+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

AnkiQC

Dec 28, 2021
It's really hard to stay positive guys. Everyday I am checking only to be disappointed day after day.
It's really hard. I also checked (almost) every day. I would open the tracker and only briefly check the "Last updated" already knowing nothing would change. And then suddenly Monday I did the same, completely expecting to the same thing as always, but this time there was a big "ACTION REQUIRED" with the noticed that I would have my oath ceremony on March 7.

It's difficult but hopefully soon enough you'll have the same good surprise I had. Be strong and best of luck to everyone here.

Last edited:

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
As I wake up in the morning, the first thing I reach out for is the phone. Did the same today. Apart from the SMS and long list of Good Morning messages in various WhatsApp groups, I also take a cursory look at personal emails. Did the same today.
Except today was different; in the inbox was a message from a cic.gc.ca address.
I was no longer groggy. Wide awake. It was the happiest day of my life. It had finally come through.
I thought I’d wait for a little while before waking the kids and the Mrs. to give them this good news.
Finally, my prayers had been answered and the gods at IRCC had showered their blessings.
I began to read the message slowly. The response to my webform was finally in. The boiler plate response reassured me that everything was ok and I was one of the thousands who had been impacted by Covid.
Th response was so personalised that Covid was highlighted in RED and then crossed out.
Gawd, it was a short day. I turned and went back to sleep.

:)

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a friend of mine did oath (Etobicoke) recently and got the certificate within one week even though during the oath and in the official communication that it would have taken 2 - 4 weeks
Great, thanks. I'm hoping to get the oath package soon. It still hasn't arrived yet, so close yet so far away.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Nothing

Jan 31,2022 Citizenship test activity status apdated to completed

Jan 29,2022 Test passed

Jan 10,2022 Schedule for a citizenship test

Jul 6, 2021 Background verification completed

April 20, 2021 Application filed
April 20,2021 AOR

March 11,2021 They received my application

March 7,2021 Submit application

Manitoba (MB) Saskatchewan office
Your time line is similar to mine. I passed the test on Jan 25, test showed completed Jan 27 and all the buttons (except ceremony) turned green Feb 21.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
I wondered same too
Thanks. The reason I was asking was that. I went for test and got email link to continue and upload my id but my webcam failed and then the email link expired. I created another sign in and got the second email link and then completed my test. I am a bit worried since my first link didn’t worked and I have to sign in again and use the second email link. I called IRCC and the agent said it’s too early to see any update as I have the test yesterday.

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks. The reason I was asking was that. I went for test and got email link to continue and upload my id but my webcam failed and then the email link expired. I created another sign in and got the second email link and then completed my test. I am a bit worried since my first link didn’t worked and I have to sign in again and use the second email link. I called IRCC and the agent said it’s too early to see any update as I have the test yesterday.
You don't worry. My first link also expired and i got my test done through 2nd link. The test is now in complete status.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Yea don't worry wait a couple of days for it to be updated.