+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks, got my oath invite scheduled for April 5th! So happy!!! What's the process after the oath ceremony? Will I be sent the citizenship certificate via postal mail? Would anyone know the time lines to get it? The only reason I'm asking is, I know we'll have to snap our PR cards during the ceremony and I'm traveling on April 14th and I will need to wait for the certificate to apply for the passport. So if I travel I won't have the PR card or the passport to return back to Canada. Thanks!

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hey folks, got my oath invite scheduled for April 5th! So happy!!! What's the process after the oath ceremony? Will I be sent the citizenship certificate via postal mail? Would anyone know the time lines to get it? The only reason I'm asking is, I know we'll have to snap our PR cards during the ceremony and I'm traveling on April 14th and I will need to wait for the certificate to apply for the passport. So if I travel I won't have the PR card or the passport to return back to Canada. Thanks!
First of all congratulations!

I think they will mail home your certificate it takes 3-4 weeks after oath to receive.
They passports process I don't know how long that's gonna take but my guess is a couple of weeks as well.

I think your options are as follows unless someone advises otherwise:-

1. Reschedule Oath so you can travel with pr and existing documents.

2. Take your Oath and then travel have someone post down your stuff or apply for passport on your behalf and post it down. Providing you are staying couple months.

3. Take your Oath and see if you can expedite citizenship certificate and passport.

Good luck!!!

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all congratulations!

I think they will mail home your certificate it takes 3-4 weeks after oath to receive.
They passports process I don't know how long that's gonna take but my guess is a couple of weeks as well.

I think your options are as follows unless someone advises otherwise:-

1. Reschedule Oath so you can travel with pr and existing documents.

2. Take your Oath and then travel have someone post down your stuff or apply for passport on your behalf and post it down. Providing you are staying couple months.

3. Take your Oath and see if you can expedite citizenship certificate and passport.

Good luck!!!
Thanks! It is very encouraging to see more and more people receive the ceremony invites. Hopefully everyone in this group gets it very soon!
Based on the options I would rather not travel as rescheduling or sending the passport are two non starters for me. It's not an urgent trip, so luckily I don't need to travel. Thank you for your help :)

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
So my ‘waiting on you’ status for the test is gone but overall still showing ‘in progress’ including the test although I had finished and passed the test. What would that mean? Could this be a ghost update?

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Applied 2017, test in December 2021, yesterday everything changed from ‘in process’ to ‘completed’
except the oath ceremon.

guess it’s just sit and wait time again.
When you say everything changed to completed, you mean Physical presence, Language, and Prohibitions as well as test all at once or was the test completed before and rest after some gap?

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
When you say everything changed to completed, you mean Physical presence, Language, and Prohibitions as well as test all at once or was the test completed before and rest after some gap?
everything , physical,presence, language and prohibitio, test all,turned green at the same time, now I have received my oath ceremony , all within 2 months of things starting to happen

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
everything , physical,presence, language and prohibitio, test all,turned green at the same time, now I have received my oath ceremony , all within 2 months of things starting to happen
When did you complete the test and how many days it took to get updated in the tracker?

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
I completed my test a week ago and the status is still in progress. Seeing your timeline, it seems nothing to worry.
Yeah, same here, been waiting for the status to change to complete almost two weeks after taking the test. My 'waiting on you' status disappeared yesterday but test still showing 'in progress' so don't know what that implies.

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Yeah, same here, been waiting for the status to change to complete almost two weeks after taking the test. My 'waiting on you' status disappeared yesterday but test still showing 'in progress' so don't know what that implies.
mine was the same, this evening I received my 10 page oath information package for March 21st, I’m amazed how much notice I have received for this event.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
mine was the same, this evening I received my 10 page oath information package for March 21st, I’m amazed how much notice I have received for this event.
That's pretty awesome and congratulations bud!

So you had the 'waiting on you' disappear but test 'in progress' still showing and then after a few weeks all just turned completed, right? If that's the case, then there's hope for me and others like me. Just need to hang tight I guess.

Reactions: Hash1979