+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

la364

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Got my test invite yetserday. August 2019 Vancouver applicant. However there has not been any change in my application status details to reflect this fact. Any idea whether the status details are updated for when a test invite is sent out?

Last edited:

nila001

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
It took me around 10 attempts to get a good picture and when I did, my link got expired. Had to do it all over again and went with a mediocre picture.
same thing. I guess most laptop cameras take mediocre photo however the digits/letters are visible.
Also I gave my test yesterday and passed. However as you all know they say with the instant email that this result is temporary. So would they send out an email confirming the result? How long after?

Reactions: his*marty

Ballot2020

Dec 21, 2020
Got my test invite yetserday. August 2019 Vancouver applicant. However there has not been any change in my application status details to reflect this fact. Any idea whether the status details are updated for when a test invite is sent out?
it is normal to see an update after few days or week later. it is not immediate update

Mar 11, 2021
Hi,
I am a Montreal October 2019 applicant.
I can see on the ecas platform that I have been invited for citizenship test between 28 May 2021 and 17 June 2021 (it has been updated a week ago). However, I have not received an email yet (the window opens in 3 days !). I know that my email address works as I received the test invit in March 2020 when my test was cancelled due to COVID.

Is it normal? What should I do?
Thank you !

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,
I am a Montreal October 2019 applicant.
I can see on the ecas platform that I have been invited for citizenship test between 28 May 2021 and 17 June 2021 (it has been updated a week ago). However, I have not received an email yet (the window opens in 3 days !). I know that my email address works as I received the test invit in March 2020 when my test was cancelled due to COVID.

Is it normal? What should I do?
Thank you !
You should get your invite soon. You have until 17 June so there's no need to sweat! You can expect to see the email today or maybe tomorrow. Check Junk/Spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.

Mar 11, 2021
You should get your invite soon. You have until 17 June so there's no need to sweat! You can expect to see the email today or maybe tomorrow. Check Junk/Spam folder as it sometimes ends up there.
Thank you for your answer. I called CiC and it is possible the test notification is a glitch in the system and that I do not even receive an email within the time window. Essentially, the time window on the ecas platform could be wrong and should not be relied upon...
Have you heard of people who could take the test without receiving the email?

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
For those who already took the online citizenship test and passed, how long does it take for "Citizenship test" status to be updated as "Completed"/"Passed"
on your Online Application Status?
Sorry if this question was already asked previously.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
For those who already took the online citizenship test and passed, how long does it take for "Citizenship test" status to be updated as "Completed"/"Passed"
Some internal documentation obtained by ATIP indicates 2-3 days on average. I have seen people wait until the end of the test period and give IRCC a call (that was before the new status tracker). So give IRCC a call in a week or so if you don't see it marked as complete

Reactions: liambll

meg511

Apr 17, 2017
I took the test on March 17, the updated status came May 24th and showed the test was completed on May 21st.

Reactions: liambll

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
same thing. I guess most laptop cameras take mediocre photo however the digits/letters are visible.
Also I gave my test yesterday and passed. However as you all know they say with the instant email that this result is temporary. So would they send out an email confirming the result? How long after?
I never received an official email test result beyond what it showed on the screen.