+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Actually the agent told me IRCC reviews the application because I rescheduled the citizenship test twice. I did not know why it is a problem in rescheduling the test.
You can reschedule your citizenship test thats not the problem but you need a reasonable explanation. If you reschedule once with a reasonable explanation it's fine but as in your case twice might be a problem that's why they are Reviewing to see if your explanation is reasonable as most people gives priority to completing test while there are few that have to reschedule once with a reasonable explanation.

Reactions: Hash1979

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
You can reschedule your citizenship test thats not the problem but you need a reasonable explanation. If you reschedule once with a reasonable explanation it's fine but as in your case twice might be a problem that's why they are Reviewing to see if your explanation is reasonable as most people gives priority to completing test while there are few that have to reschedule once with a reasonable explanation.
I second that. She (Spiceislegirl) is absolutely right. Twice is a bit too much. Hopefully you will have solid & convincing Reasons.

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Hi,
I did my online test today and passed. After I passed the test, there are two things that are freaking me out.
1. I used my PR card as my id proof for the picture and it was very tricky to get a clear picture. However my pr card has no signature and the instructions say that we need to use ID card with signature on it
Would that be a problem?
2. I did not open any new tabs once I started the exam. However there were two tabs opened previously.i.e one tab had the email to which the test link was sent and the other tab was the exam registration tab. Do you think this would be a problem?
Today I did my test and I had the same experience like you. I'm trying to be positive, I don't think that we have to worry about it. I'm sure that everything is going to be fine! I will post here if I receive any new news!

Reactions: canadiantica15

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
That's the same location as mine I redid my test 12:30am 2nd time lol just wanted to get it over with and they updated my result to completed within 24 hr.
When everything completed its shows green.

For me only the OATH is gray
Hi Spiceislegirl, do you mind sharing your timeline...I believe u did previously, however, i am unable to find it. You are almost atthe finish line...congrats and good for u.

Reactions: Spiceislegirl

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi Spiceislegirl, do you mind sharing your timeline...I believe u did previously, however, i am unable to find it. You are almost atthe finish line...congrats and good for u.

Here is my Application history and some of the sad story in between.

• Oct 18, 2021

Language skills, Prohibitions, Physical presence completed.

• Jul 23, 2021

Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Jul 23, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test

Jun 18, 2021

Scheduled for citizenship test (had to redo because ID wasn't done properly.)

Mar 18, 2020

Scheduled for citizenship test (cancelled due to pandemic) :(

Citizenship test

You've been scheduled to take citizenship test on March 18, 2020. Information and instructions will be sent to you.

Feb 18, 2020

Citizenship test activity status updated

Citizenship test

Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress

•Dec 31, 2019

Background verification status has been updated to Completed

•Nov 26, 2019

Application filed

Reactions: maasjoe

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Finally they are doing something!!!!!

Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021

Please read the highlighted text and comment: Source https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/modernizing-canadas-immigration-system-to-support-economic-recovery-and-improve-client-experience.html

For citizenship applicants, IRCC has introduced online testing, developed an online application tracker and launched virtual citizenship ceremonies. Over the last few months, we have hosted approximately 350 virtual ceremonies per month, and more than 170,000 new Canadians have been sworn in since April 1, 2020. We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.
Omg really I am so excited to hear this. Omg I feel like crying lol

• Haha
Reactions: RiZ92

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014

The loved the last line. Do you when do they plan to do this? or is it just a "plan"

Reactions: maasjoe

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
The loved the last line. Do you when do they plan to do this? or is it just a "plan"
It is the same thing when they started exploring online test and oath ceremonies. No one knows the timeframe unless one of us receives and reports.
It is like same thing when they started "Virtual landing" for PR because Borders were being overwhelmed. We might see this option in a month or so.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
It is the same thing when they started exploring online test and oath ceremonies. No one knows the timeframe unless one of us receives and reports.
It is like same thing when they started "Virtual landing" for PR because Borders were being overwhelmed. We might see this option in a month or so.
Honestly if they action this within a month then the Canadian govt has to be the most fast moving govt on the world!
I think it’s a great thing but however could take months and months to put into motion….just personal opinion

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
May be someone here is from Media could reach out the

Aidan Strickland
Press Secretary
Minister’s Office, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
aidan.strickland@cic.gc.ca

Asking for updates/plans on the self oath.

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
A general question I have: Who is asked to attend an interview before the oath? Is it everyone or are people randomly selected?