+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
All in, I completed my test on June 26th. On 29th June, when I checked the citizenship tracker the status was all completed Except the oath ceremony(status Not started) which is not started. In Esca it shows "decision made". Before the exam Background verification was "completed" and the rest was in progress.

Same above status for my spouse too.

for 2 of our minor children, the status shows "in progress " for all except the Citizenship test and oath ceremony is "not started"

Can someone share more lights on this?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
All in, I completed my test on June 26th. On 29th June, when I checked the citizenship tracker the status was all completed Except the oath ceremony(status Not started) which is not started. In Esca it shows "decision made". Before the exam Background verification was "completed" and the rest was in progress.

for 2 of our minor children, the status shows "in progress " for all except the Citizenship test and oath ceremony is "not started"

That's good! This is "Decision Made" which means that your application has been approved. Now, you'll have to receive a date for your citizenship ceremony.

If your children are under 14 years old, they neither have to take the test nor be present for the ceremony. You should see "Decision Made" for them on ECAS sometime soon. However, if your children

Good luck!

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
That's good! This is "Decision Made" which means that your application has been approved. Now, you'll have to receive a date for your citizenship ceremony.

If your children are under 14 years old, they neither have to take the test nor be present for the ceremony. You should see "Decision Made" for them on ECAS sometime soon. However, if your children

Good luck!
Thanks Raj. I was a bit surprised that on the same day of updating the test completion they updated Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions as completed.

Do you know how much time it takes to get the oath invite(Montreal)

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks Raj. I was a bit surprised that on the same day of updating the test completion they updated Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions as completed.

Do you know how much time it takes to get the oath invite(Montreal)
Not sure about the timeline for oath but I do know that there is a severe backlog. I've seen some early 2020 applicants (Jan to May) receive their oath dates for July and August.

Hopefully, you'll see something soon too! All the best!

Reactions: NMontD

sania4567

Jul 1, 2021
Hi All! I’m new to this forum and its been immensely helpful.

I submitted my application in June 2019 and it was received the same month. I got called for the citizenship test in March 2021, and I completed it on April 13th. My tracker was updated on April 23rd after I submitted a web form requesting for clarity. It’s about to be 3 months to the test, and there’s still no news on the ceremony. The IRCC officer said that my next step is oath taking, so I’m assuming that I won’t have the interview.

just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat as me where they gave the test in April, and still haven’t been invited for the oath? I’ve submitted a web form but I’m not sure if that’ll help much.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I think my application is being processed in the Mississauga office since my official address is Brampton (I don’t know if the residence makes a difference)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All! I’m new to this forum and its been immensely helpful.

I submitted my application in June 2019 and it was received the same month. I got called for the citizenship test in March 2021, and I completed it on April 13th. My tracker was updated on April 23rd after I submitted a web form requesting for clarity. It’s about to be 3 months to the test, and there’s still no news on the ceremony. The IRCC officer said that my next step is oath taking, so I’m assuming that I won’t have the interview.

just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat as me where they gave the test in April, and still haven’t been invited for the oath? I’ve submitted a web form but I’m not sure if that’ll help much.

Thanks in advance!

p.s. I think my application is being processed in the Mississauga office since my official address is Brampton (I don’t know if the residence makes a difference)
Welcome! Well, there are several people in the same boat. There is currently a nasty backlog for oath.

You could visit the June 2019 thread where applicants who applied in the said month congregate and discuss.

I hope you receive a notification about your oath soon!

All the best!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Your file progressed quickly. When did you apply?

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hi all,

I did citizenship test on June 25th and passed. Other status in the "new" tracker are as follows:
Language Skills - In Progress
Physical Presence - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Completed
Background Verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started

ECAS no longer shows updates pass the one which says they sent me a communication to do the citizenship test.

Does anyone know the approximate/average timeline for Language Skills, Prohibitions & Physical Presence to be completed? Also, the average timeline from completing the test to ceremony? Also, is there anything else for me to do between the citizenship test and ceremony? Finally, since ceremonies are virtual, do we need to provide the original copies of documents or would that only be required if the test was failed twice and an interview is required?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

I did citizenship test on June 25th and passed. Other status in the "new" tracker are as follows:
Language Skills - In Progress
Physical Presence - In Progress
Citizenship Test - Completed
Background Verification - Completed
Prohibitions - In Progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started

ECAS no longer shows updates pass the one which says they sent me a communication to do the citizenship test.

Does anyone know the approximate/average timeline for Language Skills, Prohibitions & Physical Presence to be completed? Also, the average timeline from completing the test to ceremony? Also, is there anything else for me to do between the citizenship test and ceremony? Finally, since ceremonies are virtual, do we need to provide the original copies of documents or would that only be required if the test was failed twice and an interview is required?
The next update on your ECAS will be "Decision Made". This will happen when Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions are set to "Completed" on the status dashboard.

Well, there's no patterns in the timeline - some receive it within a few days after the test while some wait months for this "Decision Made" status. You can take a look at the spreadsheets (links in my signature) to get a grasp on what is currently going on. Roughly speaking, it is safe to assume it'll take anywhere between 3 and 5 months from the date the test was set to "Completed" to oath invitation.

Good luck!

Reactions: maasjoe

Syed07283

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2014 Pmt charged....: 25/09/2014 P.E.R.............: 04/10/2014 Processing started: 20/11/2014 Email Verification: 27/07/2015
Med's Request
27/08/2015
Med's Done....
05/09/2015
Interview........
Waived Decision Made..: 03/10/2015
Passport Req..
05/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01/10/2015
LANDED..........
21/01/2016