+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
After you take the test, one of officers will review your result to make it official. They’ll record your official test result as 1 of 3 options:

• Pass
  • Fail
  • Invalidated
Your result is only official after this review.

Your application status will show as “completed” if you received a pass or a fail.

Your status will show “in progress” if your

• test hasn’t been reviewed yet
  • test was cancelled and rescheduled
  • results were invalidated
i assume that your result test was invalidated, so you should be patient to wait they send a new test for you. normally it take 2-4 months
Wow that's so unfortunate.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I completed my test Nov 2021.......still "in progress" in the status tracker. The test still says "in progress" They do not answer the phone, have been trying for the last 45 days. When you send a webform, they answer after 1 month to simply say "we have no information other than what you see on status tracker", when I emailed the email where the test link came , They responded after few weeks and said "we dont have any access other than what you see online". Very frustrating.

Why is my file forgotten. I've been waiting 3 years. I understand some applicants might have complicated cases, but I have a very simple case.

I know many people who applied in 2021 , and they already have their citizenship and passport. When did they make applications able to send online ? When I sent my application in 2019 , I believe there was only paper applications available.

Anyways, it seems the IRCC employees are all at home for a long time now, and they only have full access to online applications, which are the only ones getting worked on.

There should be no reason at all, that a 2021 applicant is geting the process completely finished in 6-7 months. Yet I am waiting since 2019. Very difficult for me to comprehend this.

CTV news video about it below :

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
I think you should try calling them again and again until you hear from them. Waiting another 2-4 just for you freaking test to be invalidated is just a waste of time. Just keep calling until you hear from someone. I remember once I saw a post with someone test not being validated because there was a glitch. I am thinking that's your case too.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I think you should try calling them again and again until you hear from them. Waiting another 2-4 just for you freaking test to be invalidated is just a waste of time. Just keep calling until you hear from someone. I remember once I saw a post with someone test not being validated because there was a glitch. I am thinking that's your case too.
I’ve been trying to call for 2 months. Every day monday to friday 8am to 4pm. I call every 30 mins and its always the same message “ theres a high volume of calls and we cannot connect your call, please try again another time” and it hangs up. Its not possible not to be able to go into the hold queue for over 2 months. It means nobody is answering the phones at all. I even call the second they are supposed to be open. Nothing. Ive tried webform 2-3 times and its always just a cut and paste response they give which doesnt apply to my case. Ridiculous.
I agree. Waiting 3 months so far just to probably get an invalid test. I did everything as instructed, photo of id. Photo of myself. Clicked allow webcam etc. I read somewhere on here that its hit or miss and many people have to redo it for no reason. Their software or backend programming is horrible.
Waiting since 2019 and no progress. Sorry for the long message , just so frustrated and losing hope.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I’ve been trying to call for 2 months. Every day monday to friday 8am to 4pm. I call every 30 mins and its always the same message “ theres a high volume of calls and we cannot connect your call, please try again another time” and it hangs up. Its not possible not to be able to go into the hold queue for over 2 months. It means nobody is answering the phones at all. I even call the second they are supposed to be open. Nothing. Ive tried webform 2-3 times and its always just a cut and paste response they give which doesnt apply to my case. Ridiculous.
I agree. Waiting 3 months so far just to probably get an invalid test. I did everything as instructed, photo of id. Photo of myself. Clicked allow webcam etc. I read somewhere on here that its hit or miss and many people have to redo it for no reason. Their software or backend programming is horrible.
Waiting since 2019 and no progress. Sorry for the long message , just so frustrated and losing hope.
When is your AOR date?

cit001

Sep 20, 2020
When next you call, select option for immigration to at least get to speak with an officer and ask to be transferred.

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Do they reply to the emails , I sent asking for reschedule. Do they reply back or what happens
Thanks
Based off what I've seen online, it takes time to get a rescheduled date for the oath. I don't know your personal circumstances but unless you're in dire need to be outside of Canada during your oath date for an emergency reason, I would advise to prioritize coming back to take the oath on your scheduled date. Rescheduling will just make you wait more months. I would advise coming back to Canada earlier or finding a way with IRCC to do your oath at the country you're currently in. All the best!

CinBnx

Jan 30, 2022
Do they reply to the emails , I sent asking for reschedule. Do they reply back or what happens
Thanks
My office is the Scarborough office, so I guess it also depends which office is handling your file.
I took my test Aug 18 2021, and only got DM on Jan 4th 2022 but no email to confirm DM, I emailed them Feb 1st 2022 and got a response the next day, and I told them I needed to get my passport ASAP as I have to travel for an emergency by March 1st. Then Feb 4th I got an email that they have scheduled us for ceremony Feb 19th, and also status changed to Ceremony in progress.

RickyT

Star Member
Sep 13, 2015
Do we have a thread on here of how people studied for the exam? I have been here 10 years and still failed at one of the practice tests...

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
How long does for prohibitions to be labelled as "completed" after Background verification is labelled "completed"