+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys, I've got a question regarding the additional documents that IRCC might ask you to provide before/after the online test:

1. For the passport, from what I have read, they want all pages (even blank ones) of the passport. So , can I scan all 50 pages of my passport with my phone or should I go to the nearest print shop and tell them to scan all pages and email them to me ?
If I scan it by phone , it won't look scan-perfect of course ,as you might be able to see the surrounding.

2. For the provincial health claim summary , I have lived in Alberta on a work permit during before my PR time , it seems like the only way to request an Alberta health claim summary is by snailmail ? You cannot submit an online application ? Has anyone gotten one ?
The ontario one is online I think ?
(Also , I have actually never made any health claim in either AB or ON , despite having held health-cards from both those provinces , will this matter at all ?)

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I think most applicants now get oath invite directly after the test without interview or receive a document request.

What is interesting here is that the applicants receive their oath invites soon after (in a couple of days) they submit their documents. I think the documents are being asked for following process and I am starting to think that this is replacing the interview. The purpose of the interview, at least the main purpose, was to verify physical presence by checking stamps on passport and to verify identity. Now, the documents that are being asked after the test are the documents that verify physical presence and they verify identity as well. I believe that these documents are kept on file and might be checked at a later date to ensure compliance (random QA checks probably).

They are sending oath invites soon after they submit documents which suggests that they are just glancing at the documents that are provided and if they can't see anything out of the ordinary there, they are just passing the application to the next stage.

Once you complete the test, you might get the additional documents request. I strongly recommend that you start collecting documents and keep them ready in case you get the request to avoid further delay. Based on how things are going, you might get a test invite soon after you submit those documents.
I think that’s an excellent theory on the documents replacing the interview.
Most of the documents are easy for me. I don’t have a ROE because I’ve had the same job for my entire time. So, it’s just T4s and paystubs for me. Passport is an easy scan. No I94 as I’m American and no education docs needed.

The only one that is going to take time is the medical which I have zero control over as BC says it takes up to 6 weeks. The request form asks for specific dates. So, I’m a little hesitant to make a request until I get the email confirming the dates they are asking for as I don’t want to just assume it’s only for my full eligibility dates. I was hoping to get the email a day or so after the invite like a colleague of mine did.

I am wondering if I didn’t get the request yet because I’m American and I have a Nexus membership.

Reactions: keypad

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Most of the documents are easy for me. I don’t have a ROE because I’ve had the same job for my entire time. So, it’s just T4s and paystubs for me. Passport is an easy scan. No I94 as I’m American and no education docs needed.

The only one that is going to take time is the medical which I have zero control over as BC says it takes up to 6 weeks. The request form asks for specific dates. So, I’m a little hesitant to make a request until I get the email confirming the dates they are asking for as I don’t want to just assume it’s only for my full eligibility dates. I was hoping to get the email a day or so after the invite like a colleague of mine did.

I am wondering if I didn’t get the request yet because I’m American and I have a Nexus membership.

I just received my AOR and I still ordered my provincial health claims summary from Ontario.

The reason why you should immediately order it is because your eligibility period is a constant and it doesn't change. So far, the health claims summary is being asked for either the entirety of your eligibility period OR between the date you became PR and the date you submitted your citizenship application.

There is no reason I see for you to not order your provincial health claims summary right away for the entirety of your eligibility period. This will cover you as you are very likely to receive a request to submit documents for the periods I discussed above. In case they ask for a different period, you can order again but it is unlikely that they will ask you to submit health claims outside your eligibility period.

Reactions: Hapique

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
So I have an entry and exit stamp to Dubai which has arabic in it but entry/exit and dates are in english. So I assume I do not need translation for these. correct? They were from before I came to canada but we need to submit all stamps in the passport.

For employment record, I am working with same company since January 2017. Before that I worked couple of part time jobs from where it is very hard to get employment record. I worked at each for a month or so. So I really need to submit something from there?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So I have an entry and exit stamp to Dubai which has arabic in it but entry/exit and dates are in english. So I assume I do not need translation for these. correct? They were from before I came to canada but we need to submit all stamps in the passport.

Hmmm, this is a tricky one. I am not very sure here but I would go with the principle of better safe than sorry. Someone who had visited Dubai and had the same stamps can weigh in on this one.

For employment record, I am working with same company since January 2017. Before that I worked couple of part time jobs from where it is very hard to get employment record. I worked at each for a month or so. So I really need to submit something from there?

ROEs are stored by Service Canada, you don't need your employer to give it to you. Visit Service Canada website, create an account and you should find those there. There used to be a very easy way to access Service Canada account via your CRA login but when I checked yesterday, that options seems to have been disabled (and I hope temporarily).

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014

How did you scan every page of your passport ?
Did you go to the print/photocopy shop ?
Or did you use your phone ?
I dont have a scanner at home.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I just received my AOR and I still ordered my provincial health claims summary from Ontario.

The reason why you should immediately order it is because your eligibility period is a constant and it doesn't change. So far, the health claims summary is being asked for either the entirety of your eligibility period OR between the date you became PR and the date you submitted your citizenship application.

There is no reason I see for you to not order your provincial health claims summary right away for the entirety of your eligibility period. This will cover you as you are very likely to receive a request to submit documents for the periods I discussed above. In case they ask for a different period, you can order again but it is unlikely that they will ask you to submit health claims outside your eligibility period.
True, and a very good point. One question, it give the option of Medical History only or Medical History with diagnostic codes. Any idea which one is needed?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
How did you scan every page of your passport ?
Did you go to the print/photocopy shop ?
Or did you use your phone ?
I dont have a scanner at home.
I have a scanner at home. If you don’t, you can try a store like Staples, if they are in your area, and scan yourself.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
True, and a very good point. One question, it give the option of Medical History only or Medical History with diagnostic codes. Any idea which one is needed?
I think the former should be sufficient. They are just looking for the dates when you received medical care to ensure that you were in the province.

However, if you see the need to produce a more detailed report, then option 2 would be your choice.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
what if we've never been to the doctor the entire time we've been in canada ?
Well, so be it. You still have to submit the document. There are other documents in the list that will verify physical presence. In case you are requested for further documentation, then you might have to provide them.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Well, so be it. You still have to submit the document. There are other documents in the list that will verify physical presence. In case you are requested for further documentation, then you might have to provide them.

So we can choose which documents we can/want to submit from the list in the email then ?

For example we can skip the health summary documents and submit ROEs , Paystup, rental agreements, bank statements, I94.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017

Sounds like a good idea.

I will request mine now. Did youorder full personal claims history or limited personal claims history?