+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you so much! I will let you know if I hear anything. Yes, I applied back on September 4, 2019, got my AOR on November 27, 2019 and IP on December 30, 2019. I hope that you also hear something soon, the wait is so frustrating.
I have tried every single thing I could think of with the call centre agents; sweet talk, lots and lots of patience. The last one told me that the knowledge part had been completed but nothing other than that. I will try again next week, you have given me hope :D I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.
I don't think this is largely due to how slow a local office is. I'm an urgent applicant from Scarborough who's in the same boat. I got my test invite within 2 months of applying and then since completing my test on February 26th, no progress whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I probably called 6 times in the last 5 weeks, and it's always the same response - regardless of the agent. Background checks complete, Knowledge passed, Language and Residence not started. I asked the reason why they have yet to be completed, no meaningful response. I asked if there is anyway I can bring their attention towards completing them (as they're relatively straightforward in my case) they said "no."

From my understanding, Scarborough has been recently finalizing many applications, so not quite sure what's going on. What's even more odd is that I haven't traveled upon obtaining PR status and already went out of my way to submit the supplemental documents even before they requested it. I also submitted my undergraduate and graduate degrees in English along with my CELPIP results, and yet still have yet to complete these checks. Some people were initially worried that the new backlog is slowly transitioning to post-test, and unfortunately, I'm a little concerned this might be the case now.

• Sad
Reactions: zeyzey6

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I don't think this is largely due to how slow a local office is. I'm an urgent applicant from Scarborough who's in the same boat. I got my test invite within 2 months of applying and then since completing my test on February 26th, no progress whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I probably called 6 times in the last 5 weeks, and it's always the same response - regardless of the agent. Background checks complete, Knowledge passed, Language and Residence not started. I asked the reason why they have yet to be completed, no meaningful response. I asked if there is anyway I can bring their attention towards completing them (as they're relatively straightforward in my case) they said "no."

From my understanding, Scarborough has been recently finalizing many applications, so not quite sure what's going on. What's even more odd is that I haven't traveled upon obtaining PR status and already went out of my way to submit the supplemental documents even before they requested it. I also submitted my undergraduate and graduate degrees in English along with my CELPIP results, and yet still have yet to complete these checks. Some people were initially worried that the new backlog is slowly transitioning to post-test, and unfortunately, I'm a little concerned this might be the case now.
From my understanding, language and residence are assessed via interviews. If they have not started instead of in process, I’m assuming your files have yet to be checked by an agent. Otherwise I think it should be “in progress”.

Reactions: adey786

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
From my understanding, language and residence are assessed via interviews. If they have not started instead of in process, I’m assuming your files have yet to be checked by an agent. Otherwise I think it should be “in progress”.
Agreed, however, interviews are not applicable to each and every applicant. Some applicants go straight to DM as per tracker. I submitted all pages of my passport, which were all squeaky clean, given no travel history. I submitted all the supplemental docs that they usually request post-test to give them no margin for confusion whatsoever. Seems like it may have backfired and confused them? Who knows. Not to mention, they had initially accepted urgent processing for me. Most urgent applicants who tested in February and early March 2021, have already had their interviews and/or received DM - as far as the information available on the tracker. I emailed them via Webform and their response was: "You will be contacted at a later date and time to inform you of the next steps regarding your application." This was 15 days ago.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Agreed, however, interviews are not applicable to each and every applicant. Some applicants go straight to DM as per tracker. I submitted all pages of my passport, which were all squeaky clean, given no travel history. I submitted all the supplemental docs that they usually request post-test to give them no margin for confusion whatsoever. Seems like it may have backfired and confused them? Who knows. Not to mention, they had initially accepted urgent processing for me. Most urgent applicants who tested in February and early March 2021, have already had their interviews and/or received DM - as far as the information available on the tracker. I emailed them via Webform and their response was: "You will be contacted at a later date and time to inform you of the next steps regarding your application." This was 15 days ago.
It is true that not everyone has interviews after the test. But you can see from the past few weeks that the number of interviews, not just Scarborough, has bumped up significantly. It is still case-dependant as it seems, at least for now.

About the backfire, it can be possible but I doubt it would be the case for you, at least that’s my assumption. If those two checks are still not started I still think it’s because no agent has started to complete those checks. It is however not advisable to email them documents that they didn’t request, it can cause potential delays. Because I think if they think you are missing they will request it. But I doubt that would be the case here.

Once those two checks are completed, your status would be updated to DM. But for now, I think there’s nothing much you can do beside waiting. Im

1+1=11

Dec 4, 2020
It is true that not everyone has interviews after the test. But you can see from the past few weeks that the number of interviews, not just Scarborough, has bumped up significantly. It is still case-dependant as it seems, at least for now.

About the backfire, it can be possible but I doubt it would be the case for you, at least that’s my assumption. If those two checks are still not started I still think it’s because no agent has started to complete those checks. It is however not advisable to email them documents that they didn’t request, it can cause potential delays. Because I think if they think you are missing they will request it. But I doubt that would be the case here.

Once those two checks are completed, your status would be updated to DM. But for now, I think there’s nothing much you can do beside waiting. Im
Urgent processing before test, delayed post test. Fascinating bipolar behaviour.

tahir.ntn

Oct 9, 2013
Can anyone please tell me in case of online application does all communication happen on email or they still post letters to physical address ?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sometimes when you give too much information IRCC freaks out. Interviews and supplementary documents are not for everyone (like someone else mentioned) mostly they ask for supplementary docs if your app gets audited. Good luck i waited for 21months to get a test invite and did it as soon as the link came available and now waiting again (11days and counting)

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Thank you so much! I will let you know if I hear anything. Yes, I applied back on September 4, 2019, got my AOR on November 27, 2019 and IP on December 30, 2019. I hope that you also hear something soon, the wait is so frustrating.
I have tried every single thing I could think of with the call centre agents; sweet talk, lots and lots of patience. The last one told me that the knowledge part had been completed but nothing other than that. I will try again next week, you have given me hope :D I'm crossing my fingers for both of us.
We are in the same boat! In fact, all of us in the thread are... I may also start to send anonymous complaints through their feedback webform (not the regular case specific enquiry webform). But I guess they never look at these feedbacks LOL

And yes, please keep me posted if you have any updates! Fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019

I'm really sorry to hear about your case. Having to wait to hear back under urgent processing is a whole new level of frustration, especially given that you don't have any travel history. In my case, my GCMS notes showed me that I was test ready since January 2020. I only got the test request in February 2021 for which I consider myself extremely lucky. I still see people from 2019 and 2018 waiting for tests. What I fail to understand is how slow the office was working pre-covid. I was assuming that maybe they could get the residency and the language parts done without the test being completed. Like you, I sent them both my undergraduate degree and my IELTS test score so I'm perplexed as to what takes them so long to complete the language requirements. But like everyone else on this forum, I do not understand IRCC at all, and maybe it's time that I stop giving myself fake hope. I was so disappointed during my PR journey that I was hoping that the citizenship application would be a happier and less stressful one. I was wrong. I'm just hoping that we all hear some good news soon, we all need it, that's for sure :D

Reactions: 1+1=11

sonyvaio

Aug 2, 2012
Hi everyone
I have passed my test Jan 26, 2021 and till now I did not hear anything, the status is still in process. Is it normal??
I have started to worry why is it to slow !!
My processing office is Hamilton
Hello,

You don't have tk worry. I am also in same boat completed my test on February 07 2021 and still no updates and mh processing office is also in Hamilton.

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Applicants from Toronto, I got my oath ceremony invitation for April 9th.
Test was done on feb 10th and my interview was on March 16th. Im assuming they are speeding the processing times up.
Congrats on getting the oath invite. Would u like to share your interview experience like how long it last for and other info u feel comfortable with . Thanks

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Hello,

You don't have tk worry. I am also in same boat completed my test on February 07 2021 and still no updates and mh processing office is also in Hamilton.
i wrote my test on March 24th and my processing office is Hamilton as well . Did u get invite for interview ?

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Applicants from Toronto, I got my oath ceremony invitation for April 9th.
Test was done on feb 10th and my interview was on March 16th. Im assuming they are speeding the processing times up.
Is your oath invite is from personal email I’d or system generated one

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Well, Halifax by the looks of it isn't slower than Scarborough anyways. I had my test mid-Feb and although I have my DM (came a month later and after the interview) I haven't had any Oath invites, so whereas I would absolutely call them to at least try to enquire as to why the checks haven't been done, you are still well within the general national timeframe. I can only remember January test takers being swift on Oaths. After that I'd say 2 months between the test and the Oath are quite business as usual

From what I have seen - by Thursday, Scarborough Oath sent Oath invites to 13/14 March DM candidates so you are almost there. Look forward to your Oath invite this week. I am a week behind you, so I am expecting Oath invite in next 2 weeks.

Good luck.