+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
For next time preparation, here is the tip:
He needs to read the book couple of times more.
Take more practice tests online to memorize dates and names:
https://www.canadacitizenshipstudyguide.com/member/canadian-citizenship-practice-test.php
http://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
Thank you for your quick response. Please, do you known any interesting online test in FRENCH for practice? Thanks

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Hey guys,
I heard some people already have the invitation with ability to take the test abroad. I am wondering if you choose to do a test abroad is the process any different? for example with real officers or something...

Also during the test they don't record you all the time on camera? just for the photo and the ID ?
During the test your camera will show you the whole time, not just for the photos. The purpose of this is so that the agent working on the file can monitor the recording to make sure you aren't cheating (looking at study materials etc) when they review your results at the end.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
During the test your camera will show you the whole time, not just for the photos. The purpose of this is so that the agent working on the file can monitor the recording to make sure you aren't cheating (looking at study materials etc) when they review your results at the end.
Just a minor correction to that - There is no recording of video or audio during the test. Pictures are taken at random times during the test to ensure that the applicant is the only person in the room and isn't up to any funny business.

Reactions: TheJim

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Hey guys,
I heard some people already have the invitation with ability to take the test abroad. I am wondering if you choose to do a test abroad is the process any different? for example with real officers or something...

Also during the test they don't record you all the time on camera? just for the photo and the ID ?
It says to contact them within 24 to 48hrs if you're outside Canada and they will contact you with the next steps.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes I know, just wondering if someone already went through this process... I am outside of Canada, but haven't received invitation yet.
I dont think its anything different. same site, same link, same web page. i highly doubt on having different module/page designed for people taking test from outside.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
It says to contact them within 24 to 48hrs if you're outside Canada and they will contact you with the next steps.
Where did you guys see that you can take the test outside of Canada? According to IRCC, you must be in Canada to take the test. At least, that's the information on their website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#invitation

I've got the invitation a few weeks ago and sent them an email saying that I was outside of Canada. They said that they will reschedule me when I get back at the end of August. I think if we could take the test outside of Canada, they would have told me that in the email.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Where did you guys see that you can take the test outside of Canada? According to IRCC, you must be in Canada to take the test. At least, that's the information on their website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/online.html#invitation

I've got the invitation a few weeks ago and sent them an email saying that I was outside of Canada. They said that they will reschedule me when I get back at the end of August. I think if we could take the test outside of Canada, they would have told me that in the email.
Several applicants successfully took their tests outside Canada after they contacted the email ID in their test invite letter.

Many of those applicants saw text in their test invite PDF that explicitly mentioned they can take the test if they are outside Canada and they'd have to contact the email ID in the test invite letter.

There are also a couple of applicants (including you) who were asked to reschedule the test instead of being asked to take the test outside Canada. Not sure why there is a difference in process for some applicants but it is unfortunate.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Several applicants successfully took their tests outside Canada after they contacted the email ID in their test invite letter.

Many of those applicants saw text in their test invite PDF that explicitly mentioned they can take the test if they are outside Canada and they'd have to contact the email ID in the test invite letter.

There are also a couple of applicants (including you) who were asked to reschedule the test instead of being asked to take the test outside Canada. Not sure why there is a difference in process for some applicants but it is unfortunate.
Interesting. First time I've heard about that. Do you know if there was any special reason why they were allowed to take the test outside?

The PDF that I received has the following notes, so apparently, this exception doesn't apply to me.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Please read this e-mail carefully as it contains instructions to do before, during and after the
citizenship knowledge test.
- If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must
forward the message to the email of the applicant.
- You must be physically present in Canada when taking the citizenship test.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Interesting. First time I've heard about that. Do you know if there was any special reason why they were allowed to take the test outside?

The PDF that I received has the following notes, so apparently, this exception doesn't apply to me.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Please read this e-mail carefully as it contains instructions to do before, during and after the
citizenship knowledge test.
- If you receive this invitation on behalf of a citizenship applicant and/or their family, you must
forward the message to the email of the applicant.
- You must be physically present in Canada when taking the citizenship test.
@Nevine.Kassem and I received the test invite email on the same day. The OP received it from Scarborough office and I received it from Mississauga. The OP's test invite PDF showed he could take the test from outside Canada but mine didn't. Again, I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy here.

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
@Nevine.Kassem and I received the test invite email on the same day. The OP received it from Scarborough office and I received it from Mississauga. The OP's test invite PDF showed he could take the test from outside Canada but mine didn't. Again, I'm not sure why there is a discrepancy here.
I see. Yes, unfortunately, they don't give us a lot of information. I will send an email to the Calgary office and ask if I can take it from overseas. Have you already asked your office if you can do it?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
Hey guys,

everything is same as if you would take it within Canada. During the test they don’t record you, they just randomly take a picture of you during the test, but you won’t know when it happens

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I see. Yes, unfortunately, they don't give us a lot of information. I will send an email to the Calgary office and ask if I can take it from overseas. Have you already asked your office if you can do it?
I was (and still am) in Canada so I've already taken the test. @Nevine.Kassem took the test abroad and the test results were validated successfully.

I would recommend sending an email like this :

"Hello, I am currently outside Canada and I have received a test invitation. I know several applicants have taken the test overseas - Could you please permit me to take the test outside Canada as well? Thank you."

Do NOT say something like this :

"Hello, I'm currently outside Canada and I have received a test invitation. Could you please advise what needs to be done?"

Last edited:

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
I’ve also taken the test from outside of Canada, it was validated and set as completed. The letter that was stating that I could take it outside of Canada was also from Scarborough office