. There is no longer an interview taking place, so this is the IRCC is double checking documents.

I haven’t gotten any requests yet and took my test last Saturday. It’s only been a week for me and that included a holiday. So, it is too early to tell with me.

I’ll update once I either get the request, somehow don’t get the test validated, or just skip to the oath part.

Reactions: canvisa13

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you @rajkamalmohanram for your reply.

Q1. Is the 5 year eligibility period starts from the date of becoming PR to the date of application or anything else.
For example, if one becomes PR in April 2016 and applies to citizenship on April 2020. For Health history the time period is from April 2016 to April 2020. or it should be for 5 years. (I mean April 2015 to April 2020). I know, it doesn't make sense, as the applicant was not in Canada during Apr 2015 to April 2016. But eligibility period during application is 5 years, right?

or April 2016 to till date. (4 years 10 months), will this work.

Q2. Is the "Limited Personal Claims History" sufficient.

Thank you again for your wonderful suggestions. I greatly appreciate.

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
We haven’t been able to figure that out yet. So far, some people have gotten the extra documents request right after receiving the inline test invite, some have gotten the request a few days after taking the test, and others have never gotten the request.

The current theories that I’ve seen, that make sense to me, are:

1. If there’s a discrepancy between the dates that you have left and entered Canadian On your application and what the government has on record.

2. There is no longer an interview taking place, so this is the IRCC is double checking documents.

I haven’t gotten any requests yet and took my test last Saturday. It’s only been a week for me and that included a holiday. So, it is too early to tell with me.

I’ll update once I either get the request, somehow don’t get the test validated, or just skip to the oath part.
Thank you for your reply. After getting the test invite, I was so excited and thought I am almost at the finish line.. but with the request for additional documents, seems like the journey and the anxiety that comes with it... are far from over...

Reactions: his*marty