January 2016

Shazia123

Jul 11, 2021
25-June- 2019: Citizenship Application Submit
28-June- 2019: Citizenship Application Arrived at Sydney, NS
10-October-2019: AOR
26-February-2020: Citizenship test invitation letter; test date 24-March-2020
15-March-2020: Citizenship test cancel due to COVID 19
01-April-2021: Online citizenship test invitation (05-April-2021 to 25-April-2021)
06-April-2021: Online citizenship test passed (20/20)
22-April-2021: Online Interview Invitation and Document request
22-April-2021: Online document send to ircc
04-May-2021: Interview scheduled
07-May-2021: Decision made
Waiting for Oath.... Application is processing from Surrey, BC.
Hi, May I ask what kind of documents they required after test, as I can see in status that the online documents send to IRCC, much appreciated

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
Which office?
Montreal! my wifr had her exam on june 11, descision made and all steps are marked as completed since june 15 and still waiting!

Reactions: CaBeaver

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

• put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
  • in the body of your message, include
    • your full name
    • your application number
    • the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.
Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.

Docmo7

Jun 29, 2021
IRCC has finally officially announced about taking tests outside Canada

Since you can't automatically take the test outside Canada and you'll have to request permission from IRCC by sending an email, some applicants might not be allowed to take the test from outside Canada if IRCC responds negatively. That's my take on this.

Wow that's great news!
I hope they issue a similar policy for taking the Immigration officer interview and the Oath Ceremony from outside of Canada.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, update on my file! My citizenship test window was june 25 to july 15, did my test on june 26 since then had no update nor changed the tracker! Yesterday i got an email from IRCC to retake the test and show two identification pictures after the test there is going to be an interview with the agent! Can someone please guide me what kinda questions will the agent ask? And why are they taking a test again? Also they asked me to provide all the original documents which were sent in with my application! As i recall most of my documents that i sent was original!!! Also asked for passport copies to show!! Should i be worried? I dont have my citizenship application that i sent i dont even rememver the travelling dates now!!! What to do? The retake citizenship will it be the same as before? Or the questions will be changed? Has anyone else experienced this!????

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Hello, update on my file! My citizenship test window was june 25 to july 15, did my test on june 26 since then had no update nor changed the tracker! Yesterday i got an email from IRCC to retake the test and show two identification pictures after the test there is going to be an interview with the agent! Can someone please guide me what kinda questions will the agent ask? And why are they taking a test again? Also they asked me to provide all the original documents which were sent in with my application! As i recall most of my documents that i sent was original!!! Also asked for passport copies to show!! Should i be worried? I dont have my citizenship application that i sent i dont even rememver the travelling dates now!!! What to do? The retake citizenship will it be the same as before? Or the questions will be changed? Has anyone else experienced this!????
Your test must have been invalid due to whatever reason hence the retest. It will be done online with an ircc agent and is also highly likely it wont be the same questions you did previously.
The documents requested is also apart of the process so just have them ready for inspection. Im however not sure if the passport copies will have to be sent via email or snail mail.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
And why are they taking a test again?

Can someone please guide me what kinda questions will the agent ask?
Also they asked me to provide all the original documents which were sent in with my application! As i recall most of my documents that i sent was original!!! Also asked for passport copies to show!! Should i be worried?

I dont have my citizenship application that i sent i dont even rememver the travelling dates now!!! What to do?

The retake citizenship will it be the same as before? Or the questions will be changed? Has anyone else experienced this!????
If they ask for retest then you need to take retest. Possibly they are going to do the test while officer is on the call and then later interview. So both together.

For test, it will be similar as your previous test. So start reading the book again. Also prepare with online test questions. This time you will verbally tell what answer it is to the officer on the call for the questions he/she shows to you.
For interview, as the other forum member told, its just verification of your detail such as what you did in the last 5 years and about your residence and job etc. Its all about your application detail you filled.

No one sent the original documents and its in the instructions clearly not to send originals. Did you send your passport too? Are you sure?

Find the travel dates. Before you filled the application, surely you had your notes/references to know your travel dates. So do the same exercise.

Yes, few had to go through retake of test. Read the book and practice online again.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
To me it is just because your photographs in PR card looks different then today. Might be in Covid you din't have a hair cut or grown beard, or might have gained or lost weight. In short they want to make sure it's you. Nothing much to worry. just go for it without any stress.

anonymous12

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the email there were some techinical issues during my first attempt!
Please note that this retake of the test will still be considered a first attempt to take the Citizenship test. Ø Upon completion of your test, you will be interviewed by a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided at the time you applied. They didnt ask to send any documents.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sania4567

Jul 1, 2021
Hi guys! All my activity has been marked to completed today, but tracker says application is still “in progress” and oath ceremony “not started”. However, ECAS says decision made.

Any estimate as to how much I’d have to wait to hear for the oath taking date?

Reactions: CaBeaver

samkan

Feb 8, 2021
Hi guys! All my activity has been marked to completed today, but tracker says application is still “in progress” and oath ceremony “not started”. However, ECAS says decision made.

Any estimate as to how much I’d have to wait to hear for the oath taking date?
I was in same situation two weeks ago so this might take up to couple of weeks in some rare cases it can take up to a month or 2.