+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

MKZT

Jun 5, 2014
Yes, there are (not detailed) instructions. It asks for permission to access your camera. Make sure u give permission to sites to ask for access to ur camera. Chrome settings- privacy- camera- allow sites to ask for permission. Make sure you select the intended camera at the top.

Before the test, you must do the following. Start a mock meeting in Googlemeets. Open settings and check how many cameras chrome is reading, even if you have only one camera. If you have more than one, the test link will pop error when you go in and will ruin ur test.

Some software programs have virtual cameras on ur system that u don't see or even sometimes know about. Like OBS for recording and streaming. It builds virtual cam inside. If u see more than one camera, remove the software related to this camera from ur PC and make sure the intended camera is the only option.

The test link asks for permission only and can then jump into any camera u have or pop error. EVEN IF IT WORKED FINE WHEN ASKING U FOR PHOTO ID AND PERSONAL PHOTO, it can mix them up when you click start the test.

Make sure nothing gives u notifications during test (freeze both sites notifications and also WINDOWS notifications). The system will give error and record this activity in terms of activity covering ur browser window. As the officer doesn't know what notification is it, it may be considered cheating and sets u up for a new test.

All screen recording and streaming software will interfere with the main camera. This includes, for instance, Logitech capture and OBS studio. YES, a main software of an external USB camera can block ur camera during test. REMOVE IT. Any software for recording and streaming must be removed from control panel.

Yes, you must see urself in a small window located bottom right. It takes a few seconds to load in after you start the test, assuming you allowed the permission request.

It is preferred to close all tabs and apps before you start the test link. If you forgot and realized that u didn't close them DURING the test, don't touch them or try to close them. It's okay as long as:

1- The apps are minimized. NOT in the background.
2- Your browser window size is the same as your screen size.
3- You have one screen connected.
4- You didn't click outside your browser window.
5- You didn't attempt closing other tabs/apps during the test. If you try, it is recorded as acitvity. It will be up to officer to pass it or not.
6- Your mouse clicks and trajectories make sense.
7- Your recorded active time on the browser window = the time you took to finish the test.
8- Your eyes pupil movement makes sense/normal when reviewed with cursor activity and screen size.
9- No other windows cover/covered your browser window or shared screen with it.
10- No tabs/apps are using ur camera. Like a Googlemeet room u forgot to close or some other app.

There are many who reported cam crashing during test. When it asks for ID and personal photo, it jumps to default cam that usually pops up when you have meetings and stuff, but once u jump into test, it crashes as many reported. That's why in instructions it asks you to MAKE SURE ONE DEVICE IS USED AND NO APPS OPEN THAT CAN INTERFERE WITH CAMERA, and this is the trick. Herein I summarized almost all needed to get it work fine. Some apps/software still operate/stay open in background, even if you close them. That's why the way I explained it here can make u get around this in an easy way.

If you don't do these to follow their short instructions, it may work only if you're just lucky enough and don't have lots of stuff on ur PC or laptop!

Hope this helps, mate.
Thanks for your time and detailed reply.

Reactions: Help!

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Guys is it true that Oath ceremony is usually held on a quarterly basis. Which would explain why we all have to wait 3+ months for it. If that's the case then its surely ridiculous if they are trying to clear the back log.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i dont believe thats the case. that may have been true in olden days or when in person ceremonies were a thing. Looking at the forum, i didnt get a hint if they only do quarterly. who knows eh

lovecanada227

Sep 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied on January 2021, completed the test in August 2021, and had everything changed to completed (except citizenship ceremony which is not started) on Oct 8th, however, it doesn't show decision made on the tracker, it also still shows in process in the old ECAS tracker, is this normal? Almost everyone has had a decision made on their portal after everything is completed. Others who applied in January 2021 have been receiving oath invites as well.

Reactions: maasjoe

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied on January 2021, completed the test in August 2021, and had everything changed to completed (except citizenship ceremony which is not started) on Oct 8th, however, it doesn't show decision made on the tracker, it also still shows in process in the old ECAS tracker, is this normal? Almost everyone has had a decision made on their portal after everything is completed. Others who applied in January 2021 have been receiving oath invites as well.
So, are you complaining about not getting the oath, and you applied only 10 months ago? I applied before you by 14 months (24 months to date) and still haven't gotten the oath invite. But rest assured you will get before me and many other 2019 applicants who are forgotten by IRCC so 2020 and 2021 get ahead and give them good numbers

lovecanada227

Sep 7, 2018
So, are you complaining about not getting the oath, and you applied only 10 months ago? I applied before you by 14 months (24 months to date) and still haven't gotten the oath invite. But rest assured you will get before me and many other 2019 applicants who are forgotten by IRCC so 2020 and 2021 get ahead and give them good numbers
not at all, I was just asking why the "decision made" hasn't showed up in the older portal. Didnt mean harm.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I just passed the test, 18 months so far.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
not at all, I was just asking why the "decision made" hasn't showed up in the older portal. Didnt mean harm.
Let me tell you about IRCC: they can send you the oath invite by email suddenly and you are not invited on the new tracker, or you could be invited to the oath in a date that passed that requires a time machine to travel back in time, or they could invite you on the new tracker and don't send you an email on time, or could have a decision made and not shown. All these scenarios are possible if you follow the affairs of IRCC. Apparently they are using an "unreliable" system, by their own words.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Would it be possible for you to speed up the process by revoking your current application and submitting a new application?

Alternatively, do you have in Canada an equivalent of Mandamus Action, to bring IRCC to Federal Court and ask court to force IRCC to discharge the duty that it must?

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I did the fingerprint in June 2020, and IRCC told me now that it expired and I need to do fingerprint again. I am wondering how they waited till my fingerprint expired. And what the assurance what happened in 2020 will not happen again? I did the test in June 2021 and passed.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Would it be possible for you to speed up the process by revoking your current application and submitting a new application?

Alternatively, do you have in Canada an equivalent of Mandamus Action, to bring IRCC to Federal Court and ask court to force IRCC to discharge the duty that it must?
Not worth it at this point. I am waiting my oath, the final step. Any other option/action would take longer.

Reactions: jakklondon

acs123

Oct 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Happened with me as well. Jan 2021 applicant. All status completed on 4th Oct except ceremony and no DM on ecas. Got updated to DM couple of days back (After a month). For me, test status also got completed after a month of writing the test. I guess this is new normal. Don't worry. Cheers

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys is it true that Oath ceremony is usually held on a quarterly basis. Which would explain why we all have to wait 3+ months for it. If that's the case then its surely ridiculous if they are trying to clear the back log.
People are now getting their Oaths on pretty much a daily basis, weekly at worst; mine is two weeks after @Orgcom's, for example.

lovecanada227

Sep 7, 2018
Happened with me as well. Jan 2021 applicant. All status completed on 4th Oct except ceremony and no DM on ecas. Got updated to DM couple of days back (After a month). For me, test status also got completed after a month of writing the test. I guess this is new normal. Don't worry. Cheers
Interesting, for me, the status of the test was completed 2 days after. Which office has your application?