Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for your prompt reply! Yah, I am thinking of using the PR card.
It will be helpful for others if you can post your complete timeline.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
any idea how many have recieved virtual test invitations so far.
Not off hand, but when the IRCC announce the online test they said it would be a pilot program of 5000 invites. Then it would expand after that. My guess is they just want to make sure everything is working before sending out more.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Not off hand, but when the IRCC announce the online test they said it would be a pilot program of 5000 invites. Then it would expand after that. My guess is they just want to make sure everything is working before sending out more.
It is 5000 out of... how many were waiting test invites by March? Does anybody know?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Not sure of the numbers by March but as of September, there were about 85000 people waiting to take the citizenship test according to this source.
Yeah, that’s the last number I heard. There’s absolutely no way they‘d do even close to this number during the pilot program. It would be a nightmare if something broken down on tens of thousands of tests. So, 5000 is actually a pretty good test number. It’s big enough that they can see if the online test workflow will work, but not so big that if there are problems it’ll overwhelm them when they have to damage control.
The good news, is that if everything goes well they can ramp up pretty quickly. So, the backlog should ease much faster than it built up. I do remember reading that if things went fine with the December invites, a lot more will be sent out in January.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, that’s the last number I heard. There’s absolutely no way they‘d do even close to this number during the pilot program. It would be a nightmare if something broken down on tens of thousands of tests. So, 5000 is actually a pretty good test number. It’s big enough that they can see if the online test workflow will work, but not so big that if there are problems it’ll overwhelm them when they have to damage control.
The good news, is that if everything goes well they can ramp up pretty quickly. So, the backlog should ease much faster than it built up. I do remember reading that if things went fine with the December invites, a lot more will be sent out in January.
So far I haven't heard any issue with the online testing. I assume citizenship test backlog will be cleared quickly in early 2021 but not sure about the Oath and interview part...

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So far I haven't heard any issue with the online testing. I assume citizenship test backlog will be cleared quickly in early 2021 but not sure about the Oath and interview part...
Yeah, I agree. The spread between 'Application Received' and AOR dates AND between 'AOR' and 'IP' dates have decreased significantly lately. I believe that if all goes well, they should be able to quickly send out bulk invites for the test and decrease the existing backlog.

As for the virtual oath ceremonies, I don't know. I mean, they could definitely add more people to each session and start decreasing the backlog there but I am not sure if there are currently any restrictions in the number of applicants invited for virtual oath per session.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Yeah, I agree. The spread between 'Application Received' and AOR dates AND between 'AOR' and 'IP' dates have decreased significantly lately. I believe that if all goes well, they should be able to quickly send out bulk invites for the test and decrease the existing backlog.

As for the virtual oath ceremonies, I don't know. I mean, they could definitely add more people to each session and start decreasing the backlog there but I am not sure if there are currently any restrictions in the number of applicants invited for virtual oath per session.
If the programing side of the online test holds up, I can see that the main issue might be a bottleneck where the IRCC employees have to look at the images of people taking the test. Hopefully, they can burn through those quickly.
As for the interviews, some posters have said they took the test and then got an oath invite with no interview. So, if those are not mandatory, that would help speed things up quit a bit.
Once concern I do have is if everyone is asked for all those extra documents. That’s going to add time if they need to go through all of those.
So far, for me, I’ve just got the online test invite. I haven’t got the email requesting extra paperwork. I plan on taking the test in a few days. I’ll update what happens when I do.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yea could be. I saw some jobs posting at IRCC. Also, they should be some human resource availability resulting from the digitization of test.. So I am really confident that things will be much better in Q1 2021...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
If the programing side of the online test holds up, I can see that the main issue might be a bottleneck where the IRCC employees have to look at the images of people taking the test. Hopefully, they can burn through those quickly.
As for the interviews, some posters have said they took the test and then got an oath invite with no interview. So, if those are not mandatory, that would help speed things up quit a bit.
Once concern I do have is if everyone is asked for all those extra documents. That’s going to add time if they need to go through all of those.
So far, for me, I’ve just got the online test invite. I haven’t got the email requesting extra paperwork. I plan on taking the test in a few days. I’ll update what happens when I do.
I think most applicants now get oath invite directly after the test without interview or receive a document request.

What is interesting here is that the applicants receive their oath invites soon after (in a couple of days) they submit their documents. I think the documents are being asked for following process and I am starting to think that this is replacing the interview. The purpose of the interview, at least the main purpose, was to verify physical presence by checking stamps on passport and to verify identity. Now, the documents that are being asked after the test are the documents that verify physical presence and they verify identity as well. I believe that these documents are kept on file and might be checked at a later date to ensure compliance (random QA checks probably).

They are sending oath invites soon after they submit documents which suggests that they are just glancing at the documents that are provided and if they can't see anything out of the ordinary there, they are just passing the application to the next stage.

Once you complete the test, you might get the additional documents request. I strongly recommend that you start collecting documents and keep them ready in case you get the request to avoid further delay. Based on how things are going, you might get a test invite soon after you submit those documents.

Reactions: kmahmoud and melito

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I think most applicants now get oath invite directly after the test without interview or receive a document request.

What is interesting here is that the applicants receive their oath invites soon after (in a couple of days) they submit their documents. I think the documents are being asked for following process and I am starting to think that this is replacing the interview. The purpose of the interview, at least the main purpose, was to verify physical presence by checking stamps on passport and to verify identity. Now, the documents that are being asked after the test are the documents that verify physical presence and they verify identity as well. I believe that these documents are kept on file and might be checked at a later date to ensure compliance (random QA checks probably).

They are sending oath invites soon after they submit documents which suggests that they are just glancing at the documents that are provided and if they can't see anything out of the ordinary there, they are just passing the application to the next stage.

Once you complete the test, you might get the additional documents request. I strongly recommend that you start collecting documents and keep them ready in case you get the request to avoid further delay. Based on how things are going, you might get a test invite soon after you submit those documents.
What kind of documents are thay asking for? Passport stamp pages? Pearson immigration ppl doesn't even put entry/exit stamps.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016