+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long you will have to wait to get a response seems to vary from office to office, but below is what happened to me. Note that my application is being processed by the Calgary office.

1. Application Delivered: Apr 17, 2020

2. Acknowledge of Receipt: Oct 26, 2020

3. In progress: Nov 27, 2020

- It actually started on Oct 26, 2020, but I only got an email with details to create an account on Nov 27, 2020.

4. First Citizenship Test Invite: Jun 4, 2021
- The test window was between June 14, 2021, and July 5, 2021.
- On Jun 4, 2021 (same day), I replied to them, asking them to reschedule me to after mid-August because I was planning on being back to Canada by then.
- On Jun 4, 2021 (same day), they replied saying that I'd be rescheduled to someday after mid-August. Nothing changed on the system.

5. Second Citizenship Test Invite: Jul 22, 2021
- The test window was between July 26, 2021, and August 16, 2021.
- Notice that the test window is not what I initially requested (I asked for someday after mid-August). However, this time, the instructions pointed out that I can take it from outside of Canada, which is perfect.
- On Jul 22, 2021 (same day), I sent them an email asking for permission to take it from outside of Canada (as specified in the PDF document).
- On Jul 22, 2021 (same day), they replied saying that I can go ahead and take the test from outside of Canada. Check the following link to see exactly what they responded: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/online-citizenship-test.711775/post-9568904

I hope this information helps.
thank you Andrew. This is indeed really helpful and detailed. mine is Mississauga office. my original test window was same as yours. They told me , let us know when are you back in Canada and we will endeavor to reschedule at a later date. Now that I got back and have informed them, I learnt that it could have been taken outside too. I am not sure if it is worth following up with them or better to just wait?

by the looks of your timeline, they sent you a rescheduling email after 6 weeks. thanks for your help.

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hey guys, Silly question : can i take the Online test from anywhere in Canada or i should be necessary in my province of residence ?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hey guys, Silly question : can i take the Online test from anywhere in Canada or i should be necessary in my province of residence ?
Anywhere. Nowdays you can even take it from any country after asking them that you are taking test outside Canada.
So from the last few days after new relaxed guideline, location doesnt matter.
Read more here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
So... few days back, I about bitched and moaned about IRCC's slow pace, and decided to forget about this for a few months. Now my test status on the tracker has turned to "In Progress" :p

Generally, how soon after the tracker status update, should I expect to receive the email telling me the testing window has opened, and giving the link to the online test?

@andrews.juchem , @novascotia27 , thanks for your replies. Given IRCC is coming under fire for moving slowly through COVID, makes sense that they would want to move quickly on "low risk" applications, so they can grab some low-hanging fruit and show progress on overall numbers. Guessing my application isn't the obvious one to be prioritized... low risk country of birth / nationality (I think?) India, but lived and worked on 3 continents including Middle East, travel history is loooong. Regarding the office, mine is Scarborough... how do you track the relative speed of different offices, and where does Scarborough rank?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
So... few days back, I about bitched and moaned about IRCC's slow pace, and decided to forget about this for a few months. Now my test status on the tracker has turned to "In Progress" :p

Generally, how soon after the tracker status update, should I expect to receive the email telling me the testing window has opened, and giving the link to the online test?
2-7 days before the test window date.

Whats the trick to forget checking status of the application?

Reactions: prash42

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

What's your test window?

Also, please post an update once you receive the test invite email and once after you take the test.

Thanks.

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Hi people,

If you contact their email address for technical support", will they respond and resolve issues quickly?

I am having an impossible situation around their following rule:

"The use of only one electronic device (computer, laptop or tablet) with Internet access is permitted. All
other devices must be turned off during the test."

My only internet source comes from my mobile phone, which gives wifi to my laptop... So I must have a minimum of 2 devices online.

I tried the library for their wifi, but there I am surrounded by other people with their own devices (which could show up, I guess, for the cic), furthermore the library require me to be masked all the time, which breaks another cic rule.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi people,

If you contact their email address for technical support", will they respond and resolve issues quickly?

I am having an impossible situation around their following rule:

"The use of only one electronic device (computer, laptop or tablet) with Internet access is permitted. All

My only internet source comes from my mobile phone, which gives wifi to my laptop... So I must have a minimum of 2 devices online.

I tried the library for their wifi, but there I am surrounded by other people with their own devices (which could show up, I guess, for the cic), furthermore the library require me to be masked all the time, which breaks another cic rule.
Well, don't read into that too much.

If you have to use your mobile phone as a hotspot to connect to the Internet, do it by all means. I myself did that because I didn't want to get interrupted in case there was a power failure while I was taking the test (The router would go offline if there is a power failure).

As long as you are not looking into Discover Canada or other material while you are taking the test, you should be good.

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Does this mean we have to switch off all other devices in the household connected to the same Wifi router? There are multiple devices at my house using the same connection.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Does this mean we have to switch off all other devices in the household connected to the same Wifi router? There are multiple devices at my house using the same connection.
They mostly mean phones and tablets so you don't receive on them while you are doing the test. Just turn them off.

Reactions: keypad

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oh no no no! No! Like I said, don't read into that too much. The reason that text is there on the website is to simply say this :

When you are taking the test, make sure you are using only one device and do NOT try to find answers on other devices. That's the purpose.

Reactions: btoronto and keypad

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Oh no no no! No! Like I said, don't read into that too much. The reason that text is there on the website is to simply say this :

When you are taking the test, make sure you are using only one device and do NOT try to find answers on other devices. That's the purpose.
Thanks for clarifying. I might be feeling anxious and do not want to mess things up with my test :)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram