+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you for the above links - I'm not sure about the info in the link you provided @rajkamalmohanram but it states and surely I wouldn't be contacting all the various places?:

Where are my medical records located and how can they be accessed?
In Manitoba, there is no central location where all of an individual’s medical records are located. Records are generally maintained by the trustee that created the information.

If you are seeking to examine or receive a copy of medical records about care or treatment you received from a health care facility, including a hospital, public or private medical clinic, community health centre or personal care home, you must make your request for access directly to that facility.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for the above links - I'm not sure about the info in the link you provided @rajkamalmohanram but it states and surely I wouldn't be contacting all the various places?:

Where are my medical records located and how can they be accessed?
In Manitoba, there is no central location where all of an individual’s medical records are located. Records are generally maintained by the trustee that created the information.

If you are seeking to examine or receive a copy of medical records about care or treatment you received from a health care facility, including a hospital, public or private medical clinic, community health centre or personal care home, you must make your request for access directly to that facility.
That's weird because right below that wall of text, I see this :

Accessing Your Information
How can I obtain a copy of some or all of my personal health information collected and maintained by the department?

Requests for copies of personal health information collected and maintained by the department must be submitted directly to the department using the following form:

PHI Access Request Form
Fax: 204-945-1020
Legislative Unit
Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living
1051-300 Carlton Street, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3M9
Direct inquiries to (204) 788-6612

How long will it take to get my information?
Trustees are required by PHIA to respond to access requests as promptly as required in the circumstances but not later than:

• 24 hours if the individual is an in-patient in a hospital and the information is about health care currently being provided (for examination only),
  • 72 hours if the individual is not an in-patient in a hospital and the information is about health care currently being provided, and
  • within 30 days in any other case, unless the request is transferred to another trustee.
Access requests submitted to any branch of Manitoba Health, Seniors and Active Living are normally responded to as promptly as required in the circumstances but not later than 30 days, unless the request is transferred to another trustee.
I believe you'll have to fill out that form and fax it to the number given there. You'll get your records within 30 days. At least that is my understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: his*marty

cssa

Feb 19, 2018
I have few questions regarding the citizenship application
1. I have taken an online degree based in us[UT Austin], what address do I mention in Q11 of the application? I lived in Vancouver at that time
2. In Q11 whenever I was unemployed do I mention the address I lived at that point of time as the address?
3. I worked as a freelancer for a 3 days in a company I have written [Self employed-Name of the comapany-Address NA, City Vancouver, Canada], Is this acceptable? I don't know the address of the startup.

For Q9 and Q10
I was an international student in Canada before this 5 year eligibility period, do I include this Date your status was obtained/effective in Q9?
Do I include the starting date[from section] from which I lived in an address [ie before 5 year eligibility period in the address section for Q11] because I spent a portion of the 5 year eligibility period in the same address?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
You mentioned the email requesting more documents tends to come soon after the test is taken. But I think it was also mentioned the Oath tends to come quite swiftly after the online test.

Aren't both information contradictory?

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
You mentioned the email requesting more documents tends to come soon after the test is taken. But I think it was also mentioned the Oath tends to come quite swiftly after the online test.

Aren't both information contradictory?
Could be ;
-not everyone gets the request for extra documents email
or ,
-some had docs handy and mailed them as soon as they got the request . ,

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Could be ;
-not everyone gets the request for extra documents email
or ,
-some had docs handy and mailed them as soon as they got the request . ,
Yup, that's the truth. That is why I suggest keeping ALL the documents that apply to you from that list ready and when you get the email, you can immediately reply with all the documents and that will speed up the process and avoid further delays.

Test invite > Complete Test > Document request > Submit all documents ASAP > Oath invite in 3 -5 working days

Test Invite > Complete Test > Oath Invite in a few days

Some people get invite sooner, some later but with the cases I noticed, this has been how they've been doing business.

Reactions: itwillbegood

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Wow, I am in love with IRCC now. 3-5 business days... Amazing.
We haven't seen a LOT of these LOL, so I wouldn't be very excited. The few cases I have seen have been like this.

I believe in the first quarter of 2021, we'll see some quick progress. IRCC would have been able to gauge the efficiency of the online tests by then and I wouldn't be surprised if I noticed bulk test invites sent out starting late Jan / early Feb. I am not sure about the oath invites though, not sure if there is a high limit that IRCC has set per ceremony.

June applicants have been getting IP lately. I expect majority of the June and July applications to go into IP in Jan; August and September applications in Feb (probably even in Late Jan if they work expeditiously).

