+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi
Congratulations---
Can you plz tell me how camera is turned on during test?
Means it gets on automatically or you have to follow any instructions?
And during whole test u can also see urself in windows?
Thanks
Yes, there are (not detailed) instructions. It asks for permission to access your camera. Make sure u give permission to sites to ask for access to ur camera. Chrome settings- privacy- camera- allow sites to ask for permission. Make sure you select the intended camera at the top.

Before the test, you must do the following. Start a mock meeting in Googlemeets. Open settings and check how many cameras chrome is reading, even if you have only one camera. If you have more than one, the test link will pop error when you go in and will ruin ur test.

Some software programs have virtual cameras on ur system that u don't see or even sometimes know about. Like OBS for recording and streaming. It builds virtual cam inside. If u see more than one camera, remove the software related to this camera from ur PC and make sure the intended camera is the only option.

The test link asks for permission only and can then jump into any camera u have or pop error. EVEN IF IT WORKED FINE WHEN ASKING U FOR PHOTO ID AND PERSONAL PHOTO, it can mix them up when you click start the test.

Make sure nothing gives u notifications during test (freeze both sites notifications and also WINDOWS notifications). The system will give error and record this activity in terms of activity covering ur browser window. As the officer doesn't know what notification is it, it may be considered cheating and sets u up for a new test.

All screen recording and streaming software will interfere with the main camera. This includes, for instance, Logitech capture and OBS studio. YES, a main software of an external USB camera can block ur camera during test. REMOVE IT. Any software for recording and streaming must be removed from control panel.

Yes, you must see urself in a small window located bottom right. It takes a few seconds to load in after you start the test, assuming you allowed the permission request.

It is preferred to close all tabs and apps before you start the test link. If you forgot and realized that u didn't close them DURING the test, don't touch them or try to close them. It's okay as long as:

1- The apps are minimized. NOT in the background.
2- Your browser window size is the same as your screen size.
3- You have one screen connected.
4- You didn't click outside your browser window.
5- You didn't attempt closing other tabs/apps during the test. If you try, it is recorded as acitvity. It will be up to officer to pass it or not.
6- Your mouse clicks and trajectories make sense.
7- Your recorded active time on the browser window = the time you took to finish the test.
8- Your eyes pupil movement makes sense/normal when reviewed with cursor activity and screen size.
9- No other windows cover/covered your browser window or shared screen with it.
10- No tabs/apps are using ur camera. Like a Googlemeet room u forgot to close or some other app.

There are many who reported cam crashing during test. When it asks for ID and personal photo, it jumps to default cam that usually pops up when you have meetings and stuff, but once u jump into test, it crashes as many reported. That's why in instructions it asks you to MAKE SURE ONE DEVICE IS USED AND NO APPS OPEN THAT CAN INTERFERE WITH CAMERA, and this is the trick. Herein I summarized almost all needed to get it work fine. Some apps/software still operate/stay open in background, even if you close them. That's why the way I explained it here can make u get around this in an easy way.

If you don't do these to follow their short instructions, it may work only if you're just lucky enough and don't have lots of stuff on ur PC or laptop!

Hope this helps, mate.

Last edited:

dcosta119

Nov 4, 2021
Application started: August 2020
My test date: June 1, 2021
Oath ceremony - Nov 16th, 2021

It took them quite a while to update my file. I had to contact my MLA in order to speed things up.
Good luck!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Guys, what does the test focus on? Names, dates or? There's too much content to absorb. Is there any website where I can practice the test online? I'm outside Canada now.

Help!

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys, what does the test focus on? Names, dates or? There's too much content to absorb. Is there any website where I can practice the test online? I'm outside Canada now.
Study everything, literally. All years, all names, captions, etc. Except for the quotes at the end as the book says clearly they are not required for the exam. There are many apps on play store. One of them is a 1.36$ per week or something. It is called Canadian Citizinship Test 2021. Publisher is spurry inc.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Me too passed test April 28, everything completed june 30
Are these dates in 2021????

That's good...i checked the CIC website yesterday and it said they are finalizing applications received August 2019....when did you submit your application??

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I'm in the same situation. Didn't receive an invitation, took the test using a generic link from the cic website. Two weeks passed and my application status is still "waiting for test results".
I just called CIC and they said they will contact the Sydney case processing center regarding to my application. However, I will have to re-take the test as I must use the link from the invitation they never sent me to take the test.
I didn't even know that was possible to take the test using a generic link without an invitation..

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Don’t worry about the PR card getting expired. If you are not travelling in coming months then you don’t have to worry. An expired PR card doesn’t mean you will lose Permanent residency. My card expire 1 year ago, and my citizenship is still in process.
really, got an e-mail from my employer saying that my documents are expiring soon so I need to upload current documents showing my eligibility to work in Canada.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all respected Members,
Can you plz tell me how camera is turned on during test?
Means it gets on automatically or you have to follow any instructions?
And during whole test u can also see urself in windows?
Thanks
I believe it turns on automatically. I don't recall being able to see myself

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Application started: August 2020
My test date: June 1, 2021
Oath ceremony - Nov 16th, 2021

It took them quite a while to update my file. I had to contact my MLA in order to speed things up.
Good luck!
This is closer to my timeline....App started Aug 2020 and Test completed Jun 28, 2021, however, no updates when checked (Mississauga office). What is MLA? and how do u contact them?

Herbie

Nov 5, 2021
Application sent March 2021
Test taken on Oct. 6 2021. Received email right away confirming test passed.
No update on my file since Sept.29 2021

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Just read book once and try to understand it will help so much. Then practice online many free test available.