+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I completed my test Nov 2021.......still "in progress" in the status tracker. The test still says "in progress" They do not answer the phone, have been trying for the last 45 days. When you send a webform, they answer after 1 month to simply say "we have no information other than what you see on status tracker", when I emailed the email where the test link came , They responded after few weeks and said "we dont have any access other than what you see online". Very frustrating.

Why is my file forgotten. I've been waiting 3 years. I understand some applicants might have complicated cases, but I have a very simple case.

I know many people who applied in 2021 , and they already have their citizenship and passport. When did they make applications able to send online ? When I sent my application in 2019 , I believe there was only paper applications available.

Anyways, it seems the IRCC employees are all at home for a long time now, and they only have full access to online applications, which are the only ones getting worked on.

There should be no reason at all, that a 2021 applicant is geting the process completely finished in 6-7 months. Yet I am waiting since 2019. Very difficult for me to comprehend this.

CTV news video about it below :

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
21 nov 2019
Test Completed sep 21 ,2021
1 feb tracker show oath 9 feb
Waiting for email
Hi Raj, After you completed the test, how many days did it take until it changed to "completed" on the test portion of the tracker. Thanks

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi guys, my status just change to take your oath of citizenship but haven’t received any email yet too. Will wait till tomorow and see hopefully
Congratulations!!!
Loving all the good news. Check your junk and promotional email to ensure its not in their waiting for you lol. Or wait until tomorrow if your status just updated.

Reactions: Hash1979

seraolo

Feb 28, 2015
I completed my test Nov 2021.......still "in progress" in the status tracker. The test still says "in progress" They do not answer the phone, have been trying for the last 45 days. When you send a webform, they answer after 1 month to simply say "we have no information other than what you see on status tracker", when I emailed the email where the test link came , They responded after few weeks and said "we dont have any access other than what you see online". Very frustrating.

Why is my file forgotten. I've been waiting 3 years. I understand some applicants might have complicated cases, but I have a very simple case.

I know many people who applied in 2021 , and they already have their citizenship and passport. When did they make applications able to send online ? When I sent my application in 2019 , I believe there was only paper applications available.

Anyways, it seems the IRCC employees are all at home for a long time now, and they only have full access to online applications, which are the only ones getting worked on.

There should be no reason at all, that a 2021 applicant is geting the process completely finished in 6-7 months. Yet I am waiting since 2019. Very difficult for me to comprehend this.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
Do not be depressed that much bro ...I'm one of January 2021 applicant ...I Submitted my application online ......I did my test in September 2nd 2021 & nothing else after that .....everything seems to be frozen .....lets wish the best for both of us

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018

After you take the test, one of officers will review your result to make it official. They’ll record your official test result as 1 of 3 options:

• Pass
  • Fail
  • Invalidated
Your result is only official after this review.

Your application status will show as “completed” if you received a pass or a fail.

Your status will show “in progress” if your

• test hasn’t been reviewed yet
  • test was cancelled and rescheduled
  • results were invalidated
i assume that your result test was invalidated, so you should be patient to wait they send a new test for you. normally it take 2-4 months