If everything goes smoothly, I can see the spreads between Application received and AOR, AOR to IP to go down to pre-covid levels by mid-2021. After that, I expect the spreads between IP and Test (this might take some time for recovery), Test and Oath to go down significantly for a larger number of applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOYX, Das67 and EUK

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Yup, that's the truth. That is why I suggest keeping ALL the documents that apply to you from that list ready and when you get the email, you can immediately reply with all the documents and that will speed up the process and avoid further delays.

Test invite > Complete Test > Document request > Submit all documents ASAP > Oath invite in 3 -5 working days

Test Invite > Complete Test > Oath Invite in a few days

Some people get invite sooner, some later but with the cases I noticed, this has been how they've been doing business.
It makes some sense though.... because, if I can trust my memory, the Citizenship Act requires that you are a Permanent Resident in good standing (including physical presence) at the moment of the OATH. So they have to hurry up having the Oath right after the documents phase (aka "interview") is done.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I expect the spreads between IP and Test (this might take some time for recovery), Test and Oath to go down significantly for a larger number of applicants.
I think that gap between IP and Test will be shorten sooner than gap between Test and Oath since test can be sent to mass but not oath i guess (since the last 6 months they havent cleared 2019 test finished files even though they finished test before mar). So I doubt that they have some issues/bottleneck of some kind to execute online oath efficiently.
It makes some sense though.... because, if I can trust my memory, the Citizenship Act requires that you are a Permanent Resident in good standing (including physical presence) at the moment of the OATH. So they have to hurry up having the Oath right after the documents phase (aka "interview") is done.
They dont have any kind of obligation or intent to hurry up as "being on PR status" is the obligation of the candidate, not the CIC's.
There was never a time when cic was hurrying up for giving citizenship as its not the visitor/investor visa to boost income via tourism/investment. Its "the citizenship" for which they take their own time to verify(not talking about usual cic delay or pandemic delay by officers) hence they dont hurry for any reason.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think that gap between IP and Test will be shorten sooner than gap between Test and Oath since test can be sent to mass but not oath i guess (since the last 6 months they havent cleared 2019 test finished files even though they finished test before mar). So I doubt that they have some issues/bottleneck of some kind to execute online oath efficiently.
Yeah, I agree. Bringing down the number of people waiting for oath might take a while unless they manage to organize several oath ceremonies a day with a large number of applicants per ceremony.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
While it is true that you have to be a Permanent Resident in good standing up until the time you take the oath, IRCC isn't responsible if the applicants aren't. You can't claim that you weren't able to maintain residence because IRCC took too long to process the application.

Also, the service standard of 12 months applies to 80% of the total applicants. However, IRCC failed to meet this standard during 2019 - 2020 by a HUGE margin. They processed only 65% of the applicants within the standard processing time of 12 months.

Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards.html

Citizenship applications
The citizenship program includes citizenship grant applications and Right of Citizenship. The Right of Citizenship is part of the citizenship grant process.

The service standards are only for applications with complete information and supporting documents.

Citizenship grant applications – Adults & Minors
  • Our service standard: process applications within 12 months
  • Our target: meet the standard for at least 80% of submitted applications
  • Our performance in 2019-2020: processed 65% of applications within the standard
We introduced this service standard in November 2015.
They don't have to provide any explanation as service standard is just a placeholder to measure performance. They are underperforming by a huge margin and given that we are in the midst of a pandemic, I'm not very surprised to see these stats.

Last edited:
Reactions: engray

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
1. Where are you guys getting the info regarding the current timelines between online tests and Oaths? It looks like our spreadsheet here has not been updated since April 2020, at least for August, June and July 2019.

2. I remember online Oath invitations seemed to have a reputation for expecting you to be ready for it almost overnight. Has it been the case?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
1. Where are you guys getting the info regarding the current timelines between online tests and Oaths? It looks like our spreadsheet here has not been updated since April 2020, at least for August, June and July 2019.

Forget 2020. At the moment, I have seen a couple of December 2019 applicants receive oath invites. More so on a citizenship group on Facebook, some November 2019 applicants have reported that they received test invites.

2. I remember online Oath invitations seemed to have a reputation for expecting you to be ready for it almost overnight. Has it been the case?

I don't recall it being that way at all. Usually, there is at least a week (at minimum) from the oath invitation to the actual ceremony. Even more in most cases. However, online ceremonies might be held at short notice, about a 3 - 4 days time I am assuming since you don't have to be physically present there.

Last edited: