+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Here is my Application history and some of the sad story in between.

• Oct 18, 2021

Language skills, Prohibitions, Physical presence completed.

• Jul 23, 2021

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Jul 23, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Jun 18, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test (had to redo because ID wasn't done properly.)

Mar 18, 2020

Scheduled for citizenship test (cancelled due to pandemic) :(

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on March 18, 2020. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Feb 18, 2020

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

•Dec 31, 2019

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

•Nov 26, 2019

Application filed
Thanks for sharing...congrats again...light at the end of the tunnel

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Hi All
Finally they sent me that I’m scheduled for oath . Yet when I log in my email I can’t find a link or details for the oath time.
My status is “take the oath “ waiting on you.
It is now 5 days and I can’t find any link . Did anyone face the same ?
who and how to contact to ask about that.
thanks for support

• Wow
Reactions: Spiceislegirl

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Canada is looking to allow people to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

They just came up with this idea .. what is this and how it works … no- one knows. Call them up or write them asap

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Canada is looking to allow people to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

They just came up with this idea .. what is this and how it works … no- one knows. Call them up or write them asap
Do you know email address to send mail to ?

ukridge

Apr 29, 2014
Hi All
Finally they sent me that I’m scheduled for oath . Yet when I log in my email I can’t find a link or details for the oath time.
My status is “take the oath “ waiting on you.
It is now 5 days and I can’t find any link . Did anyone face the same ?
who and how to contact to ask about that.
thanks for support
My friend says the mail went into "Promotion" label in gmail. So please check all the labels like Spam/All Mail etc

ukridge

Apr 29, 2014
Today I did my test and I had the same experience like you. I'm trying to be positive, I don't think that we have to worry about it. I'm sure that everything is going to be fine! I will post here if I receive any new news!
You dont need to worry. For PR card there is no requirement of signature, its only when the ID is other than PR card that you need a signature.
Even if the Tabs are open, does not matter as long as you don't switch in between the exam

Reactions: Kornet

M1206

Aug 16, 2021
Hi all I’m now outside Canada and will be back March 1 . I received the email to oath and can’t make it on time . Anyone has experience in this situation can give me advice what to do and how they respond ?

Reactions: Hash1979

Rai@81

Sep 26, 2019
Hi all I’m now outside Canada and will be back March 1 . I received the email to oath and can’t make it on time . Anyone has experience in this situation can give me advice what to do and how they respond ?
Congratulations what is your time line

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
There is one member that mentioned that his/her friend's wife was able to take the oath from outside Canada. I haven't seen any other post which confirms this. There is instructions in the letter on what to do if you are not in Canada. Send them an email and request that you take it from outside Canada. Please let us know what they end up telling you and if it's true that you can take the oath from outside Canada...

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi I just did a quick search on the forum from past members that did Oath and from what I am understanding is that you have to be physically present in Canada to do the Oath ceremony. I would contact them ASAP. One thing to note is that Oath spots are limited.
Do a quick search and see for yourself. Depending on your situation for example if it's for medical reason you might be able to take it outside but I can't confirm this. Please check search for past members experiences.
Good Luck!

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Based off what I've seen online, it takes time to get a rescheduled date for the oath. I don't know your personal circumstances but unless you're in dire need to be outside of Canada during your oath date for an emergency reason, I would advise to prioritize coming back to take the oath on your scheduled date. Rescheduling will just make you wait more months. I would advise coming back to Canada earlier or finding a way with IRCC to do your oath at the country you're currently in. All the best!